Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-12-2009   #681
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Sixth round:

161 Detroit - Jeremiah Johnson, RB, Oregon.
162 Kansas City - Kory Sheets, RB, Purdue
163 St. Louis - Patrick Turner, WR, USC
164 Cleveland - Kevin Ogletree, WR, Virginia
165 Seattle - Dannell Ellerbe, ILB, Georgia
166 Cincinnati - Quinn Johnson, FB, LSU
167 Jacksonville - Curtis Painter, QB, Purdue
168 Oakland - Lydon Murtha, OT, Nebraska
169 Green Bay - Captain Munnerlyn, CB, South Carolina
170 Buffalo - Vance Walker, DT, Georgia Tech
171 San Francisco - Robert Brewster, OT, Ball State
172 Denver - Quan Cosby, WR, Texas
173 Washington - Julius Williams, DE/LB, Connecticut
174 Green Bay (from New Orleans) - Brandon Underwood, FS, Cincinnati
175 Houston - Greg Isander, OG, West Virginia
176 San Diego - Johnny Knox, WR, Abilene Christian
177 Chicago - Joel Bell, OT, Furman
178 Tampa Bay - Alex Boone, OT, Ohio State
179 Detroit (from Dallas) - Tony Fiammetta, FB, Syracuse
180 N.Y. Jets - Andrew Gardner, OT, Georgia Tech
181 Philadelphia - Bradley Fletcher, CB, Iowa
182 Philadelphia (from Minnesota) - Trimane Goddard, S, North Carolina
183 Atlanta - Brandon Williams, DE, Texas Tech
184 Dallas (from Miami) - Christopher Owens, CB, San Jose State
185 Baltimore - Jonathan Casillas, OLB, Wisconsin
186 New England - Ian Johnson, RB, Boise State
187 N.Y. Giants - Andy Kemp, OG, Wisconsin
188 Indianapolis - Devin Moore, RB, Wyoming
189 Carolina - Corey Irvin, DE/DT, Georgia

190 Tennessee -
191 Arizona - jgl35
192 Pittsburgh - Ole Miss Texan

Last edited by JCTexan; 04-13-2009 at 05:53 PM.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #682
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys of Dallas select Christopher Owens, CB San Jose State
Old 04-13-2009   #683
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Well it looks like Dallas owns my 7th round pick. So my day is done.

Round 1 Pick 1 - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
Round 1 Pick 20 - Eben Britton, OT, Arizona
Round 2 Pick 33 - Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
Round 3 Pick 65 - Shawn Nelson, TE, Southern Miss
Round 3 Pick 82 - Darry Beckwith, ILB, L.S.U.
Round 6 Pick 161 - Jeremiah Johnson, RB, Oregon
Round 6 Pick 179 - Tony Fiammetta, FB, Syracuse

Obviously I wish I went more defense, but I feel good with getting my QB of the future and giving him the tools to be successful. Plus I can go all defense next year when he actually starts. This gives him a year to get to know his new targets, and team, plus defenders can come in day 1 and do very good things.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #684
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

Round 1 Pick 1 - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
Round 1 Pick 20 - Eben Britton, OT, Arizona
Round 2 Pick 33 - Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
Round 3 Pick 65 - Shawn Nelson, TE, Southern Miss
Round 3 Pick 82 - Darry Beckwith, ILB, L.S.U.
Round 6 Pick 161 - Jeremiah Johnson, RB, Oregon
Round 6 Pick 179 - Tony Fiammetta, FB, Syracuse

Obviously I wish I went more defense, but I feel good with getting my QB of the future and giving him the tools to be successful. Plus I can go all defense next year when he actually starts. This gives him a year to get to know his new targets, and team, plus defenders can come in day 1 and do very good things.
I like this strategy I'm drafting for the Lions over at HT.com and I'm thinking of taking it a step further by drafting the top WR on the board in rd. two.

The Lions may not be good next year but they will be fun to watch. They can use the rest of the draft on defense and concentrate on defense in next years draft. Which is loaded with defenive talent.

I love the Nelson pick but would probably concentrate on DT & MIKE in rd.3 & take a TE like Haffner in rd.6
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #685
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Mine too. Denver owns Atlanta's 7th round pick.

Round 1 Pick 24. Clay Matthews, OLB, USC
Round 2 Pick 55. Patrick Chung, S, Oregon
Round 3 Pick 90. Keenan Lewis, CB, Oregon State
Round 4 Pick 121. Chris Baker, DT, Hampton
Round 5 Pick 135. Bear Pascoe, TE, Fresno State
Round 5 Pick 152. Tyronne Green, OG, Auburn
Round 6 Pick 183. Brandon Williams, DE, Texas Tech

Coming in the Falcons biggest needs were DT, LB, TE & CB. I feel like I addressed all of them without reaching on anyone. I probably should have addressed the DT position sooner in the draft, but I think Baker is a good pick in the 4th. With the way the draft turned out I feel Matthews was the obvious pick.
Old 04-13-2009   #686
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Mine too. Denver owns Atlanta's 7th round pick.

Round 1 Pick 24. Clay Matthews, OLB, USC
Round 2 Pick 55. Patrick Chung, S, Oregon
Round 3 Pick 90. Keenan Lewis, CB, Oregon State
Round 4 Pick 121. Chris Baker, DT, Hampton
Round 5 Pick 135. Bear Pascoe, TE, Fresno State
Round 5 Pick 152. Tyronne Green, OG, Auburn
Round 6 Pick 183. Brandon Williams, DE, Texas Tech

Coming in the Falcons biggest needs were DT, LB, TE & CB. I feel like I addressed all of them without reaching on anyone. I probably should have addressed the DT position sooner in the draft, but I think Baker is a good pick in the 4th. With the way the draft turned out I feel Matthews was the obvious pick.
Good work, man. That's a nice draft.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #687
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens select Wisconsin OLB Jonathan Casillas

The PATRIOTS (rmartin65) are on the clock!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-13-2009   #688
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

The New England Patriots select RB Ian Johnson, from Boise State

The Patriots have an old RB core. Johnson will be able to learn for a year or two, and then assume the number one role. He will contribute on special teams for now. Add to the fact that he is a great team player, and I see the patriots going this route.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #689
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Via PM from Lork88 the New York Giants select... Andy Kemp, OG, Wisconsin

The Indianapolis Colts select... Devin Moore, RB, Wyoming

All lork sent me for the Giants was best interior O-linemen
Old 04-13-2009   #690
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 189th pick, the Carolina Panthers select:

Corey Irvin, DE/DT, Georgia

Probably going to be a rotational guy at either DE or if he can bulk up and get a bit stronger, DT. He's a hard worker. I think he's a steal at this position.
Old 04-13-2009   #691
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

The Tennessee Titans are now on the clock. Group Pick

Their mock so far:

Alex Mack, OC, California
Sen'Derrick Marks, DT, Auburn
Ramses Barden, WR, Cal-Poly
DeAngelo Smith, CB, Cincinnati
Old 04-13-2009   #692
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they should take a LB.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #693
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I think they should take a LB.
Nic Harris is still out there. He's a project but this would be a good place to take him. Same with Daniel Holtzclaw. Or maybe Josh Mauga, Moise Fokou, or Stanley Arnoux?
Old 04-13-2009   #694
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd go with Nic Harris, mature player who just needs to be whipped into shape after switching from S to OLB.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #695
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote for Harris.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #696
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

They may need to pick a QB to start grooming behind Collins.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #697
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
They may need to pick a QB to start grooming behind Collins.
Graham Harrell, maybe?

I vote for Harris.
Old 04-14-2009   #698
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point I'd go with Nic Harris too. End of the 6th round is incredible value for him.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #699
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

With the 190th pick the Tennessee Titans select... Nic Harris, OLB, Oklahoma

Arizona Cardinals are now on the clock
Old 04-14-2009   #700
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cards select K.J. Gerard CB/S Northern Arizona.

Played both CB and Safety in college. Very productive with 19 picks and 41 knock downs in three year career. 21 TFL is very high for a DB.
Good size at 6'1--180. Good tackler and solid against the run.
Doesn't have ideal speed. Runs around 4.6. But production shows him to be a ballhawk. Worth a shot this late in the draft.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read