Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: like
1 6 40.00%
2 2 13.33%
3 0 0%
4 2 13.33%
5 1 6.67%
6 1 6.67%
7 1 6.67%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2009   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation help need opinons on vidio im makeing on texans draft

ok im thinking about makeing a vidio but i need some opinons....

ok here todays mock

1st rb

Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
Height: 5-11. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.44.
Combine 40 Time: 4.60.
Pro Day 40 Time: 4.60.
Benchx225: 25. Vertical: 35.5. Broad

fast and a verry good back up / starter provides back up 2 slaton if he gos down

round 2....cb
Victor Harris, Virginia Tech
Height: 5-11. Weight: 197.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
Combine 40 Time: 4.61.
Pro Day 40 Time: 4.46.
Benchx225: 13. Vertical: 34.

verry good cb we could use him

round 3..... olb

Tyrone McKenzie, South Florida
Height: 6-2. Weight: 243.
Projected 40 Time: 4.59.
Combine 40 Time: 4.80.
Pro Day 40 Time: 4.78.
Benchx225: 27. Vertical: 32.5.

perfict fit good player

round for....ss

Emanuel Cook, SS/FS, South Carolina
Height: 5-10. Weight: 201.
Projected 40 Time: 4.49.
Combine 40 Time: 4.64.
Pro Day 40 Time: 4.57.
Benchx225: . Vertical: 32.

i think its about time we get 1 =d

round 4 from vikeing,,,,c

Cecil Newton, Tennessee State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 300.
Projected 40 Time: 5.15.
Pro Day 40 Time: 5.13.
Benchx225: 25.

we need 1 period

round 5,,,,wr

Jarett Dillard, Rice
Height: 5-11. Weight: 187.
Projected 40 Time: 4.51.
Combine 40 Time: 4.53.
Pro Day 40 Time: 4.50.
Vertical: 42.5. Broad: 10-11.

verry talented may take andra davis or.... kevins verry good pick for this spot

round 6....qb

Nate Davis, Ball State - Scouting Report
Height: 6-1. Weight: 226.
Projected 40 Time: 4.77.
Combine 40 Time: 5.01.
Hand Size: 9 1/2.

could be like tom brady how he got drafted in round 6 never no =d

finaly round 7.....og

Roger Allen, Missouri Western
Height: 6-3. Weight: 326.
Projected 40 Time: 5.38.
Combine 40 Time: DNP.
Benchx225: . Arm: 34 3/4.

we will turn him into a star....i hope

please help me in decideing on make a vidio for this mock draft bye

ranking it 1 low 10 high i will post what i think here

i put here for help thank you
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #2
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: help need opinons on vidio im makeing on texans draft

Dude, the Texans aren't going offense with the 1st pick. Nor the 2nd. And maybe not even the 3rd. Kubiak himself has said they won't go offense with the 1st pick, whom they expect to be a starter. The Texans need STARTERS on defense not offense. This mock has no logic behind it. Redo your picks with some sense and then make a video.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #3
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

rember maRIO they said offence and we got defence i think other way this year -=d
Old 04-06-2009   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Best draught ever?
Old 04-06-2009   #5
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

every 1 post! please and put the ancer 2 poll
Old 04-06-2009   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74835 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Your draft touched on most the places we obviously need help so from that perspective its sound.

Not sure about the 1st round RB, but I think we are trying to solidify all our weaknesses through FA so we can go pure BPA, so it might come to pass. If it did it is strengthening our biggest strength (offense) so I could live with it.
Old 04-07-2009   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

First off....you're in the wrong forum.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/02/brow...uscs-matthews/

Second off...they need to get faster on defense, not slower. You mocked just about every supsect speed guy on the board....and the fact of the matter is except for the LB, most wouldn't make the current roster much less....get drafted by us.

Best draught ever? Wouldn't that be Guinness Draft ? Which reminds me has anyone seen kastofnsa post recently on the web ?

http://www2.guinness.com/Pages/Gatew...untry=&RhYear=

Last edited by threetoedpete; 04-07-2009 at 12:25 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2009   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Draft is below mediocre.

I'm not opposed to Moreno but, I think we can get better value in the second if we are looking at taking a RB early. Harris IMO too early at round 2. I like McKenzie but if we are going to look at taking a LB early, considering June will be pushing for PT on one of the sides, I'd much rather take Cushing or Matthews at 15. I do like Cook. If AQ Shipley is there rather take him then newton. If we are going to seriously take a WR only one i can realistically see is Maclin other then that good luck breaking into the rotation during TC. If Nate Davis is there, which I don't think he will be, that's a steal. If we can land someone in the 7th that has a shot of making the roster i'd be surprised.

I know you're young(not that that's much of an excuse at 14) but, please at least spell check what you type in.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #9
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Im still waiting for this guy to say hes kidding..
imatexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #10
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Im still waiting for this guy to say hes kidding..
Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
rember im 14
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #11
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't say a RB is out of the question in the first, especially given how many defensive depth players we picked up over the offseason. At the beginning of the offseason pretty much everyone projected Dlineman there, but now it could be anything.

On another note, work on your spelling, it will make your posts a little more credible. My spelling is probably not perfect, but at least people can tell what I'm talking about. Video* four* perfect* answer*
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #12
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
I get your point but when I originally joined the board, I was under some other name then, I was 15 and did not type like this at all..
imatexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #13
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I get your point but when I originally joined the board, I was under some other name then, I was 15 and did not type like this at all..
i started posted here at 15 also. granted, i've always been good with spelling and grammar...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #14
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
i started posted here at 15 also. granted, i've always been good with spelling and grammar...
Haha, that is a brilliant post. Kudos to you.

As for the draft. Mostly no. We start with defense, continue with defense, and then perhaps take a little bit more defense. When we wake up on Sunday morning, then we can think about some offense. Really don't think we're hitting the RB issue until round 3.
mattieuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #15
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #16
J. Sean Wonton
Veteran

Rep Power: 83 J. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respected

Is 10 like a lot or not like a lot? I like your passion, kid. If you can't justify your picks in the face of criticism, take the advice and reconsider them. If you can, good for you, but you still need to work on your spelling if for no other reason than making a good impression when you text the girls at school.
J. Sean Wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #17
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ugh... 14 is no excuse. That is what, freshman or 8th grade? Take your time kid, write everything out. Then check what you have written.

That said, watch me make some grammatical or spelling error in the near future...
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #18
Polo

I gave you a 7. Only because I like your first round pick.

I think there are much better players that will be available to us in the other rounds, but your picks aren't terrible IMO.
Old 04-07-2009   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
Best draught ever?
Dang that's a tough question. I prefer draughts over bottles or cans. I'll have to say I'm a sucker for Blue Moon on draught though. Doesn't that just look tasty? Edit- sorry for the abnormally ginormous picture... It must be in High Def.

#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #20
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Dude, the Texans aren't going offense with the 1st pick. Nor the 2nd. And maybe not even the 3rd. Kubiak himself has said they won't go offense with the 1st pick, whom they expect to be a starter. The Texans need STARTERS on defense not offense. This mock has no logic behind it. Redo your picks with some sense and then make a video.
When did Kubiak say that? With all the FA moves we have made so far I would say there is a good chance we go offense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read