Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-18-2005   #1
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected
Arrow Philly Weather

Local weather up here said there is a good chance of a major snowstorm starting Sat night and becomming what we call a Nor'easter on Sunday. Snow and high winds all day Sunday. May get a foot of snow from Philly to Boston if everything comes together. Still to early to call, but the cold air is here (9 outside my place as I type this) Depends if a low forms off the coast. Pitts. may also get snow Sunday.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #2
Boxscore
All Pro

Looks like there will indeed be some inclement weather. Inclement weather will favor the running game. Vick should be a favorite in the event of weather, however McNabb who has looked bad in NFC championship games, may come out and prove to all that he can actually achieve to get to the Super bowl.

Philly playoff forecast
Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #3
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

This thing might form too far out in the ocean to be really bad, but they still don't know for sure. It will snow Sat., and if the storm is close to land, we have something big. Will have wind no matter where it goes. Us old Eagle fans always thing the worst. Hope this goes out to sea, getting to old for big snow
Old 01-20-2005   #4
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Don't they study these things from every angle, and still get it wrong:
http://www.wunderground.com/auto/jfl...ladelphia.html

Like they say at the bottom .."Best viewed two hours before game time."
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005   #5
KeithBulluck53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35
Local weather up here said there is a good chance of a major snowstorm starting Sat night and becomming what we call a Nor'easter on Sunday. Snow and high winds all day Sunday. May get a foot of snow from Philly to Boston if everything comes together. Still to early to call, but the cold air is here (9 outside my place as I type this) Depends if a low forms off the coast. Pitts. may also get snow Sunday.
Im sorry but a blizzard is a lot more then a snow storm sassy texan you can't play in a blizzard where are you playing, Canada?
KeithBulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005   #6
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBulluck53
Im sorry but a blizzard is a lot more then a snow storm sassy texan you can't play in a blizzard where are you playing, Canada?
Huh?? .. ..
Old 01-20-2005   #7
KeithBulluck53
Rookie

we have to stop letting 12 year olds on these boards (sassytexan)lol
Sponsored links
Old 01-22-2005   #8
Boxscore
All Pro

It is snowing at the rate of two inches an hour in Philadelphia (1:30 PM saturday). The field is covered but can you imagine what a chore it will be to clear 18 predicted inches of snow out of the stadiums seats, aisles, etc. Not to mention getting the snow off of the roadways and parking lots!

Philly radar loop

Last edited by Boxscore; 01-22-2005 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2005   #9
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

field will be cleared by gametime.
Old 01-22-2005   #10
Boxscore
All Pro

As I stated, the field is covered, not by snow but with a tarp. The snow is already being cleared from the stands. The snow is blown into chutes which carries the snow down to the field level where it is melted and trucked away by water truck.

At game time it is expected to be 25 degrees with sustained wind at 25 mph with possible gusts up to 50 mph.
Old 01-22-2005   #11
Jon Moxon
Rookie

We are feeling the wrath of this storm here in Boston, it started snowing about 2 hrs ago and already it is a mess.
Jon Moxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005   #12
MIGHTYTEX
Veteran

I live 80 miles west of Philly and it has stopped snowing here around 4 pm on Sat. We got about 7 inches here. The storm moved faster than they thought it would so we aren't gonna get what they were calling for.
Old 01-22-2005   #13
Boxscore
All Pro

Quote:
jgl35, Good call early in the week when you started this post. This storm is now called the "Blizzard of 2005" by the news folks.
Old 01-23-2005   #14
jgl35
Site Contributor

This storm started earlier then they thought. Started snowing at 10 am yesterday and more or less quit about 7pm. 11ins. yesterday and another in. or so over night. I live in West Chester, Pa. Central Jersey a foot to almost 2 feet. Still snowing over there now the news said. New England is really getting hammered. Three feet in someplaces in Mass. and N.H. Side note. The Eagles have 750 people in the Linc overnight to clean out the seating area along with the normal work force. Things should be in good shape, but the wind will be 35plus during the game. By the 4qr. wind chill in -10 area.
Old 01-23-2005   #15
dan7
Veteran

Post Blizzard Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35
Things should be in good shape, but the wind will be 35plus during the game. By the 4qr. wind chill in -10 area.

Way too cold for my taste.....
Old 01-23-2005   #16
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan7
Way too cold for my taste.....
I'll second that. The national media guys must be having the time of their lives in that weather.
Old 01-25-2005   #17
KeithBulluck53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
I'll second that. The national media guys must be having the time of their lives in that weather.
how old are you 10? lol

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read