Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-05-2009   #581
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 287880 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Well its been over 24 hours...

With the 161st pick The Detroit Lions select... Jeremiah Johnson, RB, Oregon.
So now Beerlover is up with KC?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009   #582
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
So now Beerlover is up with KC?
Yeah, I PM'd him.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009   #583
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sixth round:

161 Detroit - Jeremiah Johnson, RB, Oregon.
162 Kansas City - beerlover
163 St. Louis - WolverineFan
164 Cleveland - HOU-TEX
165 Seattle -
166 Cincinnati - mussop
167 Jacksonville - Texan4ever
168 Oakland - Goldensilence
169 Green Bay Diehardchris
170 Buffalo - TexansSeminole
171 San Francisco - Specnatz
172 Denver - Kaiser Toro
173 Washington - steelbTexan
174 Green Bay (from New Orleans) - Diehardchris
175 Houston - Shaft75
176 San Diego - Tailgate
177 Chicago - jgl35
178 Tampa Bay
179 Detroit (from Dallas) - Super Mario
180 N.Y. Jets - steelbtexan
181 Philadelphia - Texan4ever
182 Philadelphia (from Minnesota) - Texan4ever
183 Atlanta - JCTexan
184 Dallas (from Miami) - Honoring Earl 34
185 Baltimore - Diehardchris
186 New England - rmartin65
187 N.Y. Giants - Lork88
188 Indianapolis - Lork88
189 Carolina - The Pencil Neck
190 Tennessee -
191 Arizona - jgl35
192 Pittsburgh - Ole Miss Texan
Old 04-05-2009   #584
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 287880 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I PM'd him.
I don't have a pick until 189 with the Panthers. Damn those Saints and Vikings for trading away all their picks.
Old 04-05-2009   #585
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its been a while for me... nothing in the 4th and now 189 in the 5th. Shoot.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009   #586
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for making Detroits pick but I think going defense wouldv'e made more sense considering they signed Maurice Morris and they also have Kevin Smith.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009   #587
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Only 4 more picks and my draft stategy has worked nearly to perfection. Lets finish this thing.
Old 04-05-2009   #588
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Thanks for making Detroits pick but I think going defense wouldv'e made more sense considering they signed Maurice Morris and they also have Kevin Smith.
I was thinking of what Super Mario would do. He tried picking Ringer last round, but it was Seattle's pick. Didn't think he'd mind Johnson in the 6th. Jeremiah Johnson is a good pick in the 6th imo.
Old 04-05-2009   #589
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

KC selects - Kory Sheets, RB Purdue.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #590
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was thinking of what Super Mario would do. He tried picking Ringer last round, but it was Seattle's pick. Didn't think he'd mind Johnson in the 6th. Jeremiah Johnson is a good pick in the 6th imo.
Thanks for making my pick. Sorry I was out of town. I would have gone RB since all I have are Smith and Morris. And yeah I wanted ringer, but didnt realize that they traded the pick away in the Peterson trade.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #591
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Via PM from Wolverinefan the St Louis Rams select... Patrick Turner, WR, USC
Old 04-06-2009   #592
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Thanks for making my pick. Sorry I was out of town. I would have gone RB since all I have are Smith and Morris. And yeah I wanted ringer, but didnt realize that they traded the pick away in the Peterson trade.
Yeah, I didn't realize they had either. NFL.com still has the mistake of Detroit having their fifth.
Old 04-06-2009   #593
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Sixth round:

161 Detroit - Jeremiah Johnson, RB, Oregon.
162 Kansas City - Kory Sheets, RB, Purdue
163 St. Louis - Patrick Turner, WR, USC

164 Cleveland - HOU-TEX
165 Seattle -
166 Cincinnati - mussop
167 Jacksonville - Texan4ever
168 Oakland - Goldensilence
169 Green Bay Diehardchris
170 Buffalo - TexansSeminole
171 San Francisco - Specnatz
172 Denver - Kaiser Toro
173 Washington - steelbTexan
174 Green Bay (from New Orleans) - Diehardchris
175 Houston - Shaft75
176 San Diego - Tailgate
177 Chicago - jgl35
178 Tampa Bay
179 Detroit (from Dallas) - Super Mario
180 N.Y. Jets - steelbtexan
181 Philadelphia - Texan4ever
182 Philadelphia (from Minnesota) - Texan4ever
183 Atlanta - JCTexan
184 Dallas (from Miami) - Honoring Earl 34
185 Baltimore - Diehardchris
186 New England - rmartin65
187 N.Y. Giants - Lork88
188 Indianapolis - Lork88
189 Carolina - The Pencil Neck
190 Tennessee -
191 Arizona - jgl35
192 Pittsburgh - Ole Miss Texan
Old 04-06-2009   #594
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be back to make the Browns pick shortly. Thanks
Old 04-06-2009   #595
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

There are some good players still on the board that I'd expect to be gone already.
Old 04-06-2009   #596
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99579 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Via PM from Wolverinefan the St Louis Rams select... Patrick Turner, WR, USC
Thanks for posting my pick JC. I took Turner because the Rams have a need at WR after Torry Holt's release and they could really use a big target to go along with the speedy Donnie Avery. Turner, at 6'5 223 lbs, is a huge target with great hands. He doesn't have blazing speed, but for a guy his size he moves pretty well.

St. Louis Rams draft thus far:

1 - T Jason Smith, Baylor
2 - CB D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt
3 - QB Josh Freeman, Kansas State
4 - RB Rashad Jennings, Liberty
5 - SS Emmanuel Cook, South Carolina
6 - WR Patrick Turner, USC
7 -

Great draft so far IMO.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #597
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Thanks for posting my pick JC. I took Turner because the Rams have a need at WR after Torry Holt's release and they could really use a big target to go along with the speedy Donnie Avery. Turner, at 6'5 223 lbs, is a huge target with great hands. He doesn't have blazing speed, but for a guy his size he moves pretty well.

St. Louis Rams draft thus far:

1 - T Jason Smith, Baylor
2 - CB D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt
3 - QB Josh Freeman, Kansas State
4 - RB Rashad Jennings, Liberty
5 - SS Emmanuel Cook, South Carolina
6 - WR Patrick Turner, USC
7 -

Great draft so far IMO.
That is a great draft.
Old 04-06-2009   #598
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 164th pick the Cleveland Browns select:

Kevin Ogletree - Virginia, WR

Much has happened since grabbing an OT in the 4th. Stallworth will likely face jail time as well as an NFL suspension. His career has been unproductive at best to begin with.

There were a couple intriguing TE's, but with Heiden and now Royal a WR was a no-brainer here.

The Browns draft so far:

1. B. Orakpo DE/OLB
2a. D. Brown RB
2b. C. Francies CB
4. TJ Lang OT
6. K. Ogletree WR
Old 04-06-2009   #599
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Group pick for Seattle, they have taken a OT, CB/S, OG, mostly offense. I think they should go on defense, either DE or OLB. I suggest Lee Robinson from Alcorn St., Tim Jamison from Michigan, or Joe Mortensen from Kansas.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #600
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Group pick for Seattle, they have taken a OT, CB/S, OG, mostly offense. I think they should go on defense, either DE or OLB. I suggest Lee Robinson from Alcorn St., Tim Jamison from Michigan, or Joe Mortensen from Kansas.
At this point, from the aspect of the front 7, I'm surprised that Dannell Ellerbe (ILB), Brandon Williams (DE), Corey Irvin (DE/DT), and Jonathon Casillas (OLB) are still on the board. Those guys are the highest rated front 7 guys on my board.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read