Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-17-2005   #221
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans have Tank Williams though.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005   #222
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
The Titans have Tank Williams though.
That was another reason why I thought Brimmer would definately fall to me. They did have injury problems last year, and it never hurts to get a talented player like Jammal.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005   #223
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

OLB Rian Wallace is available. Wallace and Bullock would make a pretty good tandem. He might even be the best player available.
Old 02-17-2005   #224
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Oops, I thought one of you guys had the Titans. Got confused there.
Old 02-17-2005   #225
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's got the Saints, I've got the Bills and Bengals, and I believe ArlingtonTexan has the Titans. They're still on the clock now.
Old 02-17-2005   #226
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Yea, I thought ledzeppelin had the Titans. That's why I was wondering why he drafted Brimmer.
Old 02-17-2005   #227
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Yeah I got confused as well, but once I looked back at the selection thread I realized that I had accidentally confused ledzepplin and AT's teams. Either way I like the Brimmer pick. The Saints can use a playmaker no matter where he is on the field, but since he's in the secondary he's an excellent pick for them.
Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2005   #228
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like his time has elapsed. Go ahead and make your pick.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005   #229
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, that's it for me folks. This was my 1st mock draft & I learned some valuable lessons on how to play this game. I also learned a lot more about the prospects for this year's draft.

1) Justin Tuck (DE)
3a) Chris Spencer (C/OG)
3b) Robert McCune (MLB)
3c) James Butler (FS)
3d) Atiyyah Ellison (DT)

I was able to take 3 first day picks & convert them to 5 first day picks. Not bad for a rookie, if I must say so myself. I'm very pleased with my picks.

If Tuck continues to add muscle & gets up to around 280 lbs, he'll be a monster on the DL. With Rogers, Hall, Tuck, & Ellison on the DL, Detroit should have a fierce pass rush in the next couple of years.

While Spencer doesn't have a mean streak, he is a very intelligent player with great size, strength, & quickness. He also brings the versatility to play both guard positions & center. He'll most likely replace Loverne at LG. Thus, improving one of the best OL's in the NFL.

While McCune is a little old for a rookie, he's in fantastic shape, has incredible speed (4.42 40 yard dash) for a MLB, is very strong, & has been very productive. His military training & discipline should help him prolong his career. Sandwiched between Lehman & Davis, McCune will give Detroit one of the best, young linebacking trios in the league.

SS is a greater need position than FS, but when I missed out on Shazor & Donte Nicholson, I decided to take the best FS left on the board. Butler is a very intelligent player that excels in pass coverage, as well as run support. He's a playmaker with a lot of upside. My plan for a SS would be to draft OLB Tyjuan Hagler in the 4th or 5th round & convert him to SS. He's 6'2" 230lbs & runs a 4.49 40 yard dash. He's very quick, strong, aggressive, & likes to hit. A SS in a LB's body. Don't come across the middle.

Atiyyah Ellison gives us some youth at the left DT position. Wilkerson is 32 y/o & Pritchett is 36 y/o. Ellison has real good size, with the frame to get bigger. He's got excellent speed, quickness, strength, & athletic ability.

Oh well, that's my opinion anyway.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005   #230
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this draft over yet? It's been almost 2 days since the last pick was made.

Even the mods have stopped updating it.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005   #231
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess D-Rek can jump over ThirdEyeBC32 and pick when he's ready.
Old 02-20-2005   #232
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

I'm not in the mock draft because I'm not online often enough, but I have looked though all of the picks and through the lists of possible players, and I am surprised to see that noone has even mentioned WR Jerome Mathis out of Hampton U. He is considered one of the top small school WR's. He had a great game at the Gridiron Classic scoring 2 TD's, one a reverse that went about 40 yards and the other was on a long pass. I think he is considered a 2nd round pick or maybe even a 3rd at the lowest, so it confuses me that he isn't even mentioned.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005   #233
trutexan67
Rookie

I heard the same thing.
trutexan67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read