Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-18-2005   #1
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Conference Championships

Sunday, 3 p.m. ET on FOX

The Eagles have been in this position before. The last three years, in fact. This time, however, Philadelphia hopes to get it right after losing three straight NFC championship games, the last two at home.

http://www.nfl.com/partners/aol?http://www.nfl.com/

I will pick The Pats and Falcons for the Super Bowl.
Old 01-18-2005   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as it's not the Steelers, I don't care.

I'll stick with my original pick! EAGLES will do it right this year!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #3
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Bet the game between the Steelers and Patriots will be a good one and probably close one too. They pretty much play the same game.. run, run.
Eagles and the Vicks ?? .. I don't have a clue on that one.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #4
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Falcons

v

Patriots

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #5
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Falcons

v

Patriots

The All Away Team Bowl.

Chances are, either Pats, or Falcons are going to lose. I doubt both, but I'll bet my kidney 1 does.

Which one I got no clue. I hope it's the pats (hugs Mikey)
Old 01-19-2005   #6
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Put me down for the Falcs vs. the Pats, with the Pats winning. These conference games are gonna be alot of fun to watch this weekend, I can't wait.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #7
H-TownRules
Veteran

Battle of Pensylvania

Eagles V. Steelers
Old 01-21-2005   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Good tidbits on 1st Patiots v. Steelers match-up:

Quote:
New England's loss to Pittsburgh was a day in which the wheels literally fell of the 21-game win-streak wagon. The Patriots played without their best runner (Dillon), best receiver (Deion Branch), top fullback (Patrick Pass) and starting offensive tackle (Tom Ashworth). Ty Law was lost for the game, and the season, in the first quarter. New England’s other starting offensive tackle, Matt Light, went down, too.
Link

More on the OL troubles that game:

Quote:
Left tackle Matt Light got knocked on the head, so RT Brandon Gorin had to go to the left side, which he'd never played, and Gorin was starting only because the regular RT, Tom Ashworth, had been lost the week before. Which meant that a guard had to go to tackle and a guy who hadn't played had to fill in at guard, and you just don't get away with that against the Steelers' rush.
Link

Funny how Brady didn't look like Brady that day with no-OL--4 picks. Hmmm, wonder if that applies to other QB's too?
Old 01-21-2005   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think I'll go with the Steelers and the Falcons in the SB.

As much as I want to believe that the Patriots loss to the Steelers was a one time fluke, I can't because there's that nagging voice in the back of my head reminding me that the Steelers rushed for well over 200 yards against the Patriots D. Seymour might not be on the field in the Championship game, and Bellicheck's creative defensive fronts won't be as effective against a tough and physical running attack. If he wants to show a front with no DLineman and 7LBs and 4 DBs then Pittsburgh will just run over them. It's a tough call, but I feel that when a team continues to hit you in the mouth over and over and over again that eventually it wears on you, and breaks you and your team down.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #10
BaLou
Rookie

Eagles / Patriots with the Patriots winning it again. They are just too solid on both sides of the ball.

Last edited by BaLou; 01-21-2005 at 12:50 PM.
BaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #11
BaLou
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
Put me down for the Falcs vs. the Pats, with the Pats winning. These conference games are gonna be alot of fun to watch this weekend, I can't wait.
I agree. The NFL's best teams are there this year.
BaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #12
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Old 01-21-2005   #13
KeithBulluck53
Rookie

[size=5]falcons
Vs.
Steelers
Winner Falcons Vick Mvp
KeithBulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #14
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

OMG that pic was so funny

Falcons run all over the eagles with Duckett...
Old 01-21-2005   #15
Boxscore
All Pro

Weather may be a factor in Philly. Philly will get some heavy snow tomorrow followed by windy conditions and temperatures in the teens at game time with around 0 wind chill. The snow will not be a factor as the field is covered and the snowfall will be diminished by game time.

Having been born in Philadelphia and raised in the suburb of Bucks County, I just can't imagine the Eagles losing a fourth straight. The sports gods can't be that cruel. However taking away the sports gods, the Eagles will be able to focus on stopping the Falcon run game. The Eagle secondary is the best in the NFC so I don't think Vick will be able to beat them in the passing game especially given the expected weather conditions. On the other hand, the Eagles rely on the passing game so it may be up for coach Reid to make some late adjustments to the offensive game plan to put more of a running game into the plan of attack.

It will be important for the Eagles to get a lead and protect it rather then give the lead to the Falcons and let them control the clock.

Last edited by Boxscore; 01-21-2005 at 08:26 PM.
Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005   #16
MIGHTYTEX
Veteran

I'm saying hailmary's tonight hoping the Falcons beat the Eagles. I live in PA and I hate the Eagles fans around here. As for the Pats/Steelers I'm kind of hoping the Steelers go all the way so it will make the victory over them next season that much sweeter!!
Old 01-22-2005   #17
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Funny how Brady didn't look like Brady that day with no-OL--4 picks. Hmmm, wonder if that applies to other QB's too?
Naaa. I really don't see the 'bad playcalling' crowd being capable of making that type of connection.

Steelers/Patriots - gotta go with the Patriots. To me, betting against a team that has won 7 consecutive playoff games, the last two Super Bowls, and playing with an attitude as if they've never won one, is a sucker's bet. This game is a no-brainer to me.

Eagles/Falcons - that one could go either way, depending on the start. If Philly gets an early lead, and contain Vick early, and get the crowd into it, the Eagles will kill them. But if the Falcons get an early TD, the Eagles will panic with "oh no, here we go again" thoughts. This game will be won or lost in the 1st quarter for both teams.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005   #18
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

My official SB prediction is....
Pats-27
Falcons-12
JacksonvilleJaguar4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read