Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-11-2009   #1
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who would you want?

Since there isn't really a whole lot going on about the Texans, and this has been on my mind for the past week or so, I thought I'd ask everyone else and see what y'all think..

If the Texans could get any player from any other team in the NFL, who would you like to see them pick up? Don't think about salaries or trades or anything like that, just completely hypothetical, who would you want on this team?
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Who would you want?

Ed Reed or Polamalu. No doubt about it.
Old 03-11-2009   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Larry Fitzgerald.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Peppers...
Old 03-11-2009   #5
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

VY.

Or Polamalu. The age gives him the nod over Reed.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Peppers is pushing 30, you're not going to get much out of him.

Polamalu is hard to pass up... I'd also throw LaRon Landry out there, because he's very young also.

Much as I ***HATE*** him, Jared Allen is only in his mid-20s, and is showing no signs of slowing down.

Nnamdi Asomugah would be tough to pass up... Haloti Ngata...

In the end, I'd probably go with Landry. I love Polamalu, but I'd try to get a player with huge upside who is still in his early 20s.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Peppers still game though.
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2009   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #9
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

Polamalu is hard to pass up... I'd also throw LaRon Landry out there, because he's very young also.

Much as I ***HATE*** him, Jared Allen is only in his mid-20s, and is showing no signs of slowing down.

In the end, I'd probably go with Landry. I love Polamalu, but I'd try to get a player with huge upside who is still in his early 20s.
Landry was one of the top 3 players I had in mind, along with Asomugah or Big Al Haynesworth in a contract year. Loved him at LSU, and it's a shame what happened to Sean Taylor, those two would have been scary for a long time up in Washington.
Old 03-11-2009   #10
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Donavan Mcnabb=superbowl....

although I somewhat believe the above, more seriously, ed reed.....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton Manning.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #12
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Peyton Manning.
Oh, your bad....

Old 03-11-2009   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
Oh, your bad....
I was going to put Tom Brady as well but who knows how he'll be after that knee surgery.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #14
pbat488
gig 'em

Quote:
I was going to put Tom Brady as well but who knows how he'll be after that knee surgery.
If the Pats are confident enough to let Cassel go, they gotta have a good feeling about how he is going to come back... at least that's what common sense dictates.
Old 03-11-2009   #15
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Quote:
haha, well it would have been outside of the division at least. Matt reminds me of Tom, a bit quicker though, not much, but a bit.

Old 03-11-2009   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Troy Polamalu. Strong Safety, would elevate the play of our secondary and entire defense. I think he would have the most effect on our team than any other player.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #17
Big Poundcake
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Big Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden cover

DE Jared Allen.
Big Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

Ah, Chris if you want to go with a younger guy than I think Michael Griffin would be a much better choice than Landry. He has done better in the NFL since they both came in and Griffin was also better in college. I never understood why Landry was hyped up as much as he was over Griffin that year.

For me, since the Texans need defense I would have to go with Troy Polamolu easily. He is the most dynamic defensive player in the league because he can rush the passer, stop the run, defend in coverage about as good as anyone, stop the screen outlets on the short pass, jump over the line, and just irritate the hell out of your entire offense. In both SB runs that the Steelers made, Polumolu made key INT's at the end of playoff games that were pretty much game clinching plays where the Steelers probably wouldn't have won in certain specific playoff games which would have killed those seasons where they won the SB. NOW THAT is the kind of player I want on the Texans.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #19
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Ah, Chris if you want to go with a younger guy than I think Michael Griffin would be a much better choice than Landry. He has done better in the NFL since they both came in and Griffin was also better in college. I never understood why Landry was hyped up as much as he was over Griffin that year.

For me, since the Texans need defense I would have to go with Troy Polamolu easily. He is the most dynamic defensive player in the league because he can rush the passer, stop the run, defend in coverage about as good as anyone, stop the screen outlets on the short pass, jump over the line, and just irritate the hell out of your entire offense. In both SB runs that the Steelers made, Polumolu made key INT's at the end of playoff games that were pretty much game clinching plays where the Steelers probably wouldn't have won in certain specific playoff games which would have killed those seasons where they won the SB. NOW THAT is the kind of player I want on the Texans.
But see, Landry hasn't had a dominant D-line like Griffin has. I'll take Landry over Griffin without hesitation.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009   #20
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob Sanders - healthy

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read