Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-25-2009   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My sports life may be coming to an end

I am a homer when it comes to sports. I have historically watched and rooted for Houston teams at pro and college levels and have been slightly rabid when Oiler or Rockets were playing. I seldom watch other teams unless game had major effect on the Houston team. I was a very vocal fan when Oilers were winning one or two games a season and wanted to scream at Bud Adams moving the team.

I have lost interest in Astros regardless of how many winning seasons. They just do not play inspired ball for half of the season and then come roaring back at end of season to get my hopes up. I don't even follow in paper anymore. The Houston Cougars hold my interest for now but have done nothing for years. I still have a solid interest in Longhorns.

When the Rockets acquired Artest I was very hopeful and was stunned as I watched the team pull out a W against San Antonio and then to lose again to Utah! Well, this may be my last season to watch that team. I am not into soccer or hockey.

Texans. Man I was so pumped when Htown got another chance at NFL. We got a "franchise type" QB in David Carr and each of us have an opinion about that. So many years and really not much to show. As always I am pumped for the draft but this is the year that the team needs to take a big step forward. I will be dissed by some as not being a true fan but I find I have other things I can do on game day regardless of the sport. I guess I want the peaks and the valleys to level out some. So..

This needs to be a really good year for the Texans. Sorry for the rant but guess I just needed to vent to some that might understand.
Old 03-25-2009   #2
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My sports life may be coming to an end

For a second I thought you were going to announce that you were getting married or something.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #3
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

okay, and this has to do with your sports life "coming to an end" how?..

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #4
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Venting is what these boards are for. I understand how you feel, I think most Texan fans have felt that way one time or another. Just imagine how good it's going to feel when the Texans have their first winning season this year! Stay true my friend, good things are ahead.
Old 03-25-2009   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 251997 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The only sport I follow is pro football, and the only reason I follow pro football is Houston has a team again. I couldn't care less about the Astros, Rockets, or whoever else is in town, only football will hold my interest over time. I'm sorta in the same boat as badboy, but I will not quit watching the Texans. Even they became so horrible they were worse off than Detroit, I'd still watch them. I'd just be a bit more cranky.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #6
Polo

Occasionally doing other things on gameday and not getting completely emotionally involved by an event that you don't have any control over is probably a good thing to do.

Just take a break from it man...Don't completely walk away...
Old 03-25-2009   #7
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay sorry but why would your sports life be coming to an end?

If you dont enjoy watching the sports, then dont.

The ups and downs is just part of being a sports fan, especially a Houston sports fan.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2009   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Every sports team has it's ups and downs. It's the way of sports. If you want every team you root for to be perfect and/or give it they're all you'll probably a sports fan without a team because I doubt any team is like this (even the best ones).

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #9
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Too many babies on this board. Dude, chill. I read a study that said the average sports fan experiences only 1-2 championships in their lifetime. And if you're a dedicated Houston fan since '93, you've already met that quota with the Rockets titles. Look we all want Houston teams to win it every year. And sometimes our hearts have been shattered in disappointment. But holding out for that one moment of glory is all the more worth it. </end cheesey lame disney movie rant>
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
For a second I thought you were going to announce that you were getting married or something.
I thought that too LOL
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Too many babies on this board. Dude, chill. I read a study that said the average sports fan experiences only 1-2 championships in their lifetime. And if you're a dedicated Houston fan since '93, you've already met that quota with the Rockets titles. Look we all want Houston teams to win it every year. And sometimes our hearts have been shattered in disappointment. But holding out for that one moment of glory is all the more worth it. </end cheesey lame disney movie rant>
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Most who know me understand it is not about wins and losses but good play. With Texans that has been a roller coaster. I guess it is just a down day and the week before the draft I'll get pumped again. Married? Nope only to a woman who enjoys what I do.
Old 03-25-2009   #13
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just stick with it man. Times are tough now, but it'll all be worth it when your teams start winning. (It will happen)

Walk away now, sure. But if the Texans are playing an AFC championship game at Reliant (sometime)to go to the SuperBowl, tell me you won't give an arm and a leg to be there no matter how long you've been away.

You've probably experienced the Rockets 2 titles, the 1st World Series even in Texas, and you got a UT national championship. It's not all bad. Other fans in other cities are much worse than Houston.

Last edited by RTP2110; 03-25-2009 at 05:16 PM.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I am a homer when it comes to sports. I have historically watched and rooted for Houston teams at pro and college levels and have been slightly rabid when Oiler or Rockets were playing. I seldom watch other teams unless game had major effect on the Houston team. I was a very vocal fan when Oilers were winning one or two games a season and wanted to scream at Bud Adams moving the team.

I have lost interest in Astros regardless of how many winning seasons. They just do not play inspired ball for half of the season and then come roaring back at end of season to get my hopes up. I don't even follow in paper anymore. The Houston Cougars hold my interest for now but have done nothing for years. I still have a solid interest in Longhorns.

When the Rockets acquired Artest I was very hopeful and was stunned as I watched the team pull out a W against San Antonio and then to lose again to Utah! Well, this may be my last season to watch that team. I am not into soccer or hockey.

Texans. Man I was so pumped when Htown got another chance at NFL. We got a "franchise type" QB in David Carr and each of us have an opinion about that. So many years and really not much to show. As always I am pumped for the draft but this is the year that the team needs to take a big step forward. I will be dissed by some as not being a true fan but I find I have other things I can do on game day regardless of the sport. I guess I want the peaks and the valleys to level out some. So..

This needs to be a really good year for the Texans. Sorry for the rant but guess I just needed to vent to some that might understand.

Haven't you got your insurance settlement for "Badboy" yet??
Old 03-25-2009   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

HAH!!
I say again, Hah! and double HAH!

You're only experiencing pseudo-frustration.

To experience real frustration you must play golf.

Come see me when you've hit the water or the sand for the fourth hole in a row. ...or you've busted into your 2nd sleeve of balls on the day ...or the third.
Let me know how you feel when you've spend $100s on new clubs or lessons only to suck more after the expenditure than before...
Talk to me when you're with your buds and you're the only one to reach the green on a Par 5 in two only to four-putt.

At least with the Astros/Rockets/Texans you can gripe about someone else.
With golf its just you.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
HAH!!

Come see me when you've hit the water or the sand for the fourth hole in a row. ...or you've busted into your 2nd sleeve of balls on the day ...or the third.
Let me know how you feel when you've spend $100s on new clubs or lessons only to suck more after the expenditure than before...
Talk to me when you're with your buds and you're the only one to reach the green on a Par 5 in two only to four-putt.

With golf its just you.
well i have changed "sports "on my end beer drinking sport with still a side of golf
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

seems like u like watching college football IMO its ok alot of people are like that

anywayz why did u give up on houston teams?????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #18
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
HAH!!

With golf its just you.
I feel your pain. and then to have that woman hit that hole in one on her first shot ever... it just brews a certain kind of hate in you that... just echos in every fiber of your body.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Believe-it-or-don-t-Golfer-hits-hole-in-one-on-?urn=golf,148276
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #19
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am very greatfull to be born in such a great sports town. We diss and wine all the time about houston sports but truth is we could be in Oklahoma, or deleware, or south dakota......or even canada. Sports are a privellige, one that the US is full of and thus waters down the enthusiasm, be happy, find the beauty in games and players(people)..... Challenge yourself to learn new things about your favorite sports daily and itll never get old I dont care how many championships you hav'nt won.

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #20
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
HAH!!

With golf its just you.
Great post, I play at herman park weekly. I swing the clubs up at Herman with this guy....

He's got game too, he is up there almost everyday. One of my YMCA kids introduced me to him, he(the kid) shoots sub 70 so of course scarface has played with him....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read