Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2009   #761
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Any guess onthe Texans ?
I'm hoping for some O-line help, maybe Trevor Canfield.
Old 03-14-2009   #762
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Any guess onthe Texans ?
My guess is Shonn Greene. There are a couple of other guys I would consider here, but my guess is he selects Greene.
Old 03-14-2009   #763
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

For the Texans, still on the board (I think):

Rashad Jennings RB
Andre Brown RB

Couple of solid safeties are out there too.

My preference would be Lawrence Sidbury, DE.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-14-2009   #764
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
My guess is Shonn Greene. There are a couple of other guys I would consider here, but my guess is he selects Greene.
Maybe , but there's still alot of backs left . I would be down to two players and if the Hogs played the Tigers in a bowl game ... they'd be looking at each other .

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 03-14-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-14-2009   #765
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

Rashad Jennings RB
Andre Brown RB

A lot of good picks available to us here.

Shaft75 will find a way to mess it up, though. We should just start booing now.

Old 03-14-2009   #766
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Why are you joking? He's going to mess this up. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Old 03-14-2009   #767
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

He gets redo's for the Texans sake .

Round Dan
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2009   #768
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He gets redo's for the Texans sake .
Yeah, we might not want to boo, he might change his mind.
Old 03-14-2009   #769
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

How about Tyron McKenzie from USF. He is supposed to be gone by the 2nd but no one knows about him (well, of course except me ) He is a tackling machine and a great addittion to our LB corps. Trevor Canfield is another option as well as my Michigan favorite Terrance Taylor who is a beast against the run and a poor mans Kelly Gregg.
Old 03-14-2009   #770
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
How about Tyron McKenzie from USF. He is supposed to be gone by the 2nd but no one knows about him (well, of course except me ) He is a tackling machine and a great addittion to our LB corps. Trevor Canfield is another option as well as my Michigan favorite Terrance Taylor who is a beast against the run and a poor mans Kelly Gregg.
I like McKenzie, I would not be opposed to him here but if we take Cushing I am.
Old 03-14-2009   #771
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, I'd be all over McKenzie for this pick if we didn't already have Cushing in this scenario.

On the other hand, I think it's a round too early to be thinking Terrance Taylor... but he's another guy that I've got going to the Texans in one of my mocks.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-14-2009   #772
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see us pick up Shonn Greene here. It's good value, and in the same round as Slaton last year.
Old 03-15-2009   #773
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Per Bahoo7 pm:

With the 73rd pick The Green Bay Packers Select:

Chase Coffman - TE, Missouri

Thanks for covering for me Spec.

Somebody give him some rep for me. I can't give him any right now.

Analysis: I have Coffman as a late 2nd/early 3rd round selection so he was right on the top of my board at this point.

The Packers don't look too bad at TE so Coffman was sort of a luxury pick, but he was BPA.

He isn't a great blocker but he gets the job done and he isn't afraid to poke his nose in there against a DE. He doesn't have great speed but he is deceptively quick and has great hands. He also probably runs the best routes of any of the TE's in this class.

He also has the versatility to play out of the slot as well.
Old 03-15-2009   #774
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4282 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

Rashad Jennings RB
Andre Brown RB

I'm probably the BIGGEST Rashad Jennings supporter on these boards. I think he is the PERFECT complement to Steve Slaton. (Sorry guys I'm a bit drunk!) Haha!
Old 03-15-2009   #775
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Trust me you arent the only one that knows about McKenzie around here. This board is full of draft knowlegeable people. I love TM and I dont care if we have drafted Mathews or Cushing in the first I still think he would be a great pick in the 3rd round for us. I dont care what he ran or benched at the combine the guy is a hell of a football player. He reminds me of Jon Beason.

If we really are going to have our 4 down linemen trying to penatrate and get into the backfield we are going to have to have LB's that can make plays all over the feild. McKenzie is that kind of a LB.

Taylor never impressed me and I watched him alot. He was just kinda there.

I would be happy with any of these players at this spot.
Tyrone McKenzie South Florida OLB43
Victor Harris Virginia Tech CB
Emanuel Cook South Carolina SS
Sammie Lee Hill Stillman DT43 DE34
Andy Kemp Wisconsin OG
Darcel McBath Texas Tech FS
Shonn Greene Iowa RBF
Jonathan Luigs Arkansas OC
Chip Vaughn Wake Forest SS
Old 03-15-2009   #776
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

My two cents is Johnathon Luigis or Dorell Scott . There's alot of RBs , DBs , and LBs , still on the board . Those two are the hghest rated OL/DL by far ... on my sheet anyway .

Round Dan
Old 03-15-2009   #777
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

What's the time limit between picks? Shaft75 has been on the clock for 18 hrs.
Old 03-15-2009   #778
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry folks. My father is in the hospital and has a meningioma, which is basically a tumor the size of a golf ball in his brain. Have had a tough weekend.

My pick is sidbury, because I think I can get my back in a later round.
Old 03-15-2009   #779
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Sorry folks. My father is in the hospital and has a meningioma, which is basically a tumor the size of a golf ball in his brain. Have had a tough weekend.

My pick is sidbury, because I think I can get my back in a later round.
Sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers are with him and your family
Old 03-15-2009   #780
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
106 Jarett Dillard Rice WRF per draftek.com

65.) Detroit Lions Select: Shawn Nelson, TE, Southern Miss

66.) St. Louis Rams Select: Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State

67.) Kansas City Chiefs Select: Mike Thomas, WR, Arizona

68.) Seattle Seahawks Select: Andy Levitre, OG, Oregon State

69.) Dallas Cowboys Select: Fili Moala, DT, U.S.C.

70.) Cincinnati Bengals Select: Kraig Urbik, OG, Wisconsin

71.)Oakland Raiders Select: Antoine Caldwell, OC, Alabama

72.) Jacksonville Jaguars Select: Jarett Dillard, WR, Rice

73.) Green Bay Packers Select: Chase Coffman - TE, Missouri

74.) San Francisco 49ers Select: Mike Mickens CB Cincinnati

75.) Buffalo Bills Select: Marcus Freeman, OLB, Ohio State

76.) New York Jets Select: Pat White, QB, West Virginia

77.) Houston Texans Select: Lawrence Sidbury, DE, Richmond

78.) San Diego Chargers Select: Kyle Moore DE, USC

79.) Denver Broncos Select: Darcel McBath, S Texas Tech.

80.) Washington Redskins Select: Jonathan Luigs C Arkansas

81.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select: TimeKiller

82.) Detroit Lions Select: Super Mario

Last edited by Specnatz; 03-15-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read