Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-07-2009   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default [FOX Sports] On-The-Clock: Texans high on Clay Matthews

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...SC-LB-Matthews

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [FOX Sports] On-The-Clock: Texans high on Clay Matthews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Breaking news: John McClain tested positive for a banned substance, per league officials, after consistently being "high" on Clay Matthews III.

In all seriousness, I'm a big fan of Clay myself. If the Texans think he has the ability to play OLB in the 4-3 (particularly SLB) I would be thrilled with the selection, even at 15. Plenty of other threads talking about pros and cons of Clay.

I think John is thinking too vanilla when it comes to the RB position. I understand his points and fully agree with them (4th round RB)... but I think there's a decent possibility we could select a RB earlier.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I want more picks. folks high on Clay, hey we could get him later or a more proven LB with pass rush skills like Clint & another quality pick/player, would be fine with either one late 1st. the guy the Texans must find a way to draft is Rashad Jennings, he must be our second round pick
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #4
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I like how he can't tell you anything at all about Clay III except that he's related to Bruce, his father played in the NFL, and the Texans are going to draft him because he's related to Bruce, and his father played in the NFL.

Also breaking news! The Texans could trade up, or trade down, or sit tight at 15.

How does he have a job? The janitor has better insider info than him, and probably knows more about football.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read