Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-16-2005   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95001 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Lightbulb Playoffs: Colts at Patriots

Snowstorm

Boston, January 16 - The National Weather service in Boston has issued a Winter Storm Warning for just about the time for kickoff in the Colts-Patriots game late this afternoon.

The weather service says visibility will be reduced to about a quarter of a mile with wind gusts above thirty miles an hour.

Snow could accumulate to as much as 8 inches.

The warning goes into effect at 3 o'clock. Kickoff is at 3:30. CST
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95001 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Slippery Game For Colts? Patriots Let Field Get Wet

Stadium grass left uncovered from rain, fog

Fog blanketed the field of Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass., on Thursday. The stadium's grass was uncovered Thursday and during rain earlier in the week. NFL rules say the field doesn't have to be covered until the day and night before a game if there is any chance of precipitation.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #3
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm at work in downtown Boston right now and did not see the weather, so thanks, I better leave before the snow comes
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #4
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON TO 6 AM EST MONDAY
This Afternoon...Cloudy with snow developing late in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs around 30. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph...Increasing to 10 to 20 mph this afternoon.

Tonight...Snow. Visibility one quarter mile or less at Times. Brisk with lows around 20. Storm total snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. North winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.

Have fun
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #5
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

One month left on the work contract, be back in the warmth soon enough (hopefully)
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
I love it! I love football played in cold weather!

So do I! BUT, something we will never see in Houston. I would LOVE to be there today!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #7
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
So do I! BUT, something we will never see in Houston. I would LOVE to be there today!!
I hate the cold weather and i'll take houston's hot and humid weather over that anyday, but I do think they make for good football games. If both teams are used to playing in that kind of weather.
Old 01-16-2005   #8
AndreJ
All Pro

I'm cheering for the Patriots and I like what I'm seein so far. The Colts had had a number of 3 and outs and Manning hasn't been able to do anything. Unfortunately their is plenty of time left in the game and anything could happen. I just hope New England can keep it up.

Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2005   #9
AndreJ
All Pro

It's been a number of times today where Jake Scott (The colts backup RT) has gotten beat and been called for penalties......... oooooooo nice play by the Bruschi that was nice, but i think they might challenge it.
Old 01-16-2005   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

NE 6 IND 3 heading into the half.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sweatin this one!! GOOOOO COLTS!!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #12
AndreJ
All Pro

Touchdown Pats Baby! Screw da Colts!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2005   #13
AndreJ
All Pro

The Patriots are giving it to Indy right now. Peyton can do jack right now.
Old 01-16-2005   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Weather worsning and so are the Dolts.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #15
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

So much for the cliche "Defense Wins Championships". Oh, wait a minute....
Old 01-16-2005   #16
AndreJ
All Pro

That was a beautiful catch by Faulk right there. Pats are really sticking it to Indy now, on both sides of the football.
Old 01-16-2005   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

No mystery to beating the Colts, just play them in a snowstorm.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #18
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
No mystery to beating the Colts, just play them in a snowstorm.
LoL, pretty much.

I've always wondered this, I've never been to a Texans game at the stadiium and i wanted to know if when the roof is open in Augusts, can you feel the heat and humidity inside the stadium. And do you think it plays a part on the opposing team even though the Texans practice in a bubble.
Old 01-16-2005   #19
texasguy346
Mod Squad

This game is even uglier for the Colts than the AFC Championship game was last year. If Peyton can't beat a NE team with lots of injuries what hope does he have against one at full strength in the future.
Old 01-16-2005   #20
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
This game is even uglier for the Colts than the AFC Championship game was last year. If Peyton can't beat a NE team with lots of injuries what hope does he have against one at full strength in the future.
none.

The Colts and Cheifs have proven exactly why you can't win a championship with a juggernaut offense and no D. Peyton will never win a superbowl ring as long as Indy only has an explosive offense and Dwight Freeney as the only playmaker on their team.

All in all next weeks game with the Pats @ Pittsburgh should be a good one. And will someone please tell me why Indy wasted their time challenging that fumble?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read