Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-03-2005   #161
SESupergenius

He had a few problems in his Sophmore year, nothing really major, just overreacting on the field. I don't think he got arrested or was in trouble with the law. Did he have any problems last year? I think the Sophomore incident is whats keeping his stock down but he's had a year to mature past that and has grown up a bit.
Old 02-03-2005   #162
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

he kicked a player in the face
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #163
SESupergenius

Once again, that incident was in his Sophomore year, I think he grew up a bit after that incident. Did he have any problems last year? If my behavior was judge by my employer when I was a Sophomore, I'd still be washing cars like Fiddy!
Old 02-03-2005   #164
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I could see vinny taking Kevin Burnett LB 6-3, 235 Tennessee with his next pick.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #165
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

If we're handicapping Vinny's pick, I'd put Demarcus Ware as the favorite with Cedric Houston as a darkhorse.
Old 02-03-2005   #166
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I say he goes with either TE Kevin Everett out of Miami, or he picks up Barrett Ruud LB Nebraska.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #167
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
If we're handicapping Vinny's pick, I'd put Demarcus Ware as the favorite with Cedric Houston as a darkhorse.
Lucky got it right. Must be some sort of inside knowledge. j/k
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2005   #168
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

You can tell Lucky has read a few of my posts. I lived up in TN for a while and became a bit of an SEC fan, so I follow Ole Miss quite a bit and have really liked Houston when I have gotten a few glimpses of him. TN backs have done pretty well in the NFL over the years and Houston has great size and speed.

Also, Ware passed my bean bag/sing-along agility test with high marks...had to take him.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #169
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Also, Ware passed my bean bag/sing-along agility test with high marks...had to take him.
I heard that the Texans passed on Shawn Andrews last year because during the 2.5 hour test he ate the beanbag.
Old 02-03-2005   #170
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I heard that the Texans passed on Shawn Andrews last year because during the 2.5 hour test he ate the beanbag.
Can't blame the big guy. A man gets hungry answering questions all day. Mmmm beanbag.
Old 02-03-2005   #171
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I figured Burnett would be going soon...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #172
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

great job everyone making your selections, I think this is the best "with trades" Mock draft out there. Proud to be a Texan

sesupergenius- I like what you've done with that trade to the Packers. You've picked up a young CB, while still raw, eventually may prove to be a more productive pro in the long run than Rolle and to add insult to injury chose the one QB I've heard rumored to be the Packers choice in the 1st rd (Charlie Frye). I'm keeping a close eye on you

Last edited by beerlover; 02-03-2005 at 11:38 PM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #173
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24423 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

The Detroit Lions are looking to trade down from the #52 pick. PM me with an offer, if you're interested.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #174
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I know I picked the guy for the Saints, but does Darryl Blackstock seem suitable if Houston was able to nab him in the 2nd? Great pass rusher, improved against the run, pretty good speed to cover and played in a 3-4 at Virginia. Would he be able to play Foremans ILB spot? (I think he was OLB in college?)

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #175
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Based on this profile from NFLDraftCountdown,

Quote:
Weaknesses: A liability versus the run...Not a natural in coverage...Lacks fluid hips...Doesn't change direction well...Plays in a 3-4 defense that is perfectly tailored to his skills and may need to be in a similar scheme in the pros.
it doesn't seem to me he'd be a prototype ILB...
Old 02-03-2005   #176
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
I know I picked the guy for the Saints, but does Darryl Blackstock seem suitable if Houston was able to nab him in the 2nd? Great pass rusher, improved against the run, pretty good speed to cover and played in a 3-4 at Virginia. Would he be able to play Foremans ILB spot? (I think he was OLB in college?)
i doubt he goes 2nd round to the Texans, maybe later in the 2nd like to the Saints. if he is still around later in the 3rd they might, just depends on who they already drafted. from what I see the Texans will target one of the top linebackers off the board early so there will probably be other needs to be addressed at that time.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005   #177
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24423 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

It would seem that Dime's 24 hours of fame are up.

Texasguy346, you're up.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005   #178
Lucky

If there's a player you're interested in at the Colts pick (#60), let me know soon.
Old 02-08-2005   #179
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we skip the Falcons already. It's been 24 hours.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #180
Lucky

Steel Blue, if you're interested in my pick let me know now. If Fiddy gives me the go ahead, I'm making the pick and getting this mock rolling.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read