Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-28-2009   #441
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
yes originally this was set-up as a 3 rd. mock without trades, my bad. the appeitite for more is now being documented as I type, this is a good thing for those so inclined & provides an educational tool for everybody who cares about the draft/NFL, that is the purpose afterall. I say keep it simple, keep on track (no trades or compenestory picks) so every team has equal opportunity to address their needs keeping established real trades as noted in draft order. it doesnt matter to me if you pick last in the round or not, beleive me its a real pain in the ass to follow Ole Miss who really knows how to make excellent picks, before it rolls over into the wanna be's @ the bottom of each round in the selection order. He drives home why the good teams reamain the good teams, they just know who the football players on & rarely miss, like at least on a couple occasions taking the player @ the top of my board. The last three rounds should go much slower without the particapation, maybe a consenesus of two memebers would help speed things up? Anyway with that said KC is on the clock-

131 KC Cheifs select - Roy Miller, NT UT 6-1 312

Ascending player has the tools, size & expereince to start in the NFL as the Chiefs new 3-4 NT. Had excellent Pro-Day showing scouts he could carry more weight on his stocky frame (excellent low center of gravity for position) yet still not lose any explosiveness or speed 4.93/4.94 both much quicker than #1 NT prospect B.J. Raji. This enables Dorsey to play the LDE/LDT in the 3-4 with Aaron Curry coming from the OLB position. Roy has high character/work ethic All-Big 12 Conference First Team, played @ a high level in a major program gaining valueable expereince so should be ready to step in as a rookie & make immediate impact. Roy was also defensive MVP in Texas' victory over Ohio State in the 2009 Fiesta Bowl (2.5 tackles, one TFL, one sack) backed it up in East-West Shrine Game.
fresh pic from UT Pro Day
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #442
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

So, if the Cheifs are employing a 3-4 defensive scheme what happens to Glenn Dorsey and Tamba Hali. I don't think Dorsey could play NT and I can't imagine him as a DE. As for Hali, the sight of seeing him play OLB is laughable.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #443
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait - so, did someone just pick Sammie Lee Hill?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #444
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Wait - so, did someone just pick Sammie Lee Hill?
Yea, lol....I was confused to untill I saw someone posted s.l. hill. If people would actually take the time to at least write why they chose the particular player and post a pic that would make things easier.
Old 03-28-2009   #445
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Yea, lol....I was confused to untill I saw someone posted s.l. hill. If people would actually take the time to at least write why they chose the particular player and post a pic that would make things easier.
It's not that - it's that only one person gave a name, then someone put it up as the selection... that's not how we've been doing it. I think we have a rule for the consensus picks - roughly, we've been going with the first one to receive four votes - unless there are a bunch of people online, then we let it string out a little longer.

So - not to speak for the whole group here - but I think all would pretty much agree that whatever team took SLHill is still on the clock. Let's just say he's nominated.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-28-2009   #446
DiehardChris
You betcha!

The Philadelphia Eagles are on the clock.

One nomination - Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman College.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-28-2009   #447
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The Philadelphia Eagles are on the clock.

One nomination - Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman College.

Oh snap, Philly is my team...i'll have a selection is a few minutes.
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2009   #448
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

With the 133rd selection...the Philly Eagles select...

P.J. Hill - RB

~ Productive back with good vision and power. Has durability concerns and character issues but I think that can be fixed especially playing for a team like the Eagles who have leaders in McNabb and Westbrook. Good RB to compliment Westbrook.
Old 03-28-2009   #449
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
So, if the Cheifs are employing a 3-4 defensive scheme what happens to Glenn Dorsey and Tamba Hali. I don't think Dorsey could play NT and I can't imagine him as a DE. As for Hali, the sight of seeing him play OLB is laughable.
Dorsey doesn't have to play nose. Chiefs address this need in the draft, thats why I selected Roy Miller, to play NT.

Also should note: from Z report, as it relates to the Texans -

Quote:
For the record, I think Roy Miller is similar to Kyle Williams when he came out of LSU. I think he'll be an active backup NT who will be a good value in the 5th. I think the Texans should look at him.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #450
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102890 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Before I make my pick, are we going to finish this draft or just this round.
Old 03-28-2009   #451
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Before I make my pick, are we going to finish this draft or just this round.
Good question. I started that thread with a poll, which has 36 views but only 3 votes. It seems like apathy is the prevailing thought so far.

Obviously we need to hear from more of the people involved, but if apathy continues to be the way it goes, we should probably just shut the thing down. No reason to do it if people don't actively still want to do it.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-28-2009   #452
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102890 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good question. I started that thread with a poll, which has 36 views but only 3 votes. It seems like apathy is the prevailing thought so far.

Obviously we need to hear from more of the people involved, but if apathy continues to be the way it goes, we should probably just shut the thing down. No reason to do it if people don't actively still want to do it.
put me down as like to finish.
Old 03-28-2009   #453
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to finish ... I will send Chris my selections in advance because I am going out of town for a month and I will miss the Draft ................. SOB ^&%$&^%$(&*$#I^&U*(*(%&#$#$^*W%l

Anyway, so goes life.
Old 03-29-2009   #454
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Aw, man!!! Are you actually going to MISS the draft, or will you watch it wherever you're staying? That's the pits!

I wouldn't mind continuing, but we would really have to get on the ball if we were going to do another one.

Either way - I'm a bad one to send picks to. I'm working a TON of overtime lately... my "internet life" is suffering for it, heh.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-29-2009   #455
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Aw, man!!! Are you actually going to MISS the draft, or will you watch it wherever you're staying? That's the pits!

I wouldn't mind continuing, but we would really have to get on the ball if we were going to do another one.

Either way - I'm a bad one to send picks to. I'm working a TON of overtime lately... my "internet life" is suffering for it, heh.
I will be at a biker rally working, so yes I will miss the draft. I will also miss the final four as well. Yaay.

Old 03-29-2009   #456
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the fifth round & who's picking for what team... Seattle, Tennessee, Tampa Bay & Indy are free if someone wants to pick for them.

129. Seattle -
130. St Louis - WolverineFan
131. Kansas City - beerlover
132. Denver (F/Sea) - Kaiser Toro
133. Philadelphia (F/Cle) - Texan4ever
134. Cincinnati - mussop
135. Atlanta (F/Oak) - Jctexan
136. Jacksonville - Texan4ever
137. Green Bay - Diehardchris
138. San Francisco - Specnatz
139. Buffalo - TexansSeminole
140. San Diego - Tailgate
141. Denver - Kaiser Toro
142. Washington - steelbTexan
143. N.Y Giants (F/NO) - lork88
144. Houston - Shaft75
145. Philadelphia (F/NYJ) - Texan4ever
146. Chicago - jgl35
147. Tampa Bay -
148. Dallas - Honoring Earl 34
149. Philadelphia - Texan4ever
150. Minnesota - The Pencil Neck
151. New England - rmartin65
152. Atlanta - Jctexan
153. Miami - Honoring Earl 34
154. Baltimore - Diehardchris
155. Carolina - The Pencil Neck
156. NY Giants - Lork88
157. Indianapolis -
158. Dallas (F/Ten) - Honoring Earl 34
159. Arizona - jgl35
160. Pittsburgh - Ole Miss Texan
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009   #457
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Here's the fifth round & who's picking for what team... Seattle, Tennessee, Tampa Bay & Indy are free if someone wants to pick for them.
We should just group pick for the teams with no mock GM, I think thats the best course of action.
Old 03-29-2009   #458
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am staying in as far as this goes.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009   #459
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post

129. Seattle -
130. St Louis - WolverineFan
131. Kansas City - beerlover
132. Denver (F/Sea) - Kaiser Toro
133. Philadelphia (F/Cle) - Texan4ever
134. Cincinnati - mussop
135. Atlanta (F/Oak) - Jctexan
136. Jacksonville - Texan4ever
137. Green Bay - Diehardchris
138. San Francisco - Specnatz
139. Buffalo - TexansSeminole
140. San Diego - Tailgate
141. Denver - Kaiser Toro
142. Washington - steelbTexan
143. N.Y Giants (F/NO) - lork88
144. Houston - Shaft75
145. Philadelphia (F/NYJ) - Texan4ever
146. Chicago - jgl35
147. Tampa Bay -
148. Dallas - Honoring Earl 34
149. Philadelphia - Texan4ever
150. Minnesota - The Pencil Neck
151. New England - rmartin65
152. Atlanta - Jctexan
153. Miami - Honoring Earl 34
154. Baltimore - Diehardchris
155. Carolina - The Pencil Neck
156. NY Giants - Lork88
157. Indianapolis -
158. Dallas (F/Ten) - Honoring Earl 34
159. Arizona - jgl35
160. Pittsburgh - Ole Miss Texan
I'll take Indy if you don't mind. They pick right after NYG so it should make it easy for me.
Old 03-29-2009   #460
DiehardChris
You betcha!

We need this list somewhere where it's not on page 23 of a huge thread.

Super Mario - can you use your mod powers and stick this at the top or bottom of the selection thread? Or if there's another mod participating in the mock, maybe that person?

www.HoustonDiehards.com

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read