Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 03-25-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Students learn about healthy eating and fitness from Texans' mascot

Quote:
The students of Mission Valley Elementary cheered with excitement when Toro rode in on his Segway.

The Houston Texans mascot parked his Segway and ran around the cafeteria.

He picked out students and teachers to join him in a few exercises.

"We want to teach students the importance of fitness and health," Jonathan Frost, mascot coordinator, said.

"Toro's Training Table" program is in its second year. He has attended many schools in Houston to teach students about eating right and exercising, Frost said.

"This was a reminder for me about the foods I should and shouldn't be eating," fifth-grader Dylan Ohrt said.

The students heard from some of Toro's friends via teleconference. Texans cheerleaders, place kicker Kris Brown and defensive end Mario Williams spoke to the students about healthy eating and exercise.

"Always drink lots of water and make sure to have breakfast," Williams said.

The official voice of the Texans, Marc Vandermeer, spoke to the students and helped Toro, since the mascot cannot speak.
http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news...ry/437866.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009   #2
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Students learn about healthy eating and fitness from Texans' mascot

Ha, gotta love those hometown stories.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009   #3
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The official voice of the Texans, Marc Vandermeer, spoke to the students and helped Toro, since the mascot cannot speak.
Haha, thats brilliant. My quote of the day.

I wish Toro had taught me nutrition when I was at school...
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Students learn about healthy eating and fitness from Texans' mascot

My wife used to do that, and I believe was a part of the video presentation for several years
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #5
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Did Toro bring a six pack and a slab of ribs?
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

So .... let me get this straight. This was one of those ad campaigns? Beef - it's what's for dinner.

I mean, if a steer came to tell me about eating .....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read