Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2009   #821
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

packers are having themselves a pretty nice draft
Old 03-16-2009   #822
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
With the 84th overall pick in the 2009 NFL Mock Draft, the Green Bay Packers select:

Herman Johnson - OG, LSU

Analysis: I was tempted to go defense again right here but I couldn't pass up Johnson. He is a big mean guard that moves piles. There has also been some draft talk about Johnson being able to play RT because of his arm length. We will bring him into camp, see where he fits, and plug him in.

He may need to lose a little bit more weight as stamina was a factor in college, but Johnson has also been a hard worker with high character so I believe he will do whatever is asked of him.
He was also the biggest newborn in LA, right???
Old 03-16-2009   #823
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
He was also the biggest newborn in LA, right???
Yeah. Not that it's a red flag or anything, but he only lifted 225lbs 18 times, I think. You'd think a man of his size would easily throw 225 around more than 18 times.
Old 03-16-2009   #824
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yeah. Not that it's a red flag or anything, but he only lifted 225lbs 18 times, I think. You'd think a man of his size would easily throw 225 around more than 18 times.
He also has very long arms. You might need to take that into account when looking at his bench numbers.
Old 03-16-2009   #825
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He also has very long arms. You might need to take that into account when looking at his bench numbers.
This is true, very true. I still think it's a bit low, but you are correct. Being a knuckle-dragger myself, I can attest to that.
Old 03-16-2009   #826
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
This is true, very true. I still think it's a bit low, but you are correct. Being a knuckle-dragger myself, I can attest to that.
I also think it's a bit low, even with the long arms.

But he looks plenty strong on the football field. And that's what really matters.
Old 03-16-2009   #827
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bears select David Bruton Safety Notre Dame.
With Brown being 32 and a free agent, there is a need for some young blood at Safety.
Bruton has 176 tackles,7 interceptions, and 2 forced fumbles as a two year starter. He is also one of the best "gunners" on special teams in college football. He will improve the special teams while learning the pro game as a back up Safety and be ready to play free safety as soon as he gets the system down.
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2009   #828
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Group pick for the Vikings ... anyone . I'll say Dorell Scott .

Round Dan
Old 03-16-2009   #829
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I would go either Dorrell Scott or Trevor Canfield.
Old 03-16-2009   #830
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't say it was a bad pick. I like Harris a lot.

He is a physical corner who is not afraid to come up against the run and put a hit on somebody.

He is also a little bit tight in the hips and slightly overaggressive when the ball is in the air. That suggests to me that he would be a better player in a cover 2 scheme than in a man coverage scheme.

And apparently, the Bucs won't be running the Cover 2 next year that Monte Kiffin made famous. I said ouch because if they get Harris then that would mean the last two years they got two really good cover 2 corners (Talib), and now they aren't running that defense anymore.
I guess man, you seemed to not like the pick so I was just wondering why. I certainly am not expecting a super stud CB here, I'm looking for a guy with tools to come in and learn behind vets. I suppose I should've researched scheme a little more, I just looked at needs and the value for Harris here seems pretty good to me. Schemes change pretty regularly in the NFL anyway so I assume that players either find a way to adjust and get better or find their way out the door looking for a new job.

Put me down for a 4th round, whether we still do team selections or just pick as a group
Old 03-16-2009   #831
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'd go with Dorell Scott as a DT or Terrance Taylor b/c he is one of the best run-stopping DTs available. Also, Tyrone McKenzie is a great addittion to there LB corps and they also need a WR, Safety, and CB.

I'm also down for finsihing the mock draft all through 7 rounds.
Old 03-16-2009   #832
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Apparently one of their big needs is an offensive tackle - Phil Loadholt is still on the board. I think Loadholt, or a center as they lost their starter to FA.

My vote would be Loadholt or the best Center available.

EDIT Never mind about Loadholt - I was looking at my big board for a different mock I'm participating in. He's long gone.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-16-2009   #833
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I'd go with Dorell Scott as a DT or Terrance Taylor b/c he is one of the best run-stopping DTs available. Also, Tyrone McKenzie is a great addittion to there LB corps and they also need a WR, Safety, and CB.

I'm also down for finsihing the mock draft all through 7 rounds.
I think the Williams tandem may have suspensions coming , that's why I say Scott . The Penn Stae Cadogan is there as an OT .

Round Dan
Old 03-16-2009   #834
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I guess man, you seemed to not like the pick so I was just wondering why. I certainly am not expecting a super stud CB here, I'm looking for a guy with tools to come in and learn behind vets. I suppose I should've researched scheme a little more, I just looked at needs and the value for Harris here seems pretty good to me. Schemes change pretty regularly in the NFL anyway so I assume that players either find a way to adjust and get better or find their way out the door looking for a new job.

Put me down for a 4th round, whether we still do team selections or just pick as a group
No, I like the pick.

It just sucks that they get Talib and Harris (two good cover 2 CB's) right before they change schemes away from the cover 2.

I'm not saying he won't be successful in a different scheme, I just think he would be better in cover 2.
Old 03-16-2009   #835
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Somebody pick for the Vikings so I can pick . Y'all are going to get me fired then what ?

Round Dan
Old 03-16-2009   #836
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the Williams tandem may have suspensions coming , that's why I say Scott . The Penn Stae Cadogan is there as an OT .
I was just going to mention Cadogan, that is who I would say.
Old 03-16-2009   #837
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm good with Dorrell. Aren't the Williams getting up there in age?
Old 03-16-2009   #838
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I was just going to mention Cadogan, that is who I would say.
OK ... Cadogan .

Round Dan
Old 03-16-2009   #839
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think we should rush through the Vikes pick just to get to the next - let's make sure we have a mini-consensus.

Dorell Scott makes sense because yeah, at least one of the Williams is like 37.

I think OT would be smart, but I'm not sure Cadogan is the best fit.

I'm cool with Scott.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-16-2009   #840
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I don't think we should rush through the Vikes pick just to get to the next - let's make sure we have a mini-consensus.

Dorell Scott makes sense because yeah, at least one of the Williams is like 37.

I think OT would be smart, but I'm not sure Cadogan is the best fit.

I'm cool with Scott.
Scott is the BPA at a need position to me .

Round Dan
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read