Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-20-2009   #761
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Someone should start another mock. Let's see if we can finish another 7 rounds in 5 days! JOKING

Seriously though, should we start a draft grade thread???
I think when we do do that... we should have each team with their corresponding players listed, then during/after the Draft... we should put where the player was really selected. That would be interesting! And MAY help with the grades.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #762
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys pick Stryker Sulak DE 6-5, 251 Missouri
Old 04-20-2009   #763
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 211th pick in the NFL draft the NY Jets select Dan Gronkowski TE Maryland.

Gronkowski is a great blockin TE and will make a great bookend to Dustin Keller.

He has 4.70 40 speed which is good enough to get open & be a saftey valve for Clemens.

At 6'6 & 255lbs Gronkowski will also be an attractive red zone target for Clemens.

Blocking is his forte. He is ued to playing with his hand in the dirt, unlike alot of spread attack TE's.

Players considered

Rylan Reed- He's going to overcome his injuries and be a steal for someone.
John Phillips- A goood blocker with good hands. Not as good a blocker as Gronkowski. followed in Heath Millers shoes at Virginia.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #764
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 212th pick the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select... Jerraud Powers, CB, Auburn.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #765
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The 7th Round:

193 Dallas (from Detroit) - Stephen Mcgee, QB, Texas A&M
194 St. Louis - Daniel Holtzclaw, MLB, Eastern Michigan
195 Kansas City - Ray Feinga, OG, BYU
196 Seattle - Phillip Hunt, DE, Houston
197 Miami (from Cleveland) - Richard Quinn, TE, North Carolina
198 Cincinnati - Morgan Trent, CB, Michigan
199 Oakland - Ashlee Palmer, OLB, Ole Miss
200 Tampa Bay (from Jacksonville) - Terrance Knighton, DT, Temple
201 Green Bay - Jaimie Thomas, OG, Maryland
202 San Francisco - Glen Coffee, RB, Alabama
203 Buffalo - Marlon Favorite, DT, LSU
204 Minnesota (from Washington) - Jose Valdez, OT, Arkansas
205 New Orleans -Anthony Parker, OG, Tennessee
206 Houston - Chris Clemons, SS, Clemson
207 San Diego - Austin Collie, WR, BYU
208 Denver - Graham Harrell, QB, Texas Tech
209 Pittsburgh (from Tampa Bay) - Ryan Purvis, TE, Boston College
210 Dallas - Stryker Sulak, DE, Missouri
211 N.Y. Jets - Dan Gronkowski, TE, Maryland
212 Tampa Bay (from Chicago) - Jerraud Powers, CB, Auburn
213 Philadelphia - Edwin Williams, C, Maryland
214 Minnesota - Michael Bennett, DE, Texas A&M
215 Miami - C.J. Spillman, S, Marshall
216 Tampa Bay (from Baltimore) - Ian Campbell, DE, Kansas State

217 New England - rmartin65
218 Denver (from Atlanta) - Kaiser Toro
219 Indianapolis - Lork88
220 Miami (from Carolina)
221 N.Y. Giants - Lork88
222 Tennessee
223 Arizona - jgl35
224 Pittsburgh - Ole Miss Texan

Last edited by JCTexan; 04-20-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-20-2009   #766
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 146812 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
With the 212th pick the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select... Jerraud Powers, CB, Auburn.
I can't believe this guy stayed on the board so long.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #767
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I can't believe this guy stayed on the board so long.
I was about to say that too. Has anyone hit up cbssportsline yet? I think I'm officially addicted to it.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-20-2009   #768
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 213th overall pick, the Eagle select...

Edwin Williams - C

At 6'3" 315-Lbs, Williams is a big Center who could also play Guard at the next level and adds depth to the OL. Played at Maryland which has a strong conditioning and training program and is IMO the BPA.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #769
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I was about to say that too. Has anyone hit up cbssportsline yet? I think I'm officially addicted to it.
I've been using it the whole time. It's great having all those prospects to rank and compare. I used their top 200 in a spreadsheet to keep track of who had been picked.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #770
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.drafttek.com/round12009.asp

This is pretty funny , they have Miami taking

1. Darius Butler
2. Kenny Britt
3. Paul Kruger
4. Jasper Brinkley

I have Miami taking

1. Darius Butler
2. Brian Robiskie
3. Paul Kruger
4. Jasper Brinkley
Old 04-20-2009   #771
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Via PM from The Pencil Neck the Minnesota Vikings select.. Michael Bennett, DE, Texas A&M
Old 04-20-2009   #772
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

The Miami Dolphins take C.J. Spillman Safety Marshall
Old 04-20-2009   #773
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Ten more to go lol. Reminds me of the egg scene in Kool Hand Luke.
Old 04-20-2009   #774
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Ten more to go lol. Reminds me of the egg scene in Kool Hand Luke.
Ole Miss Texan get's to close the party .
Old 04-20-2009   #775
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Tampa Bay Buccaneers select... Ian Campbell, DE, Kansas State
Old 04-20-2009   #776
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you did a gereat job Earl. I always remember how hard it is to finish one of these. That's why I'm pretty cautious before I wade in. Thank you for a great effort Earl.
Old 04-20-2009   #777
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

7 more picks to go

Finishing a mock draft by board members only will be a first.

Great job
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009   #778
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

All current picks have been added to the selection thread below.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59395

Only 8 more to go.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009   #779
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

The New England Patriots select Everette Pendescleaux, DE, from Northern Iowa.

Alot of you guys might not know who this guy is. 6'6", 305 lbs, he is a perfect 3-4 end. Runs in the 4.9 range, had 62 tackles, 11.5 behind the lines, and 6.5 sacks. Great fit for the Patriots, and provides depth for the DLine.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009   #780
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I guess my work here is done

23) ILB James Laurinaitis, Ohio State
34) OLB Connor Barwin, Cincinnati
47) CB Jairus Byrd, Oregon
58) TE James Casey, Rice
89) OG Trevor Canfield, Cincinnati
120) FS Sherrod Martin, Troy
186) RB Ian Johnson, Boise State
217) DE Everette Pendescleaux, Northern Iowa
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read