Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-16-2009   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Peppers to Patriots?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Its gonna suck for us to play them next season if this is true
Old 03-16-2009   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peppers to Patriots?

It's gonna suck for them too.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

That would not be good for teams in the AFC. Peppers is a force.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
That would not be good for teams in the AFC. Peppers is a force.
Peppers on one side and Seymour on the other? Geez, that is a scary thought. Kind of like imagining Mario on one side and Peppers on the other. To bad we don't have an owner that likes to go after big time players in free agency.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Peppers on one side and Seymour on the other? Geez, that is a scary thought. Kind of like imagining Mario on one side and Peppers on the other. To bad we don't have an owner that likes to go after big time players in free agency.
He's not a free agent and he's going to be expensive as hell. Probably much more expensive than he's worth.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
He's not a free agent and he's going to be expensive as hell. Probably much more expensive than he's worth.
You're right and I forgot because he was supposed to be one but got tagged and now is being dealt.

I don't think he'll be to expensive though personally, when you imagine how destructive the Texans could be with both DE's. I knew the Texans wouldn't have gone after him though so I'm just venting a bit. We'll have to see what the Patriots restructure him at if this goes down and then we can decide whether or not if he was to expensive. I'll bet my money on the fact that if this does happen that the Pats will get him for a good price. I can't think of any deals that the Pats did in recent years where they over paid for any player unless he got hurt or something.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #7
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

My good buddy is a huge die hard Boston fan. Its like it continuously rains awesome on him. Heck even the Bruins are one of the best teams in hockey.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2009   #8
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO I think Peppers is stupid for wanting to move onto a 3-4 defensive team. If he does sign with the Pats, will he start? They have Ty Warren and Richard Seymour, who when healthy, dominate on D at the DE positions.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
IMO I think Peppers is stupid for wanting to move onto a 3-4 defensive team. If he does sign with the Pats, will he start? They have Ty Warren and Richard Seymour, who when healthy, dominate on D at the DE positions.
Peppers could play a little OLB if the Pats wanted him to. Have Warren play the end spot when Peppers is not playing OLB.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #10
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Peppers would be one of the starting OLBs if this trade happens.
Old 03-16-2009   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
My good buddy is a huge die hard Boston fan. Its like it continuously rains awesome on him. Heck even the Bruins are one of the best teams in hockey.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #12
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats basically all I have to hang my hat on when we debate.... him losing in the Super Bowl and not making it to the world series the year before. Can you say..... Spoiled.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #13
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

If this is true their defense becomes sick again
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #14
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You're right and I forgot because he was supposed to be one but got tagged and now is being dealt.

I don't think he'll be to expensive though personally, when you imagine how destructive the Texans could be with both DE's. I knew the Texans wouldn't have gone after him though so I'm just venting a bit. We'll have to see what the Patriots restructure him at if this goes down and then we can decide whether or not if he was to expensive. I'll bet my money on the fact that if this does happen that the Pats will get him for a good price. I can't think of any deals that the Pats did in recent years where they over paid for any player unless he got hurt or something.
Reports are saying that he's going to be valued at around the 2nd round pick from the Pats (34th) that they acquired from the Chiefs. Thats a fair outlay to begin with, then there is the cap munching numbers on his contract. He is not going to be cheap. That said, the Patriots front office more often than not hit big with their off season work, he may cost a bit, but I'll guess now his impact on them will have been worth it by this time next year if it all goes through.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark my words on this. Whether they acquire Peppers or not, we're going to destroy New England when we play them next year.
Old 03-16-2009   #16
Big Poundcake
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Big Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden cover

If it only cost them their pick that they got from KC, then it would be a great deal for the Pats.

Peppers can still play and somehow I think that NE will find a way to get everything they can out of Peppers.

As a Texans fan, I don't really care too much either way.
Big Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #17
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

if its the Chief's 2nd Rounder, that is quite a coup by the Patriots.

if the price is that low, the Texans should think long and hard about talking trade. i'd give the Panthers the Texans 2nd Rounder and next year's 3rd Rounder and switch 1st Rounders with the Panthers for Peppers ala the Schaub deal just nerfed a bit

That would give them the draft slots and a mid 2nd Rounder and another one next year, while allowing them to move a few slots up in the 1st Round.

Peppers and Williams > Peppers and Seymour
Old 03-16-2009   #18
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

if the price is that low, the Texans should think long and hard about talking trade. i'd give the Panthers the Texans 2nd Rounder and next year's 2nd Rounder and switch 1st Rounders with the Panthers for Peppers.

That would give them the draft slots and a mid 2nd Rounder and another one next year, while allowing them to move a few slots up in the 1st Round.

2 likely starters, and the trade down in the first. Ouch. That's a lot of talent to give up for a guy nearing 30. Especially when we just gave a guy 7 mil/year to play that spot.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
2 likely starters, and the trade down in the first. Ouch. That's a lot of talent to give up for a guy nearing 30. Especially when we just gave a guy 7 mil/year to play that spot.
yeah upon further review i changed it to a 2nd rounder in 2009 and a 3rd rounder in 2010 and give up the draft spots for him. I don't think the Antonio Smith deal should effect our interest in Peppers. You need a stable of DL talent. Imagine if you put Peppers and Smith on the end and put Mario as inside rush at DT on pass rushing downs...and you need to have depth to compete in this league. You get a crew and if costs a little extra, so be it. I'll pay an extra .50cents a beer if it meant we had Peppers to help free up Mario. If you were to add a Maleauga/Cushing/Jenkins/etc. and Peppers to our DL in the 1st 2 rounds, it would be the greatest offseason ever.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 03-16-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #20
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

if the price is that low, the Texans should think long and hard about talking trade. i'd give the Panthers the Texans 2nd Rounder and next year's 3rd Rounder and switch 1st Rounders with the Panthers for Peppers ala the Schaub deal just nerfed a bit

I'm pretty sure the Panthers do not have a first round pick this year due to trading up to get Otah last year. Philly has their 1 so switching picks in the 1st is impossible. If the Patriots (or anyone) get Peppers and don't have to give up a first round pick that is a heck of a deal.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read