Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-06-2009   #1
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Walter Mock

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

No complaints, at all.

1 Matthews OLB
2 Unger C/RG
3 M Hamlin SS
4 Shonn Greene RB

are you kidding me? BANK that. Championship for reals.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post

No complaints, at all.

1 Matthews OLB
2 Unger C/RG
3 M Hamlin SS
4 Shonn Greene RB

Some people aren't going to like the Matthews pick, but I'd take this draft.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like it too.

Unger in the mid-2nd ain't bad value at all.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #4
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Greene in the fourth? Not a chance in hell of that happening.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
exactly
Old 03-06-2009   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the Hamlin pick, I would like him or Chip vaughn
Old 03-06-2009   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There is actually talk that he may fall.

Apparently he has problems keeping his weight down and he didn't do that great in team interviews.

I still don't see him lasting through the third though.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2009   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it will ever happen - but depending on who else was available at 46, I would do BACKFLIPS if we got Unger.

I don't know if it's possible that Eric Wood would last to us at 77, but I'd love him as an alternative if we don't look at Unger.

Now - if we picked up an extra 2nd, I could see the Texans maybe taking a C there.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

he also has us taking a DT with our second 4th (thanks sage)

window shopping.

1- Clay but i hate how it worked out tbh. trade down would be best
2- Louis Delmas, S, W Michigan
3-Antoine Caldwell, C, Alabama
4a-Andre Brown, RB, NC State
4b-Tyronne Green, G, Auburn
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #10
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can see him falling, he is an older back and a lot of teams will not be interested in him because.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #11
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 52 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

If we go linebacker then trade down.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #12
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I can see him falling, he is an older back and a lot of teams will not be interested in him because.
I agree I wouldnt be surprised at all to see him fall into the 4th round.

If we get Unger and Mathews I will be so happy i'll have to have plastic surgury to remove the smile from my face. They are perfect fits for this team IMO. I dont think any other OL in this draft fits the ZB scheme better than him.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #13
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

this is a better mock then he had up a few days ago with the texans taking maclin in the 1st
Old 03-06-2009   #14
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Time to cherry pick.

1 Matthews OLB
2 Unger C/RG
3 Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB,
4 Emanuel Cook, SS, South Carolina

That would be an incredible draft.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #15
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No complaints, at all.

1 Matthews OLB
2 Unger C/RG
3 M Hamlin SS
4 Shonn Greene RB

All good players, and I'd be happy if things fell this way. Especially the Hamlin/Greene picks.

Mathews is a bit of a reach, and has alot to prove, but I can see it happening.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #16
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No complaints, at all.

1 Matthews OLB
2 Unger C/RG
3 M Hamlin SS
4 Shonn Greene RB

I don't like Matthews in the 1st, he's not a 4-3 SLB, he's a 3-4 pass rushing LB or maybe a 4-3 WLB, he just doesn't fit at 4-3 SLB, he's never played in pass coverage. I'd much rather have Cushing in the 1st, I'm not totally sold on him either but at least he fits our system. I love the Unger and Hamlin picks, but I also think there's no way Greene last to the 4th round.

Last edited by Wolf6151; 03-06-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing to Bills English to Bears then says Bills could go English. great freaking great.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #18
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I don't like Matthews in the 1st, he's not a 4-3 SLB, he's a 3-4 pass rushing LB or maybe a 4-3 WLB, he just doesn't fit at 4-3 SLB, he's never played in pass coverage. I'd much rather have Cushing in the 1st, I'm not totally sold on him either but at least he fits our system. I love the Unger and Hamlin picks, but I also think there's no way Greene last to the 4th round.
You do realize the WILL LB is higher on the food chain then the SAM LB? So saying that Matthews is a WILL is actually saying his position is the higher desired position.

Now why is the WILL higher desired than the SAM? Because the SAM does not play in the nickle package, and teams play the nickle almost 50% of the defensive plays. An offense can scheme a SAM off the field, by going 3 wide and then your 1st round pick is on the bench watching.

So I say Matthews being able to play the WILL is a good thing. Also this team has not had a true WILL LB since we have gone to the 4-3, so it's time to draft one.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #19
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
You do realize the WILL LB is higher on the food chain then the SAM LB? So saying that Matthews is a WILL is actually saying his position is the higher desired position.

Now why is the WILL higher desired than the SAM? Because the SAM does not play in the nickle package, and teams play the nickle almost 50% of the defensive plays. An offense can scheme a SAM off the field, by going 3 wide and then your 1st round pick is on the bench watching.

So I say Matthews being able to play the WILL is a good thing. Also this team has not had a true WILL LB since we have gone to the 4-3, so it's time to draft one.
That may be true but if the Lions take Curry I'd bet you that Curry at SLB will be in on nickel packages. He and Ernie Sims both will be their nickel backers. Kind of scary if you ask me.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #20
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Time to cherry pick.

1 Matthews OLB
2 Unger C/RG
3 Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB,
4 Emanuel Cook, SS, South Carolina

That would be an incredible draft.
..and with our second 4th, a big rb
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read