Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-24-2005   #81
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm taking offers to trade down if anyone wants to PM me. I'm talking to a couple of teams now since a few offensive skill guys are still on the board.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #82
Dime
Hall of Fame

sent you one Vinny
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #83
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Got it. I'm doing some pick projections right now. I'll get back with you soon, thanks.

Old 01-24-2005   #84
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
The Chiefs reached big time for Marlin Jackson. I think Carlos Rogers is the 3rd best CB in the draft...
I don't think it was that much of a reach, if a reach at all. I did consider, strongly, taking Rogers and would have been happy with him, but took Jackson because I think he could start right away, not that Rogers couldn't. I know that's not saying much considering the Chiefs defense. I think it also may help that he practiced against Braylon Edwards and Steve Breaston, plus he has some versatility given that he has played some safety.

I looked at Browner too, but he is a bit raw, and the Chiefs need help now. I also considered seeking a trade down given the number of quality corners available, but in the words of John McClain, decided not to try and get cute. Given the choice I would have preferred Jones over Jackson or Rogers.
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #85
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJedi
I don't think it was that much of a reach, if a reach at all. I did consider, strongly, taking Rogers and would have been happy with him, but took Jackson because I think he could start right away, not that Rogers couldn't. I know that's not saying much considering the Chiefs defense. I think it also may help that he practiced against Braylon Edwards and Steve Breaston, plus he has some versatility given that he has played some safety.

I looked at Browner too, but he is a bit raw, and the Chiefs need help now. I also considered seeking a trade down given the number of quality corners available, but in the words of John McClain, decided not to try and get cute. Given the choice I would have preferred Jones over Jackson or Rogers.
Ok, I see where you came from...

The Chiefs are the reason I traded up. I knew you would probably go CB with Davis off the board so I had to trade up to make sure I got Pac-Man (by far the greatest nickname in American sports)...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #86
Dime
Hall of Fame

Looking for a possible trade down for additional picks. I would not mind late 1st round pick for my 23rd pick, if I also got a second round as well.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #87
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
Now that the Superbowl match-up is set, do the Steelers get the 30th pick instead of #32?

28 San Diego 12-4 .477
29 Indianapolis 12-4 .500
30 Pittsburgh 15-1 .484
31S Philadelphia 13-3 .453
32S New England 14-2 .492

ps. nice work by all you would be GM's
draft selection order still needs amended for accuracy.....so far everyone seems to be having fun & keeping on track in a timely manner with solid takes. Great job to Vinny & Fiddy for keeping things updated. At this pace the 1st round will be completed well before the Superbowl, since the Patriots are 6 1/2 point favorites & defending Superbowl champs I suggest order as posted above. thanks y'all
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2005   #88
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Is Atlanta picking before San Diego?

We need to get the full 3 round order up.

Old 01-24-2005   #89
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19807 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Is Atlanta picking before San Diego?

We need to get the full 3 round order up.
Vinny,

Check page 3 of this thread. I put one up & made what I believe are the right corrections for the picks that weren't settled at the time Draft Blitz.com posted it on their site.

However, it doesn't reflect the trades made in our mock thus far, or yesterday's game results.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #90
Vinny
shiny happy fan

ok, thanks.

I'll just copy it, move it to an easy to see place and adjust for our trades.

Old 01-24-2005   #91
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I think I have it right. I am color coding the trades so that each trade partner has the same color key. I put it in the prospect thread that is pinned to the top of this forum. Let me know if its funky. Thanks for the help.

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...72&postcount=4

Old 01-24-2005   #92
dbo78912
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to dbo78912

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Chaun Thompson at ROLB is a strong point?

Your strong points are RB, TE, DL, S.
Thompson didn't do so bad in his first year of starting. Give him time.
Old 01-24-2005   #93
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

cant say I agree with that pick Fiddy. Duce will be the RB there for seasons to come.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #94
SESupergenius

Is there a Bills owner?
Old 01-25-2005   #95
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 70964 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Go ahead. Im ready for the flood of criticism that I should have taken a OT.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #96
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
cant say I agree with that pick Fiddy. Duce will be the RB there for seasons to come.
Are you talking about my pick Grid?
Old 01-25-2005   #97
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

yah I was .. it was late and I just saw Fiddys name on the post showing the pick hehe.
Old 01-25-2005   #98
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, ok. Well the reason I picked Cadillac is because Bettis might not be back next year, and Staley just finished his 8th season and has had some injury issues and to give the steelers running game a different dimension. With Bettis and Staley you have more size and power running, I figured Cadillac would bring a little more speed to the run game and if Bettis does not return they will need another RB anyway. The only other spot I could think of the Steelers would need help at is at the CB spot.
Old 01-25-2005   #99
Grid
Hall of Fame

Well they could use a TE imo. as for CB.. that WAS a need for them.. but the changes with the 5 yard rule has actually made their CB set fairly strong with their zone coverage.

As for Cadillac.. the Steelers have been using a power running game for more than a decade now.. maybe longer than that, id have to check. Anyway.. I dont see them changing their smashmouth ideals and going with a speedy RB who is less likely to wear down an opposing defense.

jmo
Old 01-25-2005   #100
texan279
Hall of Fame

Yeah I know. I just figured with Cadillac they could mix up their running game a bit. Now that I think about it I maybe should have looked for a QB because after watching Big Ben's last 2 games, I don't know if he is all he has been cracked up to be...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read