Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-10-2009   #661
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I vote for Phillip Hunt

I wanted Alex Boone for the Jets though. LOL
I'm fine with Hunt. The only source of mine that has him rated is Walter Football, but they have him rated pretty high.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #662
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sixth round:

161 Detroit - Jeremiah Johnson, RB, Oregon.
162 Kansas City - Kory Sheets, RB, Purdue
163 St. Louis - Patrick Turner, WR, USC
164 Cleveland - Kevin Ogletree, WR, Virginia
165 Seattle - Dannell Ellerbe, ILB, Georgia
166 Cincinnati - Quinn Johnson, FB, LSU
167 Jacksonville - Curtis Painter, QB, Purdue
168 Oakland - Lydon Murtha, OT, Nebraska
169 Green Bay - Captain Munnerlyn, CB, South Carolina
170 Buffalo - Vance Walker, DT, Georgia Tech
171 San Francisco - Robert Brewster, OT, Ball State
172 Denver - Quan Cosby, WR, Texas
173 Washington - Julius Williams, DE/LB, Connecticut
174 Green Bay (from New Orleans) - Brandon Underwood, FS, Cincinnati
175 Houston - Greg Isander, OG, West Virginia
176 San Diego - Johnny Knox, WR, Abilene Christian
177 Chicago - Joel Bell, OT, Furman
178 Tampa Bay - Alex Boone, OT, Ohio State

179 Detroit (from Dallas) - Super Mario
180 N.Y. Jets - steelbtexan
181 Philadelphia - Texan4ever
182 Philadelphia (from Minnesota) - Texan4ever
183 Atlanta - JCTexan
184 Dallas (from Miami) - Honoring Earl 34
185 Baltimore - Diehardchris
186 New England - rmartin65
187 N.Y. Giants - Lork88
188 Indianapolis - Lork88
189 Carolina - The Pencil Neck
190 Tennessee -
191 Arizona - jgl35
192 Pittsburgh - Ole Miss Texan

Last edited by JCTexan; 04-11-2009 at 10:54 PM.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #663
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Tampa Bay is a group pick.

Right now, they've drafted:

19 - Peria Jerry, DT
81 - Victor Harris, CB
116 - Mohamed Massaquoi, WR
147 - Brandon Tate, WR

Their Team needs are supposed to be:
Urgent - Fast DT, Franchise QB
Strong - Starting WR, Corner
Moderate - Fast RB, Tackle, CB for Dime
Nice - Center, WR, DE

I don't see anything that really matches up with their needs. The best values I have on my board that kinda fit are:

Christopher Owens, CB
Morgan Trent, CB
Jerraud Powers, CB
Corey Irvin, DE/DT - Hasn't this guy already been selected? Did I miss that?
Stephen McGee, QB

The highest rated tackles I've got on the board are:
Andre Gardner
Jose Valdez
Alex Boone

I think I'm picking Alex Boone at this spot but I could be persuaded to go with one of the CB's.
Boone sounds like a good pick here in the 6th. I don't know about a corner, though, they've already drafted Harris & still have Talib & Barber on their roster. I like Trent at this point, though.
Old 04-11-2009   #664
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

If Alex Boone is available then go for it. From what I know they have always had offensive line problems and with a raw QB under center they need all the protection they can provide. Defense would be nice here if you can find someone who fits there system ebacuse the Bucs are known for defense.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #665
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Boone sounds like a good pick here in the 6th. I don't know about a corner, though, they've already drafted Harris & still have Talib & Barber on their roster. I like Trent at this point, though.
The page I got those needs from said that Ronde ain't Ronde anymore.
Old 04-11-2009   #666
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
If Alex Boone is available then go for it. From what I know they have always had offensive line problems and with a raw QB under center they need all the protection they can provide. Defense would be nice here if you can find someone who fits there system ebacuse the Bucs are known for defense.
You have to wonder how much longer the Buccs are going to be known for their D. With Kiffin gone and a lot of his guys getting old and leaving, that scary Buccs D could be a thing of the past now. I wonder if the new coaches are going to transition away from the Tampa-2.
Old 04-11-2009   #667
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The page I got those needs from said that Ronde ain't Ronde anymore.
Well, I would go with either Trent or Boone here.
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2009   #668
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Well, I would go with either Trent or Boone here.

Morgan Trent is a good player with the tools but he is very raw and well need 2-3 years before he starts for the Bucs. Either Boone or Trent is fine with me.
Old 04-11-2009   #669
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Looks like we're the only ones voting so... Let's go Boone.
Old 04-11-2009   #670
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72577 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Boone
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #671
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

With the 178th pick...the Bucs select...

Alex Boone

~ With an unproven QB under center, the Bucs need an OT to protect the QB from pass-rushing DEs and OLBs and Boone is the man for the job.
Old 04-11-2009   #672
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

So, Super Mario and the Lions are up.
Old 04-12-2009   #673
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

The Detroit Lions Select Tony Fiammetta, FB, Syracuse

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #674
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

So steelbtexan is up with the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets.
Old 04-12-2009   #675
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72577 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted Boone but I got a nice consilation prize

With the 180th pick in the NFL draft the NY Jets select Andrew Gardner OT Ga. Tech

Gardner was 1st team All-ACC he is 6'7 305lbs and ran a 4.92 40 at his pro day.

The only reason he is available this late in the draft is because he tore his labrum in the last game of the season.

This season gardner helped spearhead an OL that had a great running game led by Jonathan Dwyer. Last year when the Jackets had Calvin Johnson they were a passing team. Gardner played LT on an OL that gave up only 10 sacks.

Gardner has great feet. He needs to improve his playing strength.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #676
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

With the 181st pick, the Eagle select...

Bradley Fletcher - CB

~ Adds great depth, productive CB with good hands and a tremendous special teams player.

*Was also showcased at the Houston Texans training facility!

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...y-Fletcher.php
Old 04-12-2009   #677
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

With the 192nd overall pick, the Eagles select...

Trimane Goddard - S

~ Good production at UNC, needs to add some bulk but otherwise has tremdous upside and adds quality depth to the safety position.
Old 04-12-2009   #678
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Eagles are on the clock again aren't they?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #679
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
With the 181st pick, the Eagle select...

Bradley Fletcher - CB

~ Adds great depth, productive CB with good hands and a tremendous special teams player.

*Was also showcased at the Houston Texans training facility!

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...y-Fletcher.php
Absolute steal.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #680
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

With the 183rd pick the Atlanta Falcons select... Brandon Williams, DE, Texas Tech

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read