Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2009   #841
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

I'm good with Dorell Scott or Cadogan at this point. I think it's too early for A.Q. Shipley.

I'd say Scott.
Old 03-16-2009   #842
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Scott is the BPA at a need position to me .
Agreed.

Canfield is the best available on my board, but Scott is right there at the top and he fills a need.

I vote Scott.
Old 03-16-2009   #843
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, much better.

Let's make the pick Scott.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-16-2009   #844
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

This is terrible timing - but I'm up after Earl, but I have to run out. I'll have my Ravens pick this afternoon for sure. I need to do a bit more research.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-16-2009   #845
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Y'all want me to put up an analysis of Scott for the pick?
Old 03-16-2009   #846
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

How about Chris Baker from Hampton, Roy Miller from Texas, or Terrance Knighton from Temple? These are some of the best DTs to take in the third round IMO.
Old 03-16-2009   #847
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
How about Chris Baker from Hampton, Roy Miller from Texas, or Terrance Knighton from Temple? These are some of the best DTs to take in the third round IMO.
What about Alex Magee?
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2009   #848
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

So it's Scott ?
Old 03-16-2009   #849
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I've got Scott rated slightly higher than Chris Baker. I've got Miller and Knighton a bit further down the food chain.
Old 03-16-2009   #850
DiehardChris
You betcha!

I'm back unexpectedly quick from the errands I had to run, so I'll be around once I'm up after Earl.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-16-2009   #851
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Scott is the BPA at a need position to me .
Works for me.
Old 03-16-2009   #852
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So it's Scott ?
I'm going to say we should go ahead and pencil it in then move on. You're up.
Old 03-16-2009   #853
DiehardChris
You betcha!

We've had several people now agree on Scott.

Let's do it. Dorell Scott.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-16-2009   #854
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
We've had several people now agree on Scott.

Let's do it. Dorell Scott.
If we get a lot of disagreement, we can just say we were joking.

Hey, Shaft! Wazzup?
Old 03-16-2009   #855
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

OK ... here's my biggest hail Mary .

I'm picking Jasper Brinkley , a big run stuffing ILB , who was a 1st team SEC LB until he suffered a knee injury . I think if he wouldn't have gotten injured he may have been a better prospect at ILB than Rey M . Jasper showed he's pretty well recovered and brings a another tough presence to Miami's defense .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 03-16-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-16-2009   #856
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:

I'm picking Jasper Brinkley , a big run stuffing ILB , who was a 1st team SEC LB until he suffered a knee injury . I think if he wouldn't have gotten injured he may have been a better prospect at ILB than Rey M . Jasper showed he's pretty well recovered and brings a another tough presence to Miami's defense .
I think Jasper Brinkley is awesome. If it's a reach at all, it's not a HUGE reach.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-16-2009   #857
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't think that's a huge hail mary. Brinkley was a good player even at that larger weight he played with for most of his time at South Carolina.

Plus, Miami really needs ILBs. My Dolphins friends do not like Channing Crowder playing ILB in that 3-4 and the Dolphins don't have anybody else worth mentioning at the spot.
Old 03-16-2009   #858
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:

If I was going ILB I would have taken Jason Phillips (TCU), but Brinkley is a good player.
Old 03-16-2009   #859
DiehardChris
You betcha!

With their third round pick, 88th overall - the Baltimore Ravens select:

Ricky Jean-Francois, DT, LSU

Trevor Pryce will be 34 in August, and Francois could provide versatile depth for the defensive line, and eventually replace Pryce who this time next year will be almost 35 and scheduled to make $4.5 million in 2010.

I was looking at a blocking TE and an OT here, but I think one and possibly both will still be on the board for my fourth pick.

... also - the guy I had kind of decided to pick (Jasper Brinkley, the guy I thought might "replace" Ray Lewis one day) literally went one spot behind me, which I didn't count on because some would say he's a reach here.

So - nice pick by Earl, IMO.

The New England Patriots & rmartin65 are now on the clock!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-16-2009   #860
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
If I was going ILB I would have taken Jason Phillips (TCU), but Brinkley is a good player.
Ones got a knee injury and the other is recovering . If all things are equal ... I'm going with the SEC guy .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read