Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-21-2005   #21
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
There was a rumor I read that had the Vikings trading Randy Moss to the Raiders for the Raiders first and Phillip Bucannon, I'll try to find it later...
it was on si.com the 10 spot or something. I read that too. But I dont know.

Also, this trade is crazy. The cardinals need a RB, and Benson is still on the board, along with Williams. And I dont understand who the pack are looking for. Maybe Erasmus James...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #22
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Also, this trade is crazy. The cardinals need a RB, and Benson is still on the board, along with Williams. And I dont understand who the pack are looking for. Maybe Erasmus James...
You should figure out any second now. I think it was great for both teams. But I am the commish so I have the inside scoop...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #23
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Also, this trade is crazy.
I think it's a good trade. The Cards can still get a RB like Morency in the late 1st, early 2nd. They need more than just one guy. With the big WRs in the NFC North (Moss, Roy W., & now Mike W.), Rolle would be a great pickup for the Pack.
Old 01-21-2005   #24
fresno8
Veteran

Looking to trade my other 2nd round pick for 2 3rd rounders
Old 01-21-2005   #25
SESupergenius

I will tell you the Cards thinking after the draft.
Old 01-21-2005   #26
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

this Mock or course has limitations that being you have to work with 3 rounds only (this year) you can't add less meaningfull late round picks & possibly more meaningfull next years picks. the move is brilliant for the Cards they can still get one of the better DE's with the 1st then a RB with the second plus another solid 2nd & 3rd round pick. the packer secondary was exposed because of lack of pass rush, Ahmad Carroll didn't have a Aaron Glenn teaching the rookie tricks of the trade which really helped Dunta, I think he will be fine in 2-3 years. with the strong CB group I don't think he was worth selling the whole draft for, the packers have many more needs....
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #27
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
...with the strong CB group I don't think he was worth selling the whole draft for, the packers have many more needs....
The Pack picked up the Saints 2nd round pick in the Mike McKenzie deal. So they still have quite a bit of draft left. Carroll will always be at a disadvantage physically against guys like Moss & Roy. Not so with Rolle. Other than Favre's eventual replacement, this was Green Bay's biggest need.
Old 01-21-2005   #28
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Carroll will always be at a disadvantage physically against guys like Moss & Roy. Not so with Rolle.
I don't know anything about college ball but I have read that Rolle doesn't have the speed to keep up with WR's like those, but I dunno, never seen him play and can't believe everything you read I guess...
Old 01-21-2005   #29
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. There were to many good CB's in this years draft to jump up for rolle. The packs #1 need was QB. 2nd was DE. CB was one of the last needs, and thats just for depth.

And I dont think Danny would pass up a chance to get Benson/Brown/Williams, for his offense.

JMHO.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #30
Lucky

Well, the QBs were gone after the 1st 2 picks. And even though the Pack collected 40 sacks this season, they allowed the most TD passes (33). That tells me that CB isn't the last of their needs. Batman Carroll is one of the fastest stopwatch players in the NFL. But he can't cover big WRs like Moss or Roy Williams. Rolle is as proven a CB that has come into league in a while. If you play Cover 2 as much as Green Bay does, you can get away with a CB that doesn't have top speed. Maybe there's some question about Rolle's off the field issues, but on paper this pick fills a need for the Pack and they get good value.
Old 01-21-2005   #31
fresno8
Veteran

Quote:
I agree. There were to many good CB's in this years draft to jump up for rolle. The packs #1 need was QB. 2nd was DE. CB was one of the last needs, and thats just for depth.

And I dont think Danny would pass up a chance to get Benson/Brown/Williams, for his offense.

JMHO.
The Pack's d-line though not spectacular is solid, w/ KGB, Grady Jackson, Cletius Hunt (if he gets his act together). The top two QB's were gone and they don't need anything else on offense other than maybe a OG to replace Rivera in a few years. Back to the deffense. They have Barnett and Diggs at LB (could use a replacement for Navies, but Derrick Johnson was gone). They have one good saftey in Sharper and a serviceable ones in Jue/Roman so taking Rolle was the way to go. Now they have Harris/Rolle w/ Carroll in the nickel/dime package (not bad) Can always pick a QB/DE in the 2nd
Old 01-21-2005   #32
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
The Pack picked up the Saints 2nd round pick in the Mike McKenzie deal. So they still have quite a bit of draft left. Carroll will always be at a disadvantage physically against guys like Moss & Roy. Not so with Rolle. Other than Favre's eventual replacement, this was Green Bay's biggest need.
I like Fresno, not trying to ride him but the only pick he has left is the Saints 2nd round pick after this deal. I quess it could work out, next year the Pack will have one of the top picks (maybe the 1st pick overall if Farve retires) then they can draft Leinart yeah thats the ticket
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #33
ComstockLode
Veteran

Wow this mock is not very good so far...Top 5 picks look good then it spirals downhill... Lol...

1. wags 49ers – Aaron Rogers, QB, Cal This is obvious definately the correct pick.

2.gwallaia Dolphins – Alex Smith, QB, Utah This definately could happen, but most would think it will be a running back here. Good Pick

3.DC_ROCK Browns - Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas Good pick

4.Grid Bears – Mike Williams, WR, USC Good Pick

5.D-ReK Buccaneers – Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn Would be a good pick, would he be picked ahead of benson and cadillac who are higher on pretty much everyones board?

6.ArlingtonTexan Titans – Alex Barron, OT, FSU I dont know about this pick, the titans have more pressing needs I thought...

7.ColdSteelBlue Raiders - Thomas Davis, S, Georgia I dont know where this pick comes from, because the raiders need all kinds of help on offense. No QB, no WR's, and no RB's. At this point in the draft you would assume you would go with one of the franchise type backs out there, and with benson lasting this long, it should have been an easy pick.

8.fresno8 Packers (from Cardinals) – Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami I like this move up by the packers, but the cardinals still need some key players on defense and offense, and in such a weak draft, I would think a pickup of antrel rolle or maybe a runningback would prevent the cardinals from trading this pick. Hell Benson and Cadillac are still available
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #34
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComstockLode
Hell Benson and Cadillac are still available
That is going to happen. Teams dont like taking RBs in the top 10 because they play the most greuling position on the field and longevity is always a question. Look at recent drafts. McGahee, with two torn ligaments in his knee, was the back taken in the 03 draft around 20 and Steven Jackson (who may be just as good as the RBs coming out this year) was the first back taken last year in the mid-20s...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 01-21-2005   #35
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm interested in trading down from the #10 pick, if anyone's interested.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #36
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

everyone loves to trade down .. honestly I dont see alot of trading down happening in this draft. It just isnt deep enough.. people are going to want a sure thing.. and unless you are going for a CB or an RB.. you probably are gonna want to stay put.

I could see the Thomas Davis pick happening because I think the Raiders are going to look to fix their RB problem in FA.. though I think they would really like to get a hold of a young QB, especially with all the success young QBs have been having in the league lately. They havent had a young QB in Oakland in forever.. and they are definatly hitting that rebuilding stage. I look for them to take a Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers if he falls to them.. or possibly trade up to grab one of them.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #37
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComstockLode
5.D-ReK Buccaneers – Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn Would be a good pick, would he be picked ahead of benson and cadillac who are higher on pretty much everyones board?
Brown is faster than Cadillac and has almost, if not as much power as Benson...The only knock I've heard on Brown is that he wasn't the main ball carrier at Auburn...

The main reason I chose Brown over Benson and Cadillac, though, is the fact that Brown fits better into the Bucs system...The RB in the Bucs' scheme basically plays the same role as DD plays in our offense...
Old 01-21-2005   #38
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Brown is faster than Cadillac and has almost, if not as much power as Benson...The only knock I've heard on Brown is that he wasn't the main ball carrier at Auburn...
And dont forget that Brown, arguably, had the best hands on the Aurburn team last year...

Old 01-22-2005   #39
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Plus since Brown and Williams split the carries at Auburn, neither has the wear that Benson has.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005   #40
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

Can I be in the Mock Draft

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read