Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-15-2009   #1
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Name your 4th round & later Sleeper Picks Contest

Everyone already knows about the guys that are projected to go in the first 3 rounds, but what about the gems that come out of the later rounds? Those are the ones that get me excited & also show which team's scouting departments are doing their jobs.

So, in that spirit, let's play a little game. Of course, this is all subjective, but who cares? You'll need to pick one player at each of the following positions that will not, & does not, get picked before the 4th round. If they are selected before the 4th round, they are disqualified. All undrafted players count, but you get no points for them actually being drafted (see 1pt qualifications below). If you select multiple players at one position, only the first one listed counts. You can make changes as you go, but all your selections are final when the first player is selected in the draft.

QB
RB - fullback or tailback
WR - receiver or tightend
OL - center, guard, or tackle
DL - tackle or end
LB
CB
S

That player will have to make a noticable impact on their team in the first year (thus, the subjectivity). That impact could include becoming a starter, making a game winning play, or just because you really believe he made a difference on the team.

The point system will go like this:

1pt) For each player actually drafted.
3pts) For each game your player actually plays in.
5pts) For each player that starts at least one game next year.
10pts) For each player that starts 3+ games next year.
15pts) For each player that starts on opening day.
20pts) For each player that makes the Pro Bowl.
25pts) For each player that makes a game winning play.
40pts) For each player that wins the DROY or OROY.
50pts) If your player is the MVP of the year.
100pts) If your player goes to the Superbowl & wins the MVP of the game.

Of course, you'll have to tally up your own points, because I 'aint gonna' do it & besides, the competitors will keep you honest.

Any takers? Let's find the real sleepers. I've got to go somewhere right now, but I'll be back to post my list later. Good luck.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Name your 4th round & later Sleeper Picks Contest

I am so in. Give me a while to make my picks.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

1a Chris Baker
1.b Antoine Caldwell
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009   #4
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in, this sounds fun.

QB - Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston State
RB - Andre Brown, North Carolina State
WR - Ramses Barden, Cal-Poly
TE - Shawn Nelson, Southern Miss
OL - Gerald Cadogan, Penn State
DL - Matt Shaughnessy, Wisconsin
LB - Daniel Holtzclaw, Eastern Michigan
CB - Domonique Johnson, Jackson State
S - Emanuel Cook, South Carolina
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=12

1. Conner Barwin OLB
2. Lawerence Sidbury OLB
3. Corry Sheets RB
4. Robert Ayers DE
4. Knighton DT
5. Erick Woods C/G
6. Quinn Johnson FB/TE/LB
7. Stephen McGee QB

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-15-2009 at 05:18 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=12

1. Conner Barwin OLB
2. Lawerence Sidbury OLB
3. Corry Sheets RB
4. Robert Ayers DE
4. Knighton DT
5. Erick Woods C/G
6. Quinn Johnson FB/TE/LB
7. Stephen McGee QB
Hey, uh, I dont think you understand the game here. We are supposed to pick a player from each position that will not be drafted until round four or below.

At least, thats how I read it. My bad if I was wrong.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

QB - Stephen McGee, Texas A&M
RB - Devin Moore, Wyoming
WR - Bear Pascoe, Fresno St
OL - A.Q. Shipley, Penn St
DL - Dorrell Scott, Clemson
LB - DeAndre Levy, Wisconsin
CB - Bradley Fletcher, Iowa
S - Courtney Greene, Rutgers
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2009   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I am in but no way I can get my picks in before next week, I have Brackets galore to fill out. Plus I have SXSW this week.
Old 03-15-2009   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

RB - fullback or tailback- Kyle Bell, RB Colorado State
WR - receiver or tightend - Kory Sperry. TE Colorado State
OL - center, guard, or tackle - A.Q Shipley, Center Penn State
DL - tackle or end - Khalif Mitchell, DT East Carolina

Last edited by beerlover; 03-16-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: get prepared to be Ram'ed
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #10
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, here are my picks. Good luck to everyone.

QB - Mike Reilly (Central Washington)
RB - Bernard Scott (Abilene Christian)
WR - Marko Mitchell (Nevada)
OL - Raphael Nguti (Albany)
DL - Chris Baker (Hampton)
LB - Lee Robinson (Alcorn State)
CB - DeWayne Lewis (Southern Utah)
S - Chris Clemons (Clemson)

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read