Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: favourite game
Green Bay 16 16.49%
Dolphins 3 3.09%
Jaguars MNF 35 36.08%
Titans 43 44.33%
Throttling the Bengals 0 0%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2009   #1
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What was your favorite game this season?

simple question.. just curious
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What was your favourite game this season?

DUN DUN DUN DUN MNF !!!!!!

it was christmas time they gave out free Battle red day shirts our first MNF in houston in a long time it was a night game and joy was in the air
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #3
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Green Bay...because I was there...on the 50 yard line.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

MNF because I attended that one.
Old 03-07-2009   #5
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked the Titans because of the rivalry but the Green Bay game and the MNF Jax game was a close tie for 2nd.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

This was hard. I really enjoyed the Bears game, too. Beating a team that was expecting to beat us and go to the playoffs was great.

The Titans game was excellent.

But, for me personally, it was the Jag game. It was the first time I'd been to a Houston Professional Football game when my team has won. It was a great experience.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I voted the Titans game because I just love it when we beat our old team and being one of their few losses this season was such a great feeling for me.
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2009   #8
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

I went for the MNF win. It was on T.V. in Engand, it was a great performance, and even Richard Smith couldn't give it away. The Titans game was a close second though.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #9
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Easily MNF. The beer was flowing. We were on tv beating on the wall. The Texans were dominating the Jags. We got up on the jumbotron several times. Hell, I even got a new avatar thanks to bullpenphotos.

I will never forget the Texans first Monday night game!

The Titans game was a close second because it gave us more backbone in the rivalry talk forum and adds to the fail that is the Titans 2008 season.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #10
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

1) green bay without a doubt
2) MNF / Tenn win (tie)
Old 03-07-2009   #11
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Miami, the greatest 4th quarter comeback in Texans history.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Easy one for me - Green Bay. It came at a time when I was convinced the Texans were simply incapable of winning on the road, unless the other team just giftwrapped it like in the Cleveland game.

Not only was it a win, but it had a great performance from Schaub, a couple of fantastic plays, a LONG drive near the end - and it ended with a clutch field goal. All on the road in a historically difficult building to win in - even if the Packers weren't great.

Very satisfying. Also - I watched it on a Tuesday on my DVR. I was out of town that weekend - and managed to avoid computers and sports shows - so I had NO IDEA the Texans had won the game... the people in my apartment complex must have been frightened at the sound of me screaming with joy at like 3 AM in the morning when the game ended for me. Heh.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #13
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

From the list above? Green Bay

From the season? Definitley Chicago. It was cold inside the stadium. It was loud, there were tons of Bear fans with playoff implications on the line. It had a playoff atmosphere, and it actually for once felt (temperature wise) like a real football game.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #14
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I voted the Titans game because I just love it when we beat our old team and being one of their few losses this season was such a great feeling for me.
The Titans were never my old team. The Oilers were. Now...the Texans are my team.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 219753 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
The Titans were never my old team. The Oilers were. Now...the Texans are my team.
Yeah, that's how I feel also. The Titans, for the most part, are just another division foe. For me I had to choose between Green Bay and the Jags MNF game. I went with the Jags because it was a good win, and we were on display for everyone to see that night which makes it sweeter.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #16
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69008 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What was your favorite game this season?

MNF. It was my first game, and we kicked the crap out of the Jags on national television.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #17
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
MNF. It was my first game, and we kicked the crap out of the Jags on national television.
I went to my first game too - the Detroit game. Good times. We sat where the Texans come out, so I got to see Dunta jumping up and down with excitement as that was his first game back.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #18
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

MNF (what a feeling, esp. after our last primetime debacle) and beating the Tacks. A close second was when the Titans got bounced out of the playoffs.

Others mentioned the Green Bay game but I'll simply second what DiehardChris said--great win for all of those reasons.
Old 03-07-2009   #19
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
From the list above? Green Bay

From the season? Definitley Chicago. It was cold inside the stadium. It was loud, there were tons of Bear fans with playoff implications on the line. It had a playoff atmosphere, and it actually for once felt (temperature wise) like a real football game.
i was thinking about it and finally decided beating kyle orton wasnt worthy of making the poll

the reason i asked was that i was really bored and was looking at our highlights on nfl.com and we played alot of great exciting games this yr and i thought it was pretty difficult to choose the best

in the end i picked GB too.. on a short week in crappy weather after mnf, it was the perfect storm for a team to mail it in butwe really showed alot of mettle to take it at the end by forcing GB out of a GWFG with a sack and then to march down the field for our own FG

but miami and the titans were a very close tied 2nd (also i recommend watching aj's highlights from that game plus slatons last run if you want to feel in the mood for football)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
MNF (what a feeling, esp. after our last primetime debacle) and beating the Tacks. A close second was when the Titans got bounced out of the playoffs.

Others mentioned the Green Bay game but I'll simply second what DiehardChris said--great win for all of those reasons.
Wasn't our last primetime game prior to the Jags game the great win against Denver on Thursday Night?
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read