Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: What should the Texans address with their #13 pick in the 2005 Draft.
Defensive End 5 26.32%
Defensive Tackle 5 26.32%
Offensive Tackle 1 5.26%
Offensive Guard 3 15.79%
Tight End 4 21.05%
Running Back 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2005   #1
Joeymousepad
Rookie

Default Draft Priorities

Through reading mostly every opinion on this message board I think the priorities are unclear so I think we should have another poll. Last time we had one barely anyone did it and before that it was the first one of the season so what do you guys think now?

Last edited by Joeymousepad; 01-17-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Joeymousepad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

You might want to include all or at least more positions. Center is certainly a need although there may not be one worth the #13 pick. CB could easily end up being #13 if Antrelle Rolle slid. In any event, folks that identify the top 8 "needs" and expect the Texans to draft players in that order always end up dissappointed.
Old 01-17-2005   #3
AndreJ
All Pro

Yeah, you might want to limit the choices more like O Lineman, D Lineman so you could add Linebackers and CB's etc...
Old 01-17-2005   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
You might want to include all or at least more positions. Center is certainly a need although there may not be one worth the #13 pick. CB could easily end up being #13 if Antrelle Rolle slid. In any event, folks that identify the top 8 "needs" and expect the Texans to draft players in that order always end up dissappointed.
of course, people will suffer memory lapses when you suggest that

WR- 2003
CB-2004

were rarely at the top of anyone's need list before those drafts.

ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005   #5
tiger06
Veteran

I'm hoping we draft Marcus Spears or Heath Miller, unless somehow Rolle or D. Johnson falls to us. Pac-man Jones could also be an option.
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

2002 #1 need Texans addressed QB, 2003 #1 need was RB (was supposed to be Willis McGahee, torn ACL) selected WR, 2004 OLB, the reason the Texans where willing to trade up for Babin, 2005 is the year to invest in the protection of David Carr (needs & deserves) & the running lanes for Dominack Davis.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #7
Joeymousepad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Well this survey is without trading down. Just what should we get with the 13th pick. Plus I was un aware of how old Aaron Glenn is but if we need to replace him then we might get a CB. Although it goes without saying that wed get Rolle IF he slid that far.
Old 01-18-2005   #8
Joeymousepad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
Yeah, you might want to limit the choices more like O Lineman, D Lineman so you could add Linebackers and CB's etc...
I thought about that but I just thought that I'd only address the main concerns and I didn't feel that LB or DB were important. Plus DL and OL are too general, because some want Spears some want hawthorne, some want Elton, and some want Jammal.
Old 01-18-2005   #9
Joeymousepad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
2002 #1 need Texans addressed QB, 2003 #1 need was RB (was supposed to be Willis McGahee, torn ACL) selected WR, 2004 OLB, the reason the Texans where willing to trade up for Babin, 2005 is the year to invest in the protection of David Carr (needs & deserves) & the running lanes for Dominack Davis.
I agree whole heartedly. You took the words right out of my mouth you word-burglur. Lol
Old 01-18-2005   #10
Joeymousepad
Rookie

Don't forget Beerlover we mostly addressed CB in 2004.
Old 01-18-2005   #11
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

I think a quality tight end that can block and catch is essential, it will give Carr another valve to throw to instead of Davis. and will help with run blocking. Either Joppru has to prove he is healthy, we sign a Bubba Franks, or we get one of the top 3 TE's in the draft. Heath Miller, Kevin Everrett, or Alex Smith.

Thats the only position that can help balance out the offense, free Davis from getting so many touches per game, and help in pass and run blocking schemes.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #12
Joeymousepad
Rookie

Very true but I think we can get it in the 2nd round but the OL or DL should be taken in the 1st.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read