Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-31-2009   #481
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Looks like time is way, way up for the Chargers.

Group pick time.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #482
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Looks like time is way, way up for the Chargers.

Group pick time.
Group pick then?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #483
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Who have the Chargers taken so far?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #484
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenan Lewis CB Oregon State?
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #485
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Who have the Chargers taken so far?
K. Moreno RB
K. Moore DE
C Brown LB

They didn't have a 2nd rounder.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #486
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Lydon Murtha would be my choice.

He had the best no.s @ the combine & has the ability to play G-T.

Murtha just needs to gain strength & work on his technique.

Getting somebody that has Murtha's athletic ability in the 5th rd is a steal IMHO.
Old 03-31-2009   #487
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

They need an OG and I suggest one of these players (dunno if there still on the board): Cornelius Lewis, CJ Davis, Dallas Reynolds, or Louis Vasquez.
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2009   #488
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35 View Post
Keenan Lewis CB Oregon State?
I picked him in the 3rd for Atlanta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
They need an OG and I suggest one of these players (dunno if there still on the board): Cornelius Lewis, CJ Davis, Dallas Reynolds, or Louis Vasquez.
I don't know about the rest of the guys, but Lewis went to the Dolphins in the 4th.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #489
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I picked him in the 3rd for Atlanta.

I don't know about the rest of the guys, but Lewis went to the Dolphins in the 4th.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. In that case I vote for Roger Allen from Missouri Western St. 6'2" 326-Lbs, stout at the point of attack and light on his feet, very mature and has a ton of experience at the position. However, health is a concern.
Old 03-31-2009   #490
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they could use depth at S or on the interior line.

My top remaining safeties are SS-Chris Clemons (Clemson), SS-Courtney Greene (Rutgers), and FS-Curtis Taylor (LSU).

There is still very good value for OGs. Andy Kemp (Wisconsin), Tyronne Greene (Auburn), and Louis Vasquez (Texas Tech) are still available.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #491
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I think they could use depth at S or on the interior line.

My top remaining safeties are SS-Chris Clemons (Clemson), SS-Courtney Greene (Rutgers), and FS-Curtis Taylor (LSU).

There is still very good value for OGs. Andy Kemp (Wisconsin), Tyronne Greene (Auburn), and Louis Vasquez (Texas Tech) are still available.

I think they should go OG here. Kemp is a good player but needs to improve and has limited upside, Vasquez played in a two-point stance and has the mass but isn't light on his feet and doesn't have quickness. Dunno about Greene, but if you guys pick someone I would like to go OG here.
Old 04-01-2009   #492
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote Vasquez
Old 04-01-2009   #493
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

I change my vote to Vasquez
Old 04-01-2009   #494
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I change my vote to Vasquez
Sounds good to me too.

Diehard, make it happen.
Old 04-01-2009   #495
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Vasquez
Old 04-01-2009   #496
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 140th pick San Diego Chargers select... Louis Vasquez, OG, Texas Tech

The Denver Broncos are on the clock
Old 04-01-2009   #497
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Fifth round:

129 Seattle (from Detroit) - Kyle Bell, RB, Colorado State
130 St. Louis - Emanuel Cook, SS, South Carolina
131 Kansas City - Roy Miller, DT/NT, UT
132 Denver (from Seattle) - Henry Melton, DE, UT
133 Philadelphia (from Cleveland) - P.J. Hill, RB, Wisconsin
134 Cincinnati - Cedric Peerman, RB, Virginia
135 Atlanta (from Oakland) - Bear Pascoe, TE, Fresno State
136 Jacksonville - Herb Donaldson, RB, Western Illinois
137 Green Bay - Sebastian Vollmer, OT, Houston
138 San Francisco - Darryl Richard, DT, Georgia Tech
139 Buffalo - Matt Shaughnessy, DE, Wisconson
140 San Diego - Louis Vasquez, OG, Texas Tech
141 Denver
142 Washington
143 New York Giants (from New Orleans)
144 Houston
145 Philadelphia (from NY Jets)
146 Chicago
147 Tampa Bay
148 Dallas
149 Philadelphia
150 Minnesota
151 Philadelphia (from New England)
152 Atlanta
153 Miami
154 Baltimore
155 Carolina
156 New York Giants
157 Indianapolis
158 Dallas (from Tennessee)
159 Arizona
160 Pittsburgh
Old 04-01-2009   #498
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
The Denver Broncos are on the clock
Who's the best available Quarterback? frickin' idiots...
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #499
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Doesn't Graham Harrell fit New England's system? I think he would be a nice fit for the Broncos.
Old 04-01-2009   #500
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Mike Reilly (Central Washington), Nathan Brown (Central Arkansas), and Graham Harrell (Texas Tech) would all probably fit the system. I have them ranked in that order. Reilly is the highest rated QB left on my board.

Hunter Cantwell (Louisviile) and Stephen McGee (Texas A&M) are two guys that have the required skill set to play in the NFL, but for various reasons will be low round picks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read