Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-23-2009   #1
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans sign Shaun Cody

http://www.freep.com/article/2009032...s+with+Houston

Not bad.
Old 03-23-2009   #2
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We signed DT Shaun Cody- Espn reports

Just saw it on a ticker, reported by John Clayton to be a 3yr deal. no other details.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009   #3
PMSTRIKER
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 PMSTRIKER was voted MVPPMSTRIKER was voted MVPPMSTRIKER was voted MVPPMSTRIKER was voted MVP
Default Texans reach three yr agreement with Shaun Cody (Our new NT)

This adds depth to our dline. And he will eventually replace travis johnson

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4008922
PMSTRIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009   #4
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans reach three yr agreement with Shaun Cody (Our new NT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSTRIKER View Post

You beat me by 10 seconds.
Old 03-23-2009   #5
Polo

Eventually?

I'm thinking he might get that spot before the first game...

T.J better be eating his wheaties.
Old 03-23-2009   #6
PMSTRIKER
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 PMSTRIKER was voted MVPPMSTRIKER was voted MVPPMSTRIKER was voted MVPPMSTRIKER was voted MVP

yeah either way i hope this guy becomes an integral part of our d-line and occupies two blockers.
I heard that Demeco was roughed up last year because he had to take on too many blocks. Now with a big body in front of him it should maximize his potential.Scary!!!
Old 03-23-2009   #7
Polo

Quote:
Now with a big body in front of him it should maximize his potential.Scary!!!
Actually I don't think he's a whole lot bigger than the DT's we have...

Quote:
Under new coach Jim Schwartz, the Lions want to get bigger. Cody is listed at 6-feet-4 and 310 pounds. He played 91 games for the Lions. He had 1.5 sacks, all during his rookie season.
http://www.freep.com/article/2009032...s+with+Houston

Last edited by Polo; 03-23-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2009   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow! It's a good thing our infamous Chronical sports writers informed everybody that we had interest in this guy.

I'm going to do a little more research on this fella before commenting.
Old 03-23-2009   #10
PMSTRIKER
Rookie

Yeah but how much bigger can you get...
the guy is 310+ lbs. Do you want 7ft. 400 lbs guys. That is why the lions are losers. Now instead of taking stafford I hear they want Smith so he can protect Daunte Culpepper?
Old 03-23-2009   #11
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Texans sign Shaun Cody

Anyone know anything about this guy. The fan comments from the Detriot news link aren't that great at all. I hope we got him on the cheap.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009   #12
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Yeah but how much bigger can you get...
the guy is 310+ lbs. Do you want 7ft. 400 lbs guys. That is why the lions are losers. Now instead of taking stafford I hear they want Smith so he can protect Daunte Culpepper?
They still might go get Cutler with that 20th pick they have from Dallas.
Old 03-23-2009   #13
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Actually I don't think he's a whole lot bigger than the DT's we have...
I wanna say Okam is around 325. Big boy.
Old 03-23-2009   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Anyone know anything about this guy. The fan comments from the Detriot news link aren't that great at all. I hope we got him on the cheap.
They say he is pretty good at penetrating vs the run. He's not a wide body, probably more compairable to Okoye then a NT, but he's depth.
Old 03-23-2009   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, that's a little worrisome. But the Detroit fans probably don't like any body on that team right now. Don't see a lot of history from this guy that impresses me.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009   #16
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They just went 0-16. Not a lot of fans are going to be sad about marginal starters from that team leaving... That doesn't mean he won't be productive here. All I know about him is that he was a 2nd round draft pick from USC who is a good athlete and a little over 300 lbs. I think he had some toe injuries early in his career.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009   #17
RipTraxx
Free Agent

This seems more and more w/ going LB (Matthews) in the Draft.
Old 03-23-2009   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Reading the comments, not sure many were impressed. I have no feeling on this except...what has he done?
Old 03-23-2009   #19
PMSTRIKER
Rookie

From fans of detroit they said he was not worth even a 5th rounder so I don't know. I heardhe has only 1.5 career sacks
Old 03-23-2009   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
This seems more and more w/ going LB (Matthews) in the Draft.
How would this have anything to do with Mathews and how does it point towards us taking him?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read