Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-30-2005   #141
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless somebody drafts the palyer I'm targeting, the Cowboys will be open to entertaining offers for a trade down.

PM me offers and I'll let ya know.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005   #142
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, it's been 24 hours. I guess, you're up Grid.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005   #143
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Fiddy sent me a PM saying I was up ..but I think I beat him to the punch.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005   #144
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Fiddy,

How about you start picking slugs for those that miss their pick?
Old 01-30-2005   #145
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Well Fiddy sent me a PM saying I was up ..but I think I beat him to the punch.
Yeah, yall are killing me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie
Hey Fiddy,

How about you start picking slugs for those that miss their pick?
I'll give the Raiders one more hour, then I'll pick for them...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005   #146
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Detroit's looking to trade down. PM me if you're interested in moving up.
Old 01-30-2005   #147
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Did you consider Thurman or Crowder with your pick? Just wondering because you had said something about making Shazor a LB.

Castillo seems like he could be a good NT type. Any consideration?
I had a list of guys I would have taken at this pick. I have another choice close (#47 overall) so I won't say right now, but I will tell you that I was thinking Canty would not be there at my next pick and Shazor had an outside shot, so I would have taken Canty over Shazor anyway. I think both guys will be players at the next level.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2005   #148
SESupergenius

Who is the Giants owner?
Old 02-01-2005   #149
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Who is the Giants owner?
well, swtbound07 is the owner and he hasnt been on in 3 weeks so I asked beerlover if he would pick for them.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #150
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I'm looking for someone in the 40s who wants to trade down for my 2nd and 3rd round pic. If you are interested sent me a private message.
F-minus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #151
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I was surprised to see Chris Kemoeatu, OG, of Utah, go before Marcus Johnson OG Ole Miss.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #152
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
I was surprised to see Chris Kemoeatu, OG, of Utah, go before Marcus Johnson OG Ole Miss.
hey whats up DC

just fired off e-mail to Drew @ the Huddle, he has 5 OT's going in the 1st round with the Texans selecting Jammal Brown with the 13th pick, while passing on these defensive studs
\
  • Pac Man
  • Dan Cody
  • Marcus Spears
in our own Mock as you mentioned both will be starting OG's for along time, as fans it seems however that we don't rate offensive linemen high enough with only 2 tackles & 2 guards in the 1st round. the second round already there have been 2 tackles & 1 guard selected in the 1st 12 picks. somewhere between reality must exist
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #153
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
hey whats up DC

just fired off e-mail to Drew @ the Huddle, he has 5 OT's going in the 1st round with the Texans selecting Jammal Brown with the 13th pick, while passing on these defensive studs
  • Pac Man
  • Dan Cody
  • Marcus Spears
5 OT's?

I dont think so. The only ones I see going round 1, are Brown, Barron, Terry, and MAYBE Khalif Barnes, whos stock seems to be on the rise from the senior bowl. The rest seem to be lower tier talent.

But I am just a fan and not a draft guru.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #154
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
a draft guru.
I think we'll see a chupacabra before we'll ever see a draft guru.

Mel Kiper
Old 02-02-2005   #155
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...The only ones I see going round 1, are Brown, Barron, Terry, and MAYBE Khalif Barnes...
Bama's Wesley Britt could go late 1st if he bounces back from his leg injury. He's certainly not a lower tier talent.
Old 02-02-2005   #156
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Drew has just come out with a new Mock and in it only three OT's now make the 1st round & no guards. the Texans select TE Heath Miller, Marcus Spears goes #2 to the Dolphins and Derrick Johnson falls to the Chiefs @ 15.

If this scenero happens maybe you'd think the Texans draft Derrick Johnson instead & see what Bennie Joppru can do, maybe we all just had to wait a couple of years for a reason that could really pay off, now the Texans can address another need instead of a Heath Miller.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #157
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
If this scenero happens maybe you'd think the Texans draft Derrick Johnson instead & see what Bennie Joppru can do...
I think the Texans vets will begin their off season conditioning program prior to the draft (late March?). I'm sure there will be eyes trained on Joppru to see how he is coming around. Even if Joppru looks ready to go, that doesn't mean the Texans won't find a TE in the draft at some point. The position would just become less of a priority.
Old 02-02-2005   #158
SESupergenius

Quote:
Kemoeatu is probably one of the best run blocking pure guards in the draft. I was debating drafting Johnson but felt he was more inclined to be a Tackle, which the Cards really don't need. The Senior Bowl is all fine and good, but sometimes we get too wrapped up into 1 game to look at other talent that are underclassmen. Utah ran the ball well last year and its hard not to give credit to the line, which KeMo was an integral part. The Senior Bowl should not be the measuring stick to draft a player, it's just one aspect over the career of a college athlete.
Old 02-02-2005   #159
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Kemoeatu is a great run blocking OG ala David Dixon of the Vikings. The problem with him is that he is a serious headcase.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #160
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
The problem with him is that he is a serious headcase.
That wouldn't stop Denny Green from drafting Kemoeatu if he were the best player on their board.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read