Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-30-2009   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans To Visit With Cato June: Signs 1-year contract

Quote:
HOUSTON - In an effort to shore up their linebacking corps, the Houston Texans will visit Tuesday with free agent linebacker Cato June.

A six-year veteran, June played the last two years with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Before that he spent four seasons with the Indianapolis Colts.

Last season June played in 16 games for the Buccaneers, starting 14. He had 67 total tackles and one interception.

For his career June has 12 interceptions and one quarterback sack.
link

Training camp fodder or legitimate depth?
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #2
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans To Visit With Cato June

he was awesome in indy hes still kinda young so i would be excited for him to come here... lets sign him up maybe he can turn things around
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't know about him. He did some good things in Indy but I don't know if that was just because he was in the right scheme. You would have expected him to have the same sort of success in Tampa.

So...

I'm fine if we sign him. But I won't be heartbroken if we don't. He should at least bring some competition to camp. I doubt he'll want to play ST, though... and if he doesn't play ST, he'd better win the starting gig outright.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #4
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe with frank bush's attack defense... cato junes speed could be a good asset... like i said i would be excited

that said him and adibi are pretty similar just need to see who is beter
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Solid vet who would push Adibi if signed at a fair price. He went to a pro bowl with the Colts, the Bucs had all sorts of problems last season including their DC announcing his resignation midseason that demoralized every player on that side of the ball.

He's got Adibi's speed plus he's won a Superbowl. Signing him would certainly make it easier for us to go BPA in the draft...
Old 03-31-2009   #6
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Get...it....done!
Old 03-31-2009   #7
whiskeyrbl

Believe it would be a solid signing. Depth more than likely, but if Bush has the attacking D he wants 3rd and long could be a ***** for our opponents.
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2009   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh. The guy weighs 230 pounds. We already have SO many undersized LBs. I guess that's all we want. How did Chaun Thompson ever hook on with us? He weighs like 255!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #9
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Cato June was awsome with the Colts, this would be a great signing.

I kind of forgot about the guy but if he is still healthy seems good to me.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #10
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL...love to see him line up across from Peyton Manning! Manning would be like, "WTF?!?!...oh $hit here comes the blitz, to the fetal position!"
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

He was really good with the Colts. What happened to him in Tampa though?

At least he would add depth with the potential for more (hopefully).

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #12
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Meh. The guy weighs 230 pounds. We already have SO many undersized LBs. I guess that's all we want. How did Chaun Thompson ever hook on with us? He weighs like 255!
Chris, I'm not sure why you say "so many"? We have one undersized LB, right?
Other than Adibi, I think every LB on the roster is at, or above 245 lbs. i guess you could argue that Chaun Thompson is the only LB that has the ideal size for SLB but Bentley, DRyans, Diles are all average sized or better for the Will or Mike... at least that is what I've been led to believe.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #13
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't Diles just short? He's pretty thick I believe.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #14
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I the only one who wouldn't want him? It's not a big deal if we do sign him, it's just that his whole career has been in Tampa 2. Not saying he couldn't learn the Texans' system, I'm just saying I am very skeptical.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #15
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 166327 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

now this is interesting....
would it be a bad thing to have a guy that went up against Manning in practice for four years...?
definitely worth a look and perhaps a reasonable contract...

...if he signs, do we still draft a OLB with that #15 pick??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #16
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 27616 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll be depth, at best I think. He really hasn't done masses at Tampa in regards to making game changing plays, his stats have been right down from his time at Indy. I guess I don't really see him as ever being a player who can help us over the hill, but I'm fine with him coming in here to provide some depth, and cover us in case of injuries.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #17
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point in his career he's quality depth for us. He'd probably be the second guy off the bench after KB.

He's probably going to want actual money though, since he's been a starter for so long.

I'd rather pass. The Texans should be looking to get bigger, not smaller.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #18
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Fact is the only LB on our roster who has the speed to cover Dallas Clark 2x a year is Adibi. Unfortunately, he wasn't healthy for a good portion of last season and that whole issue of not being able to put on weight due to illness for half the season scares the heck out of me. Cato June would be a nice insurance policy who best case would push Adibi for the starting WLB spot and worst case would be a nickel backer who would cover the opposing TE if Adibi got hurt.
Old 03-31-2009   #19
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
At this point in his career he's quality depth for us. He'd probably be the second guy off the bench after KB.

He's probably going to want actual money though, since he's been a starter for so long.

I'd rather pass. The Texans should be looking to get bigger, not smaller.
My thoughts exactly
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm surprised he's only been in the league 6 years.... I'd say go for it.

Any LB with 12 career INTs should be able to start on this team.

I don't know why it's not as big a topic here, but our LBs disappear in pass defense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read