Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-01-2009   #1
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ryans Robinson arent going to report

Per McClain

When the Texans report Monday for the first day of their offseason conditioning program, middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans and cornerback Dunta Robinson won’t be there.

Ryans and Robinson, who are defensive leaders and among the team’s elite players, aren’t expected to participate in the offseason program because they’re unhappy with their contract situations.

“I’ve talked to both of them,” coach Gary Kubiak said. “I understand the issue. The offseason program is voluntary. I’d love to have them here. Their teammates would love to have them here. We’ll work through it.”

Fortunately for the Texans, neither player is threatening to hold out during the regular season.

Robinson still sounds really unhappy. I absolutely love the guy and what he has meant to this team but am starting to wonder if this is capable of being resolved. He just isnt worth the kind of contract he has been reported to want. I wonder what kind of a draft choice he would bring us in a trade.

Last edited by mussop; 04-01-2009 at 05:11 AM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #2
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4282 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ryans Robinson arent going to report

Well DeMeco will only be making 940K this season, so I can "kind of" understand where he's coming from.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #3
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Is this the first time we have ever had someone not report? I'm pretty sure we have a good track record on the voluntary practices.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #4
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
Is this the first time we have ever had someone not report? I'm pretty sure we have a good track record on the voluntary practices.
Yeah it is the first time. And the reason why its the first time is that we actually have a guy on our roster that is outperforming his contract in Demeco and for the first time a guy that has been franchised in Dunta. The fact is Ryans signed a contract and he is going to have to live with it because I think there is basically no chance his contract gets re-worked. And Dunta is just being a little biatch if it is actually true that he turned down a contract that was worth 23 mil in guaranteed money.

I am really glad that the Texans are taking this stance. If you cave in then there will just be more guys that try to pull this crap in the future.
Old 04-01-2009   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I had heard at the time that Jerome Mathis was going to hold out for a new contract after going All Pro. However, he then wrecked his motorcycle and with it his injury riddled career. I didn't post this at the time, but it doesn't really matter anymore so there it is.
Old 04-01-2009   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Not surprised at all, just as I will not be surpirsed when they are not Texans in 2010.
Old 04-01-2009   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Demeco I could understand. Dunta got his money to play this year, he needs to earn every bit of it. He better be all-pro level next year or I wouldn't mind seeing him traded or released.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2009   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

One reason I don't buy jerseys with a player's number. Here today, gone tomorrow. Very hard to give 100% loyalty to guys who think about their bank account first. Dont' get me wrong, I understand where some of the debate comes from, but, I DO NOT understand why Dunte is so pissed off. If his ego is that inflated let him go someplace else. Doesn't sound like the team player we all thought he was.

As for Demeco! Get the damn contract fixed TEXANS!!!!!!!!! He has shown leadership, commitment, loyalty to his team, passion for the game, and respect for the fans. Same with Dunte, but, Dunte's getting paid well enough, not so Demeco. The Texans need to give this man a reason to want to remain a Texan!! PAY UP!! JMO!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #9
Polo

I don't blame either one of them.

It's a business even though fans get emotionally involved. Just because we get emotionally involved doesn't mean the players have to.
Old 04-01-2009   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't know about OTAs, but the only TC holdout in Texans history was our beloved TJ..............and that was, I believe for only 1 day.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #11
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
but, I DO NOT understand why Dunte is so pissed off. If his ego is that inflated let him go someplace else. Doesn't sound like the team player we all thought he was.

As for Demeco! Get the damn contract fixed TEXANS!!!!!!!!!
Couldn't agree with that comment more. Dunta still has alot to prove, and still he's making 9 million dollars this year. He needs to bite the bullet and deal with it. If not, adios in 2010.
Demeco deserves the contract extension more if you ask me. Playing for 950K and the leader and caller of the defense deserves more. I don't see Dunta being named to the pro-bowl or pro-bowl alternate the past few years as Demeco has.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #12
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't blame either one of them, why in the #@% are they dragging their feet on demeco's extension? Talk about underpaid
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #13
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I was disappointed to read the article - but this doesn't make us any different than most otehr teams in the league. I would love to see both of these guys happy.

If the reports are true on Robinson, then I personally have a hard time feeling bad for him. We need to make sure our guys get paid, but the team can't allow itself to overpay for players...especially those with injury concerns. He is getting paid close to $10M this year - he should make the workout.

I do feel that Ryans should get paid. You would hope that players would honor their contracts - but we have heard the front office say over and over again that we aren't going to let good players leave the organization. This guys is an unquestioned leader of the team and always in discussion for the pro bowl - you have to take care of him.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #14
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

well the broncos are looking to trade Cutler and they may want a defensive player..hmmmmmm an injured Schaub.....Cutler is familiar with system...we got two less than satisfied defensive players....hmmmmmmmmm.

Its worth a look isnt it?
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryans' contract will be renegotiated prior to TC. Robinson, as it now stands, is being paid a boat load for a questionable product. He was paid handsomely last year.......for not playing, then playing at a less than stellar level. If Robinson is so sure that he will return to "pre-injury level," then he should rest assured that he will get a commensurate new contract. If he is not sure that his performance will come up to par, then he is trying to make out like a bandit. Both players will, in appropriate time, be paid fairly what they are worth.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I hope we trade Dunta. I love the guy, but he wants way more money than he's worth. Go back and watch the games, he gets burnt worse than Reeves, even before the injury. He wants to be paid like a top 5 corner, something he's not.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

This just seems odd because it is the first time it is happening to the Texans. 90% of the time this kind of disgruntlement gets worked out.
Old 04-01-2009   #18
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryans has had declining production, and fewer impact plays each season since he was drafted. I wouldn't be jumping to extend him either.

They both need to right the ship if they want to get paid. Missing camp is only going to hurt them in the long run. The Texans now know that they're not team first type of players, and so does every other team in the NFL.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #19
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Don't blame either one of them, why in the #@% are they dragging their feet on demeco's extension? Talk about underpaid
Because you have to do whats good for your organization, which means trying to get him for as little as possible. These guys need to make this team a winner before they all gripe for more money. Demeco is at least severly under paid, Dunta is being a whiney little *****. He has less room to *****, since he turned down a fatty and is making close to 10 mil this year.
Old 04-01-2009   #20
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
well the broncos are looking to trade Cutler and they may want a defensive player..hmmmmmm an injured Schaub.....Cutler is familiar with system...we got two less than satisfied defensive players....hmmmmmmmmm.

Its worth a look isnt it?
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58 This is the fantasy football subforum... If you want to put together blockbuster deals, this is the place for that.

Otherwise, if you want to talk reality, we can end this silliness now. Like it or not, the Texans will not trade Matt Schaub.

By the way, Dunta can be traded until he signs a new contract or his franchise tender.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read