Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-19-2005   #21
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID Send a message via Yahoo to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID

Lord do yall blow little things up for nothing. My whole point was that we are not aggresive enough on offense, not just in the Indy game.

When the Colts went into New England, there were several things that caused them to lose that ball game. The Patriots defense, I don't know what to say about it other than its good and they use so many schemes, its unreal, and maybe the most important is that the players beleive in the schemes. Not only do the Pats run that crazy no down lineman defense (and yes it has been used before, just ask John Madden when he saw it down in Miami in the second to last Monday Night game and just went crazy over it) but they mix up their coverages to where Peyton Manning doesn't know whats coming. They just don't play the Cover 2 on every third down or something like that. (And yes the Cover 2 does give up Big Plays in the seams. We don't know how to beat it) And New England's offense was its defense, the controlled the ball on offense in the 4th quater for like 10 minutes or somethin like that.

Lets put it this way. The Pats held the Colts to 3 points, and when we played them in Houston we held them to 24. Thats the differnce.
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #22
fresno8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
I also remember us running it every play in the 4th quater when we have a lead, even with 10 minutes left, and we lose because we weren't aggresive. That kind of play will lose us ball games most of the time, and it has. [/font] [/color] [/b]
Agreed, they play not to lose when we have a lead. That's inexcusable. Also we need to every now and then just fling it deep. Sometimes though Carr would just take a sack instead of chuck'n it deep, that's on him. Just another thing that will come w/ experience. However we are to conservative in our play calling, but a lot of that has to do w/ Capers and our O-line. Hopefully if we fix our o-line things will open up. And hopefully we'll go for the kill in the 4th quarter of games next year.
Old 01-21-2005   #23
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

haha its the same old stuff just a different day, i have seen carr have all day back there, and still dump it off to D.D. Blame who you'd like but it is carr not capers who doesnt throw it deep. He dont trust the line enough, and why should he !!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005   #24
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresno8
Agreed, they play not to lose when we have a lead. That's inexcusable. Also we need to every now and then just fling it deep. Sometimes though Carr would just take a sack instead of chuck'n it deep, that's on him. Just another thing that will come w/ experience. However we are to conservative in our play calling, but a lot of that has to do w/ Capers and our O-line. Hopefully if we fix our o-line things will open up. And hopefully we'll go for the kill in the 4th quarter of games next year.
and I have seen the opposite. Oilers blow a 35-3 lead running their offense ...and if I am not mistaked we had a top 3 defense to back that offense with Buddy Ryan at QB...Bottom line is that we are not a good team. Good teams know when the game is at hand, you can run the ball down the opponents throats even if the opponent knows what is coming..No one has complained to Jeff Fisher when the Titans were winning and they ran Eddie George down opponents throats to seal a game by keeping the clock moving and keeping the opponents offense off the field.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005   #25
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange
Yeah, throw it deep against Indy.

That is easy to say when you are not the QB that has to drop back behind the Texans' offensive line. They didn't give Carr enough time to throw it deep. You can't criticize Palmer for not going deep when you take into consideration the pathetic line play against Freeney and Mathis and the fact that Indy was sitting back in a cover 2 just waiting for a deep throw to be rushed. If Carr had better protection, then he would have been able (or at least would have had a chance) to go deep and take advantage of Indy's CB's.

Without protection from the offensive line, it would have been stupid and irresponsible to throw it deep against Indy.
Yup. What amazes me though . . . what really amazes me . . . is how many people have such a hard time comprehending that. Infantry is right . . . it has to be one of those 'playcalling' things.

When watching these playoff games, it is really fun to watch how ALL of the teams' offensive lines, even on the teams that have so been eliminated, like the Vikings, Rams, Seahawks, and Chargers . . . ALL of them had O lines that could contain a 4 man rush with having to use max-protect.

Isn't there anyone here who has noticed that besides me?

Last edited by Marcus; 01-22-2005 at 10:52 AM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005   #26
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Yup. What amazes me though . . . what really amazes me . . . is how many people have such a hard time comprehending that. Infantry is right . . . it has to be one of those 'playcalling' things.

When watching these playoff games, it is really fun to watch how ALL of the teams' offensive lines, even on the teams that have so been eliminated, like the Vikings, Rams, Seahawks, and Chargers . . . ALL of them had O lines that could contain a 4 man rush with having to use max-protect.

Isn't there anyone here who has noticed that besides me?
That's Why Casserly says we have to draft defensively this year....

Tongue in cheek..........................
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read