Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-05-2009   #1
Hoss
i need a beer..

Rep Power: 445 Hoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Hoss
Default Jeff Garcia headed to Oakland Raiders?

http://http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/r...urn=nfl,152938

Jeff Garcia could be headed back to the San Francisco Bay area, but this time it would be on the side beloning to the Oakland Raiders, according to Profootballtalk.com.
According to the website, no formal offer has been made, but noted it's the closest Garcia has come to signing with a new team since hitting the market on February 27.
Source: Profootballtalk.com

sig-False Start
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009   #2
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jeff Garcia headed to Oakland Raiders?

is he still alive
Old 04-06-2009   #3
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
is he still alive
If you were married to this I think you'd find a way to stay alive for a while..
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #4
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

he can probably still outplay that POS qb they have there now.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Why? This makes absolutely no sense at all. THey aren't going to start him over Russell and if they did it would be dumb because they just draft Russel and that would potentially turn into another VY situation. Garcia is better than Russel ight now, but it doesn't make sense to pull Russsel at this point and now the minute he starts struggling, fans might start calling for Garcia to come in. Once again another retarded move from Al Davis.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's a very good number 2 guy and that's exactly what he'll be in Oakland. In this day and age you better have a good backup. Good signing for them if it pans out.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Why? This makes absolutely no sense at all. THey aren't going to start him over Russell and if they did it would be dumb because they just draft Russel and that would potentially turn into another VY situation. Garcia is better than Russel ight now, but it doesn't make sense to pull Russsel at this point and now the minute he starts struggling, fans might start calling for Garcia to come in. Once again another retarded move from Al Davis.
He has said all along that he doesn't need to start yet no one will listen. When the Bucs cut him and people here were talking about wanting him people said he wouldn't be a backup despite articles saying differently. Now he is reported to be their backup so it makes sense to me. I'm not sure what people didn't understand about:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3911129

Quote:
"I do feel like I have football life in me,'' Garcia said. "I feel I can still contribute. I'm not sure what my role will be with another team. I'm not looking at it like I need to start and be the man ... Hopefully, I'll have some opportunities out there. I'm pretty sure there's going to be something out there for me
Old 04-06-2009   #8
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Garcia Is A Raider
Posted by Mike Florio on April 6, 2009, 3:16 p.m.

We’re hearing from multiple sources that quarterback Jeff Garcia is the newest member of the Oakland Raiders.

One tipster tells us that Garcia is already in the building and working out. (We haven’t yet confirmed that specific detail.)

Though some outlets are suggesting that Garcia will compete with starter JaMarcus Russell, we’re told that Garcia has no intention of competing with the first overall pick in the 2007 draft.

Then again, we all thought that Matt Leinart was entrenched as the starter in Arizona last year at this time, too.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Also being reported by FoxSports.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...l-with-Raiders

Last edited by drewmar74; 04-06-2009 at 05:16 PM.
drewmar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #9
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be more interesting if he went to the Bills.....
Old 04-07-2009   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
He has said all along that he doesn't need to start yet no one will listen. When the Bucs cut him and people here were talking about wanting him people said he wouldn't be a backup despite articles saying differently. Now he is reported to be their backup so it makes sense to me. I'm not sure what people didn't understand about:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3911129
When Russel starts struggling or if he gets hurt for a game or two and Garcia does real well then you'll have team mates wanting one guy over the other and fans doing the same thing. The last thing Oakland needs is a QB controversy between a 3rd year player who was their #1 draft pick that they are HIGHLY invested in against a guy who is almost 40 and most likely only has one or two years left max who won't get them to a SB any way. This move makes no sense at all to me and is another bad one for the Raiders in my opinion.

Bad move for other teams around the league to let the Raiders sign Garcia as well when there are a few of these teams where Garcia could really compete for the starting jog or easily win it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #11
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Garcia likes the Bay Area I am not that suprised to see him sign on one of the teams in this area.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read