Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-18-2009   #1
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Drug dealer names Buckhalter as his client

A Delaware County prosecutor this morning named former Eagles running back Correll Buckhalter among the reported clients of an alleged drug dealer during opening arguments of a trial.

Deputy District Attorney Katayoun M. Copeland, addressing the jury, said that Styles N. Beckles, 36, of Clifton Heights, had told police that he sold drugs to pro athletes, including Buckhalter and Keita Crespina, a former Temple University football player.

No charges have been filed against Buckhalter or Crespina.

Buckhalter, 30, spent eight years with the Eagles before the Denver Broncos signed him to a four-year deal this month.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...utor_says.html
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Drug dealer names Buckhalter as his client

Wow, Texans did good by not signing him.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Wow, Texans did good by not signing him.
Just because he said it doesn't mean it's true. Let's let it play out.

But I was against bringing in Buckhalter anyway because of his injury history.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
just because he said it doesn't mean it's true. Let's let it play out.

But i was against bringing in buckhalter anyway because of his injury history.
ok.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009   #5
Polo

I bet it's true.

I don't think it makes the news if the police don't have some kind of evidence leading them to believe it has some substance.
Old 03-18-2009   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I bet it's true.

I don't think it makes the news if the police don't have some kind of evidence leading them to believe it has some substance.
The Clemens situation made the news even though there was no evidence that he took steroids. There still isn't.

The drug dealer is backed into a corner. He is going to point fingers. We'll just have to wait it out and see if he is telling the truth.
Old 03-18-2009   #7
Polo

Quote:
The Clemens situation made the news even though there was no evidence that he took steroids. There still isn't.

The drug dealer is backed into a corner. He is going to point fingers. We'll just have to wait it out and see if he is telling the truth.
There was evidence. A credible eye witness account. Plus he supposedly had syringes with Clemens blood and other kinds of incriminating evidence.

But on top of that, how random would it be for him to call out Buckhalter's name. If you're an interrogating officer and someone gave you the name of someone who is somewhat famous or well known wouldn't you want some good proof before you let that info leak? Giving up your clients isn't as valuable as giving up your connect anyways. If you're gonna point fingers you're gonna point them at folks over you.
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2009   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

I guess I'm just reluctant to believe a drug dealer with something to gain. There is no telling how he knows Buckhalter or why he would choose to throw his name out there if he is lying.

But the guy is backed into a corner and I'm sure he has a deal in place to reduce the charges against him if he gives anybody up.

If he doesn't have anybody to give up what's he gonna do? Tell them that?

I'm not saying that he is lying. Personally, I'm just gonna wait and see what happens before I pass judgement on Buckhalter.
Old 03-18-2009   #9
Polo

I hear ya...
Old 03-18-2009   #10
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a pot dealer. A big so what, in my opinion. Buck was pulled over his rookie year with two other Eagle rookies on South Street. The police found a joint in the car. Having a joint on South Street in Philly is like having a big mac in mickey d's. No other problems since. So Buck might smoke pot. So what.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35 View Post
It's a pot dealer. A big so what, in my opinion. Buck was pulled over his rookie year with two other Eagle rookies on South Street. The police found a joint in the car. Having a joint on South Street in Philly is like having a big mac in mickey d's. No other problems since. So Buck might smoke pot. So what.
The so what is it's against the law.

No matter what your or my opinion is about the law, it still stands. Pot is illegal.

If Average Joe would get busted for pot then Buckhalter should too.
Old 03-18-2009   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

If the judge and jury are Eagles fans, Buckhalter is screwed.
Old 03-18-2009   #13
Polo

Quote:

No matter what your or my opinion is about the law, it still stands. Pot is illegal.

That, and we don't know how much weed we're talking about here...

To me it sounds like Buckhalter was buying more than what would be considered recreational...
Old 03-18-2009   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35 View Post
Agreed. This is about as pathetic as it gets. I don't know what is worse the dealer for being a ratty little snitch because he is to much of a coward to take on the punishment for the risk of dealing that he chose to take or the pitiful excuse of law enforcement that chose to go out and publicize this as if it means anything and to harm Buckhalter's public reputation.

Oooohh Buckhalter bought some pot to smoke. What a horrible human being he is.
Old 03-18-2009   #15
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
That, and we don't know how much weed we're talking about here...

To me it sounds like Buckhalter was buying more than what would be considered recreational...
and you drew that conclusion frommmmm....??
The article said the DEALER had lots of vials and a significant quantity of weed at his apt.

Surely you don't think that the two athletes that were named were this guy's only customers?

I will bet you this: Buckhalter will reeeeally find it tough to land a job with this hanging over his head.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
and you drew that conclusion frommmmm....??
The article said the DEALER had lots of vials and a significant quantity of weed at his apt.

Surely you don't think that the two athletes that were named were this guy's only customers?

I will bet you this: Buckhalter will reeeeally find it tough to land a job with this hanging over his head.
Didn't he already sign with Denver?
Old 03-18-2009   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yep.
Old 03-18-2009   #18
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The problem is lack of evidence. One guy saying he sold you weed shouldn't be enough to put someone in jail if we're going by the law. Just like a picture of someone with their face up to a bong shouldn't be enough to charge someone. If they want to go by the law, how about finding some pot on the guy.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks. Hadn't heard that.
I stand corrected.

lol
...as if Denver needs more drama
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009   #20
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Even if he had not signed with the Broncos, I doubt a statement from a drug dealer would scare away anybody. Now if he had tested positive or had been arrested, perhaps.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read