Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-31-2009   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default 49ers drop Stafford from draft consideration

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,151562

Singletary is a bit of an eccentric methinks.

""If you're going to look at drafting a guy in the first round, and you're going to pay him millions of dollars, and asking him about a divorce about his parents, if that's going to be an issue, uhhh, then you know what, maybe he doesn't belong here.""
Old 03-31-2009   #2
Polo

Default Re: 49ers drop Stafford from draft consideration

Singletary is a nut.
Old 03-31-2009   #3
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if the Texans used the same methodology when passing on Vince....that or he started crying when Kubiak asked him to spell UT.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #4
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Reading the article that Yahoo one was written off of, it seems there are some red flags to Stafford. He apparently asked the psychologist how much he made after refusing to talk about his parents divorce. Now, this might not seem like much, but if I gotta invest millions of dollars into someone who can seemingly get so flustered off something like this, it just makes me more hesitant than before. Little too much attitude it seems.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Did Stafford object to Singletary's anal examination???

Seriously, it's the freakin' game of football. I think too much is read into this stuff. The guy is human. And he's being asked to play a game for a lot of money.

So what, he didn't want to air his parents' dirty laundry. I respect that perspective. Who knows where that information ends up. Obviously, the interview was not confidential or we wouldn't be reading about it.

I wish him well and hope it backfires in the face of a head coach who dropped his pants as a motivational tool at halftime. I've always respected Singletary - the player - but he has proved jack as a head coach. Both player and head coach have everything to prove right now. Both might have too big of egos for where they are on the NFL's ladder right now. JMO
Old 03-31-2009   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I would not take the player either if I could not get a read on his head and what makes him tick (motivation). I do not want any kids on an NFL team, I want adults.

Sounds Dallas soft to me.
Old 03-31-2009   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

With Shaun Hill as the franchise QB, I'd rethink that decision.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2009   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
With Shaun Hill as the franchise QB, I'd rethink that decision.
I am sure they are targeting a QB - just minus Stafford.
Old 03-31-2009   #9
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

This is so stupid from Singletary I can only assume that he is thinking that Stafford is off the board by 10. He may just be preparing for a media campaign of slating Stafford, and taking Sanchez, whilst claiming he got the better QB. Or perhaps he liked Stafford that much, he is trying to kill his draft stock, to let him slip down the board to the 49ers.

Or perhaps he is just pretty dumb...
mattieuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"Honestly, that's an utterly bizarre quote from Singletary."
That's my reaction.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

How long ago was the divorce? Was it 10 years ago, or is it still going on?

I can understand him not wanting to talk about it if its going on now.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #12
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Singletary's grand plan is to sign Michael Vick probably...

Last edited by Nawzer; 03-31-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Nawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I am sure they are targeting a QB - just minus Stafford.
Their only chance for a legit QB is Stafford and Sanchez, and from what I've heard, Stafford is more likely to drop if the Lions don't take him. The Niners aren't the only ones scared of Stafford.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
The Niners aren't the only ones scared of Stafford.
The 49ers have gone from the premier franchise in the NFL, to a laughingstock since Eddie DeBartolo lost control. The next good decision they make will their first of the millennium.

I have to go with Stafford on this one. Ask me anything you want about me. Just leave my family out of it. Otherwise, let another team draft me.
Old 03-31-2009   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The 49ers have gone from the premier franchise in the NFL, to a laughingstock since Eddie DeBartolo lost control. The next good decision they make will their first of the millennium.

I have to go with Stafford on this one. Ask me anything you want about me. Just leave my family out of it. Otherwise, let another team draft me.
I agree.

I can find plenty of faults with Stafford's game and none of them have anything to do with how he felt when his parents got divorced.

I understand it is a screening process, but that line of questioning has nothing to do with his mental capacity or how well he plays football.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #16
Polo

He doesn't want to talk about personal family matters to a complete stranger in an interview that was obviously not confidential for a team that may or may not draft him.

Was that question really that critical in evaluating whether or not this guy could produce on a football field on Sundays?

For Singletary to act like him not answering that question was the trump card is nutty.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read