Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 205022 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Reeves right pick for Rick

Evidently, Rick Smith is quite content with the deal they got from the Girls with Reeve being the top interception (4) and deflection (19) producer. My guess, part of the optimism for improving Reeves' "burn" rate, is that the new D philosophy will concentrate on agressive pass rush, which in turn will lend itself to a heavier "press" than tampa 2 scheme (as was at one time suggested by threetoedpete). At the same time, the Girls are hoping for a decent "return" on their loss through compensatory pick.

[LINK]
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009   #2
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reeves right pick for Rick

nice find.

very good to hear he is working out diligently, and sees the Texans as hungry and wanting to improve.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Reeves said the mentality in Houston was not only different, but noticeable from the first day he arrived.

"Yeah, we've got a good young team. We're hungry," Reeves said of the Texans, who went 8-8 last year. "The thing I saw when I got down there in Houston, rather than Dallas, we were a young, hungry team. It was real obvious that everyone there was working to get better. It was obvious."
Great attitude ! I like it.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

part of Reeves offseason program , I hear

Start out like this

and then a one and a two and and one and a two

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I think with Wilson acting as Reeves' rear view mirror the whole season along with an improved pass rush we'll see the people who bash Reeves on here eat their words. Like it or not, he was our best CB last season and he's only gonna get better.
Old 03-14-2009   #6
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Some stats on Reeves from STATS, Inc. on McClain's blog:

Reeves better than you think
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAddict View Post
Some stats on Reeves from STATS, Inc. on McClain's blog:

Reeves better than you think
From that article:

Quote:
By the way, Finnegan, who went to the Pro Bowl for the Titans, didn't allow a touchdown even though 91 passes were thrown at him.
I thought I remember Andre catching a TD over Finnegan. Am I wrong?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2009   #8
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94459 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I was pretty OK with Reeves last year. ANYTHING is better than Petey as a starting CB!! As has been stated on here numerous times, a better passrush will make our secondary look great.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
From that article:

I thought I remember Andre catching a TD over Finnegan. Am I wrong?
I am 100% sure I remember thsi as well. Maybe they attributed it to the S, but I don't buy it
Old 03-14-2009   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Great clips from McClain's article. Fans often don't see the production that doesn't show up in the boxscore:

Quote:
Anyway, here's an example of what I'm talking about, thanks to STATS, Inc.: How many touchdowns do you think Reeves allowed?

Three, tying him for 64th most in the league. Surprised? I am. He had 109 passes thrown at him, and he gave up only three touchdowns - the same as Dunta Robinson, who was thrown at 49 times.

Here are some defensive backs who had fewer passes thrown at them and surrendered more than twice as many touchdowns as Reeves: Ellis Hobbs (nine), Rod Hood (nine), Ronde Barber (eight), Dwight Lowery (eight), Nate Clements (seven), Deltha O'Neal (seven), Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (seven) and Marcus Trufant (seven).

Here are some defensive backs who allowed twice (six) as many touchdown passes as Reeves: Quentin Jammer, Lito Sheppard, Anthony Henry and Eric Green.

Here's the stat I find the most shocking: Reeves was thrown at 109 times, and he allowed 53 completions. That's a percentage of 48.6.

Check out some cornerbacks who had a lot of passes thrown at them and allowed a lot higher percentage of completions: Antonio Cromartie (69.0), Dre' Bly (67.0), Sheppard (65.9), Barber (64.9), Aaron Ross (64.6), Henry (64.0), Charles Tillman (63.9), Jammer (62.7), Trufant (60.2), Terance Newman (59.7), Cortland Finnegan (57.1), Clements (56.0), Rodgers-Cromartie (55.4) and Asante Samuel (52.8).
Quote:
Dunta Robinson, who played at about 90 percent after coming off the physically unable to perform list, was 33 of 49 for 67.3 percent and three touchdowns. Fred Bennett was 39 of 66 for 59.1 percent and three touchdowns.
Old 03-14-2009   #11
Ben Frank
Rookie

Rep Power: 1431 Ben Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

It suck's we might have to give up a draft pick, just because the cowboy's didn't want to re-sign him, how is that our fault? If that is the case I hope it's a 7th since that's the position he was drafted at.
Ben Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009   #12
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Frank View Post
It suck's we might have to give up a draft pick, just because the cowboy's didn't want to re-sign him, how is that our fault? If that is the case I hope it's a 7th since that's the position he was drafted at.
Do we give up a draft pick or are the Cowboys compensated a draft pick by the league?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009   #13
Ben Frank
Rookie

Rep Power: 1431 Ben Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
Do we give up a draft pick or are the Cowboys compensated a draft pick by the league?
IDK, that's a good question, I didn't think of it that way... I would be all for that
Old 03-14-2009   #14
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
we don"t give up a pick, extra picks are added into rounds, right?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

compensated by the league
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...6E069E017332AC

could be a 3rd to 7th rounder depending on whatever formula the league uses

per link .. cowboys hoping for a 4th (it won't let me cut and paste)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We don't lose anything. The Cowboys just gain something.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009   #17
Ben Frank
Rookie

Ok, my bad.. I must of skimmed thru that part, we'll that's good new's 2 me, I didn't see the point, and i would of hated to have lost a draft pick, especially to the cowgirls!

Thank's to every-one for clearing that up for me
Old 03-14-2009   #18
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

He was unrestricted right? How the hell does anyone owe the Cowboys anything?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
He was unrestricted right? How the hell does anyone owe the Cowboys anything?

It's explained in the initial link provided.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009   #20
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Reeves right pick for Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
part of Reeves offseason program , I hear

Start out like this

and then a one and a two and and one and a two

Where did you find this? is this really a workout?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read