Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-25-2005   #101
TEAL CURTAIN
Rookie

The Texans' do have AFC south leading cheerleaders. I miss the Oilers and Jerry Glanville, where is he these days?
TEAL CURTAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #102
TEAL CURTAIN
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
I wonder what rule changes they're going to argue for now?
Every team they face next season has to wear Broncos' uniforms.
Old 01-25-2005   #103
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

They are also allowed to have 15 defenders so they can stack the box and double every receiver

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #104
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

oh and the patriots have to move to the nfc

- Edmund Burke
Old 01-25-2005   #105
TEAL CURTAIN
Rookie

The Colts' don't even deserve to be an NFL team, those Jack A***s haven't even upgraded the field to the newer turf grass, it's like playing on concrete, so their candy A** receivers can have the upper hand, until they play on a real field in the playoffs and get their A***s handed to them because they don't know what it's like playing outside.
Old 01-25-2005   #106
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAL CURTAIN
The Texans' do have AFC south leading cheerleaders. I miss the Oilers and Jerry Glanville, where is he these days?
Amen to the cheerleaders

However, you will be hard pressed to find anybody who misses the Oilers in this town!
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #107
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

dome teams are at a huge disavantage. Another thing that you need to win on the road in the playoffs is a good defense. You may strugle offensively in road playoff games, but you can take a good defense and win anywhere. They are screwed in both catagories- dome team, no defense.

- Edmund Burke
Sponsored links
Old 01-25-2005   #108
TEAL CURTAIN
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
Amen to the cheerleaders

However, you will be hard pressed to find anybody who misses the Oilers in this town!
No more LUV YA BLUE? Ok I miss Jerry Glanville, I wonder where he is now. Favorite Glanville game was wild card win over the Browns' in Cleveland, I think around 87' or so.
Old 01-25-2005   #109
TEAL CURTAIN
Rookie

Quote:
dome teams are at a huge disavantage. Another thing that you need to win on the road in the playoffs is a good defense. You may strugle offensively in road playoff games, but you can take a good defense and win anywhere. They are screwed in both catagories- dome team, no defense.
Agree 100 % but they can't seem to get it in ther heads that they can't afford a defense, they spent every penny on the offense. They remind me of the Air Coryell San Diego Chargers' and they will do no better, as far as the playoffs go.
Old 01-25-2005   #110
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

The only thing I miss about the Oilers is the history. It's kinda hard to lose your team and all its history and then have to start over from scratch. Oh well, just gotta look foward to the future and writing new history. Plus the oilers history was just filled with colossal let downs. They are still writing new chapters in tennesee- one yard away from a championship- ouch!

- Edmund Burke
Old 01-25-2005   #111
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

The cheifs are another example of a great offense/no defense and how far did they drop this year. I swear if Peyton ever slips in the slightest they are in for a world of hurt.

- Edmund Burke
Old 01-25-2005   #112
TEAL CURTAIN
Rookie

Quote:
The only thing I miss about the Oilers is the history. It's kinda hard to lose your team and all its history and then have to start over from scratch. Oh well, just gotta look foward to the future and writing new history. Plus the oilers history was just filled with colossal let downs. They are still writing new chapters in tennesee- one yard away from a championship- ouch!
Yeah "The Longest Yard" but I don't know those weren't the true Oilers, know what I mean? Like the St. Louis Rams?, or the Arizona Cardinals? Wish teams could change names to fit. Look how Tennessee changed to the Titans. Yeah most colossal Oiler let down for me obviously was the blown 35-3 lead over Buffalo in early 90's playoff game.
Old 01-25-2005   #113
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAL CURTAIN
Yeah "The Longest Yard" but I don't know those weren't the true Oilers, know what I mean? Like the St. Louis Rams?, or the Arizona Cardinals? Wish teams could change names to fit. Look how Tennessee changed to the Titans. Yeah most colossal Oiler let down for me obviously was the blown 35-3 lead over Buffalo in early 90's playoff game.
yeah, mentaly blocked that one out, too painful. I swear I didn't watch one game the next season. Man it took awhile to get over that one. Ruined my dream of a all texas shoutout superbowl.

- Edmund Burke
Old 01-25-2005   #114
TEAL CURTAIN
Rookie

Quote:
yeah, mentaly blocked that one out, too painful. I swear I didn't watch one game the next season. Man it took awhile to get over that one. Ruined my dream of a all texas shoutout superbowl.
Yeah it must have been hard to not remember that game. But on the bright side the Bills' went on to lose 4 super bowls in a row! I remember Warren Moon shown on the sidelines slamming his cup of gatorade to the ground in disgust during that Bills game. I felt sorry for Moon he deserved to get to a super bowl, and I was sure he was going to get there, but as we've already discussed the Oilers of then didn't have the D. to get them there like air Coryell's Chargers, and now the Colts'.
Old 01-26-2005   #115
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah yall are right the colts will never win a SB with the way their team is set up now. A high powered offense and a very bad defense, except freeny he's a good player !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #116
ColtX
Rookie

That's funny, now Jag fans are siding with Texan fans to bust on the Colts.
I guess looking up at the Colts is tough and you have to stick together.

Again no one can dispute the facts that I have stated.
Colts scoreboard, and it will stay that way until next year.
Yeah Manning choked but he and the Colts still played TWO more than the Texans and the Jags. Deal with it.

FILO Girl said I was "hatin on us" . No, I have been polite and have not attacked anyone (or called them a troll).
I did tell some of you to get over yourself because not only were you bashing other teams (which is fine) but you attacked other cities, their fans' intellingence and their discussion boards.
Get a grip.
Don't worry I won't be back here ever.
ColtX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #117
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually thought the Colts would beat the Pats and advance to the SB this year. I think it's imperative when you are a Dome team that you secure the home field advantage. I suppose in retrospect I underestimated the Patriots because I don't care for them much but to me if the Colts had played at home it might have been different. They just can't seem to get over the NE hump.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #118
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtX
That's funny, now Jag fans are siding with Texan fans to bust on the Colts.
I guess looking up at the Colts is tough and you have to stick together.

Again no one can dispute the facts that I have stated.
Colts scoreboard, and it will stay that way until next year.
Yeah Manning choked but he and the Colts still played TWO more than the Texans and the Jags. Deal with it.

FILO Girl said I was "hatin on us" . No, I have been polite and have not attacked anyone (or called them a troll).
I did tell some of you to get over yourself because not only were you bashing other teams (which is fine) but you attacked other cities, their fans' intellingence and their discussion boards.
Get a grip.

called us trolls ? i hope not, wouldnt we have to be trolling on your teams board in order to be considered a troll ?
Old 01-26-2005   #119
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtX
you attacked other cities, their fans' intellingence and their discussion boards.

when did we attack another city, or its fans.. and most of us here on this board dont go over to otherboards, and talk a bunch of stuff... like you are doing now, we do it on our own board maybe, but not yours...
oh and you wont be back ever??? kinda like the colts and the playoffs, huh? thank god
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #120
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

[quote=oh and you wont be back ever??? kinda like the colts and the playoffs, huh? thank god[/QUOTE]

haha very true

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read