Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009   #901
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

The Tennessee Titans & TimeKiller (#94) are on the clock!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-17-2009   #902
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Bud will order them to take Stephen Mcgee to get the Aggie support .
Old 03-17-2009   #903
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think Bud will order them to take Stephen Mcgee to get the Aggie support .
Or Quan Cosby... You can never have too many Longhorns.
Old 03-17-2009   #904
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Hmmmm....the Colts couldv'e used some other players still avaiable but okay. Honestly, don't know too much about him but thanks for making the pick....
King is a player.

He is kind of stuck between positions though. He will either be an undersized, athletic DT or a run stuffing DE.

I think he would do well as a 34 DE, but he actually isn't a bad pick for the Colts if they are staying with the Tampa 2 defense. That defense requires all your linemen to be able to pressure the QB, which King is capable of.
Old 03-17-2009   #905
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Or Quan Cosby... You can never have too many Longhorns.
We don't want them getting the good Longhorns though.

They already got Michael Griffin. We don't want them to get Cosby too.
Old 03-17-2009   #906
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
King is a player.

He is kind of stuck between positions though. He will either be an undersized, athletic DT or a run stuffing DE.

I think he would do well as a 34 DE, but he actually isn't a bad pick for the Colts if they are staying with the Tampa 2 defense. That defense requires all your linemen to be able to pressure the QB, which King is capable of.

Oh ok...I thought with Gundy retiring they would consider switching defensive schemes or change to a 3-4 since that seems to be the craze nowadays.

Last edited by Texan4Ever; 03-17-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-17-2009   #907
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh ok...I thought with Gundy retiring they would consider switching defensive schemes or change to a 3-4 sense that seems to be the craze nowadays.
When Jim Caldwell was introduced as the new head coach he said that they would not be changing schemes on offense or defense.
Sponsored links
Old 03-17-2009   #908
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just some FYI - the doctor thinks my fathers brain tumor is benign. He still has to have surgery, but still it's good news!

Thanks for your prayers and support.
Old 03-17-2009   #909
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Just some FYI - the doctor thinks my fathers brain tumor is benign. He still has to have surgery, but still it's good news!

I'm glad to hear he's ok.
Old 03-17-2009   #910
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Excellent news. Hope things go well.
Old 03-17-2009   #911
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Excellent news.
Old 03-17-2009   #912
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Excellent, now hopefully the tumor can be removed and your father can get back on his feet!
Old 03-17-2009   #913
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sorry to hear about your dad Shaft but this is great news!

Hang in there man.

Thanks to everyone who kept this thing rolling while I was out of town. We are 3 picks away from completing round 3. Here is the updated list. LINK.
Old 03-17-2009   #914
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Excellent, now hopefully the tumor can be removed and your father can get back on his feet!
We meet with the neurosurgeon on Monday. He is going to get an angiogram so they will be sure there won't be any complications. Supposedly they go up an arterie to get to the tumor. Scary stuff to me.
Old 03-18-2009   #915
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry for the delay.

The Tennessee Sister-Boinkers select:

WR Ramses Barden, Cal Poly 6-6, 225, 4.61

Not a fast guy but lots of production to go with that great size at Wideout. Probably starts from day 1.
Old 03-18-2009   #916
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Sorry for the delay.

The Tennessee Sister-Boinkers select:

WR Ramses Barden, Cal Poly 6-6, 225, 4.61

Not a fast guy but lots of production to go with that great size at Wideout. Probably starts from day 1.
Nice, I was going to suggest a WR with this pick. Derrick Williams from Penn St. or Ramses Barden from Cal Poly. Incredible!

Arizona up next, then me. I've got my pick ready so we're close to having 3 rounds complete!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Old 03-18-2009   #917
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
We meet with the neurosurgeon on Monday. He is going to get an angiogram so they will be sure there won't be any complications. Supposedly they go up an arterie to get to the tumor. Scary stuff to me.

Well if the treatment/surgery is in the Houston medical center area, they have some of the best neurosurgeons in the nation so your father is in good hands! Best of luck to him...
Old 03-18-2009   #918
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Arizona Cardinals select: Shone Green, RB Iowa State.
Old 03-18-2009   #919
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

The Arizona Cardinals select: Shone Green, RB Iowa.
Old 03-18-2009   #920
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
The Arizona Cardinals select: Shone Green, RB Iowa.
I was wondering when these next slew of RBs were going to start going. Looks like the Texans may have a shot at a good player in the 4th. Hightower/Green would be a good duo for the future.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read