Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-31-2009   #1
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston Texans...On The Clock

The Houston Texans are on the clock April 1st on ESPN. Here is a link to the series as of now:http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation...%20the%20clock.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans...On The Clock

http://footballoutsiders.com/four-do...ns-afc-south-0

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth

Quote:
April 1, 2009 2:05 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky

On the Clock: Houston Texans

April 1, 2009 11:36 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky

Team needs: Defensive tackle, outside linebacker, safety, running back.

Chris Morrison/US PRESSWIRE
USC linebacker Clay Matthews could fill a void for the Texans.
Dream scenario: All indications are that the Texans are expecting to address linebacker with the 15th pick in the draft. Ideally, they'd have their choice of the two USC guys projected to be selected around the middle of the first round -- Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews Jr. Matthews may be viewed as having a bit more upside as he has not reached his peak. And the Texans have inside information on him, as his uncle, Bruce Mathews, is now a part of Gary Kubiak's staff. At 6-foot-3, 240 pounds, Matthews would give the Texans the sort of size -- and hopefully the sort of durability -- they covet.

Plan B: Boston College's B.J. Raji will be out of range, but the Texans will have to consider a defensive tackle who can get some interior push, take some attention away from Mario Williams and help Amobi Okoye get back on track. Candidates at No. 15 might be Peria Jerry of Mississippi or Evander Hood of Missouri. A team in need of a lot of help on defense probably cannot afford to go offense, but Ohio State's Chris "Beanie" Wells would have to be tempting to a team in need of a big back to pair with Steve Slaton.

PollCenter: On the Clock
What is the Houston Texans' biggest positional need? VOTE

Houston Texans, On the Clock, Gary Kubiak, Rick Smith, Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews, B.J. Raji, Mario Williams, Amobi Okoye, Peria Jerry, Evander Hood, Chris Wells, Alex Gibbs, Aaron Maybin, Antonio Smith, Percy Harvin, Matt Schaub

Unhappy with their contracts, Dunta Robinson and DeMeco Ryans will not be part of voluntary workouts when they start Monday, reports John McClain.
A transcript of McClain's Tuesday chat.
Indianapolis Colts

Old 04-01-2009   #3
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

The link to the write-up for the Texans..

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/...on-Texans.html
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #4
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I like what Trent had to say about the Texans and I agree with the ESPN crew that we need to change our mentality. We also need to pay our star players and keep them happy, especially DeMeco Ryans who WAS our defense before Mario Williams joined our team. We need to be aggressive and just step it up a notch and we will be able to get over the 8-8 hump.

Last edited by Texan4Ever; 04-01-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #5
krocket
Rookie

Rep Power: 135 krocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I would love to see Percy Harvin taken into the fold. It would give our offense an immediate upgrade. IMO we could look at running the 'Wildcat' featuring him near the goal line, third and short, or fourth quarter hold-'em. It worked for Florida! and a few other pro teams have started using it also. It would sure be fun to watch.

Last edited by krocket; 04-02-2009 at 05:44 AM.
krocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #6
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

If we select Percy Harvin I'll quit.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
We also need to pay our star players and keep them happy, especially DeMeco Ryans who WAS our defense before Mario Williams joined our team.
DeMeco was our second round draft pick the same year Mario was selected first overall.
Old 04-02-2009   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
qft

and i lol'd
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
there is only a couple of guys on the board I think they'll be truly tempted not to stick to their....what they're saying publicllly....game plan. Draft defense. Harven goes against the bigger back thingy.

Havin is one of them. I believe Pettigrew is one also. I'm going to be pretty depressed also if they take an offensive guy....or a DB in the first from a poor class of DBs.
Old 04-02-2009   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I like what Trent had to say about the Texans and I agree with the ESPN crew that we need to change our mentality. We also need to pay our star players and keep them happy, especially DeMeco Ryans who WAS our defense before Mario Williams joined our team. We need to be aggressive and just step it up a notch and we will be able to get over the 8-8 hump.
Well eventually....they will figure out they don't have the talent on the defensive side to get over the hump.....here's hoping a defensive talent falls to them at the fifteen. And they get lucky again in the second day of the draft.
Old 04-02-2009   #11
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
DeMeco was our second round draft pick the same year Mario was selected first overall.
Beat me to it.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #12
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Harvin is one of them. I believe Pettigrew is one also. I'm going to be pretty depressed also if they take an offensive guy....or a DB in the first from a poor class of DBs.
Yeah Jenkins seems shaky and I like Davis but the attitude is a no. Harvin will make me absolutely wretch. WR is beyond a strength right now for this team. Andre Johnson, we call him #1-Walter is a pro #2, Anderson is an average slot guy maybe he gets a little better if he's get featured, Daniels is a top TE. I wouldn't mind a late round day 2 pick on WR but #1! with how much help this needs would be stupid. Pettigrew would be an interesting choice but I have to think OD probably wouldn't appreciate the pick. Wells makes sense but I wouldn't be thrilled. Oher is my dark-horse, if he slips (it would be due to about 11/14 Defense picks) and isn't seriously considered I'd be really disappointed.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read