Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-27-2009   #1
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Coast to Coast: Houston Texans

http://www.nfluk.com/features/c2cjag...9.html#pagetop

not great but its a texans article in the offseason so enjoy
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009   #2
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coast to Coast: Houston Texans

Quote:
Also surprised to see no mention of Houston DT Deljuan Robinson. I'll be honest, I had never heard of him until a poster here (olig23) brought him up in the 'players to watch for in 2009' thread. I checked PFF and they have him ranked quite high.

Doing some further research, I found out he was a highly rated DT coming out of high school, but it was discovered he had a heart problem and had to undergo open heart surgery during his freshman year at college.
Did not know that. Del-Rob was definately a good find.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009   #3
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been reviewing the games from last year and I'm almost done with the 3rd quarter of the season. Robinson was one of my favorites last year but upon further review I'm less impressed. I still have 5 more games to review so perhaps he comes on strong at the end of the year.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I've been reviewing the games from last year and I'm almost done with the 3rd quarter of the season. Robinson was one of my favorites last year but upon further review I'm less impressed. I still have 5 more games to review so perhaps he comes on strong at the end of the year.
iirc titans and bears games were his best games
Old 03-27-2009   #5
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice to see NFLUK.com getting a mention. Nick Halling is a great pundit btw and an absolute legend. I always find US punditry to be a little 'needy' whereas Halling is very honest about every team and spreads the love around, even if it isn't the 'in' thing to be saying.

For many years Nick Halling was calling AJ the NFL's 'best kept secret' and saying he was the best wideout in the league, long before it was fashionable to say that.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Best honest writeup Ive seen in a long time.
Old 03-28-2009   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He did but that is because of playing time, he was in spot duty at best for most of the year.
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2009   #8
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

That's a good article. I rarely read a whole article, I just skim through until something catches my interest. I actually read the whole thing. Thanks for the link.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #9
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Barrett, you'll become a fan again when you watch the Tennessee game... You'd better hurry though, I think game rewind expires on Tuesday!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #10
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

This is about as accurate an article as I've read about the Texans. One of my favorite lines:

Quote:
Vontae Leach is one of the better guards wearing a fullback's number.
Boy, I hope the author is wrong about this:
Quote:
Defensive coordinator Richard Smith (Denver 93-96, so he only overlapped with Kubiak one year) was replaced as coordinator by 'senior defensive assistant' Frank Bush (Denver 95-03, so he overlapped with Kubiak in all those years, and assistant secondary coach Ray Rhodes (Denver 01-02) becomes the new senior defensive assistant. This suggests the changes won't be immense.
Pleeeeaaase, let the changes be immense!!!!

Another statement I agree with 100%, but from the looks of things we didn't change:
Quote:
The problem is just what it was in Denver. They like small, quick linebackers, but for those guys to be effective they need to be protected by the defensive tackles, and they need to have the pass-rush come from the line.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Nice to see NFLUK.com getting a mention. Nick Halling is a great pundit btw and an absolute legend. I always find US punditry to be a little 'needy' whereas Halling is very honest about every team and spreads the love around, even if it isn't the 'in' thing to be saying.

For many years Nick Halling was calling AJ the NFL's 'best kept secret' and saying he was the best wideout in the league, long before it was fashionable to say that.

all recovered after last weekend are we? thank you stephen jones

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read