Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-02-2009   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tyjuan Hagler to visit on Friday: Buster Davis signs

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6354649.html

Quote:
The Texans are interested in two other former Indianapolis linebackers — Buster Davis, who started three games in the middle last season and was waived this week, and Tyjuan Hagler, who played outside for four seasons and is scheduled to visit Reliant Stadium on Friday.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tyjuan Hagler to visit on friday

I loved Buster Davis at FSU and would love to see him compete for a roster spot.
Old 04-02-2009   #3
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tyjuan Hagler to visit on Friday: Interested in Buster Davis

The best part of the whole article was Faggins signing a 2 year deal with the Titans.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Faggins gone!?! Who are we to blame now?

What if he kicks ass in Tennessee ?
Old 04-02-2009   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119380 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

We must be gathering intel on the Colts.
Old 04-02-2009   #6
Polo

I like Hagler, Buster Davis not so much.

I liked his game at FSU, but I never thought he'd be much in the pros because once a lineman touches him it's over. If he's not shooting gaps he's not doing anything.
Old 04-02-2009   #7
BY1401
14-2*

Rep Power: 12 BY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden cover

Lol!

I'm thinking y'all are going the Titans route with our former players.

-Jim Caldwell 12/23/2009
BY1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-02-2009   #8
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BY1401 View Post
Lol!

Have we signed any yet?
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #9
BY1401
14-2*

Rep Power: 12 BY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Have we signed any yet?
Details, details.

-Jim Caldwell 12/23/2009
Old 04-02-2009   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol!

Better than signing former Lions...
Old 04-02-2009   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Better than signing former Lions...
Was that a shot at the Texans?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #12
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Was that a shot at the Texans?
Yes. We signed 2 former Lions after they went 0-16. The Colts at least have good players.
Old 04-02-2009   #13
BY1401
14-2*

Quote:
The Colts at least have good players.
To be honest, when I heard we let Buster Davis go, my first thought was: "Who?"

Then someone told me that he filled in for Brackett when he got injured. I had to take her at her word, because I couldn't remember squat about Davis or even Brackett getting hurt.

Then I realized I had a bigger problem.

Turns out I can't remember a dang thing about last year's D save for one stupendous play. It was such a huge hit, I think it knocked everything else out of mah brain:

-Jim Caldwell 12/23/2009
Old 04-03-2009   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
If he's not shooting gaps he's not doing anything.

Is it possible that this sentence gives a clue on what kind of defense we should expect from Frank Bush's defense?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
To be honest, when I heard we let Buster Davis go, my first thought was: "Who?"

Then someone told me that he filled in for Brackett when he got injured. I had to take her at her word, because I couldn't remember squat about Davis or even Brackett getting hurt.

Then I realized I had a bigger problem.

Turns out I can't remember a dang thing about last year's D save for one stupendous play. It was such a huge hit, I think it knocked everything else out of mah brain:

Yeah, but those are guys who played on a 4 loss team. The Lions didnt win a game, and had no real bright spot save CJ. Orlovsky doesnt bother me, since Kubes is a QB guy, but Cody is very eh.
Old 04-03-2009   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes. We signed 2 former Lions after they went 0-16. The Colts at least have good players.
So a bad team like last year's Lions can't have any good players on the whole roster? Or at least some quality depth if nothing else.

I am going to have to disagree with that logic.
Old 04-03-2009   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Buster reminds me somewhat of Diles very similar, both look like undersized MLB's who move outside, fill gaps but lack length in coverage. good back-up material.
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
So a bad team like last year's Lions can't have any good players on the whole roster? Or at least some quality depth if nothing else.

I am going to have to disagree with that logic.
They do have a few good players, just not the ones they let walk. I dont mind the Cody signing, but he hass done less than TJ. Orlovsky is the only QB in history to record a point in the safties forced catigory. And I don't mind him either. I just feel more comfortable going after guys who contributed to good teams, not 0-16 teams. Is that so bad?
Old 04-03-2009   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They do have a few good players, just not the ones they let walk. I dont mind the Cody signing, but he hass done less than TJ. Orlovsky is the only QB in history to record a point in the safties forced catigory. And I don't mind him either. I just feel more comfortable going after guys who contributed to good teams, not 0-16 teams. Is that so bad?
No, that's not bad, I just didn't think it was fair to paint the whole team with a broad brush, Calvin Johnson is still a pretty good even though he is a Lion.
I do understand your point more clearly now and see where you are coming from. Personally, I have no clue about Cody, but if he can't win a job in camp, he should be cut. Maybe he shows us something, he will have to win a spot just like everything else.

The safety dance thing was something he will have a hard time living down, kind of like the Rosencopter incident. It was a huge mental error on his part, but mistakes happen especially to young QB's. The real question to me is does he have a lot of upside? He did make progress through the season and Kubes must have seen something to work with or else he would not have let Sage walk. There's definitely some risk involved with the move, one of those things I guess, if it works out it will look like a genius move if not people will be calling for his head.
Old 04-03-2009   #20
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=BigBull17;1153385]They do have a few good players, just not the ones they let walk. I dont mind the Cody signing, but he hass done less than TJ. Orlovsky is the only QB in history to record a point in the safties forced catigory. And I don't mind him either. I just feel more comfortable going after guys who contributed to good teams, not 0-16 teams. Is that so bad?[/QUOTE]

Just silly and myopic
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read