Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2009   #741
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

The Green Bay Packers and bah007 are on the clock!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-14-2009   #742
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
With the 72 overall selection, the Jags select...

Jarett Dillard
Wow. That's a surprise. The highest rating I've seen on Dillard so far is 145. Most people don't even have him listed.
Old 03-14-2009   #743
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Dillard is a 3-4 round prospect, #116 overall on the board I've been using from CBS Sports.com, for what it's worth.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-14-2009   #744
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Wow. That's a surprise. The highest rating I've seen on Dillard so far is 145. Most people don't even have him listed.

I seldom go with "expert" opinions considering the likes of ESPN reporters who are suggesting the Texans take Mark Sanchez. Dillard is a smaller WR, something the Jags don't have, he is a type of player that can give a team 5, 10, 15 yards a reception and then have two or three big plays of 45+ yards. If you watch the video and review his gametape he can squat down and maintain he balance and change his speed quickly enough to throw the defender off and yet maintain his poise and ballance and burst off.

This might be too high but considering some of the top WRs have been taken and WR being one of the many needs of the Jags I took him and I believe he is a draft steal at this point. My other considerations were Austin Collie but IMO he is a one hit wonder. Derrick Williams was another option but he's dropped many catchable passes which was a draw back for me.

I was also looking at college production and some of the WRs still on the board have only managed 600-800 total receiving yards and IMO a player who can't break past the 1,000+ yard mark well probably never have more then 650-800 yards receiving in the NFL.
Old 03-14-2009   #745
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Dillard is a 3-4 round prospect, #116 overall on the board I've been using from CBS Sports.com, for what it's worth.
GBN doesn't have him listed in their top 175 and Draft Countdown has him listed at 145. I've been using a combination of those two boards as my big board. Well, along with the Walter Football picks.

I'll add the CBS board in as well, I guess.
Old 03-14-2009   #746
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the 72 overall selection, the Jags select...

Jarett Dillard

With WR a need, I feel that the Jags can take some of the other players I have in mind later on in the draft. Fast, speedy, and can go from 0 to 60 and 60 to 0, Dillard has tremendous upside.

From those who know little about this players check out the video at the bottom: http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...tt-Dillard.php
I would have taken Butler, Barden, Massaquoi & Williams ahead of him.
Old 03-14-2009   #747
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
GBN doesn't have him listed in their top 175 and Draft Countdown has him listed at 145. I've been using a combination of those two boards as my big board. Well, along with the Walter Football picks.

I'll add the CBS board in as well, I guess.
I don't necessarily agree with their rankings - it's just the first place I found that listed enough prospects for a potential seven-round mock (like the one I'm involved in elsewhere).

116 seems a little high, but who knows?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2009   #748
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Per Bahoo7 pm:

With the 73rd pick The Green Bay Packers Select:

Chase Coffman - TE, Missouri

Old 03-14-2009   #749
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

49ers will pick in a second there seems to be some discourse between the GM and HC as to who to pick. As soon Mike Singletary gets done kicking the GMs Ass the pick will be in.
Old 03-14-2009   #750
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Per Bahoo7 pm:

With the 73rd pick The Green Bay Packers Select:

Chase Coffman - TE, Missouri

Didn't Chase Coffman go at 58?

EDIT: My bad. I'd made a mistake on my board.
Old 03-14-2009   #751
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Didn't Chase Coffman go at 58?

EDIT: My bad. I'd made a mistake on my board.
I thought 58 was James Casey. Nevermind.

Bills ready to pick after the 9ers.
Old 03-14-2009   #752
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Good Lord Don't scare me like that. Silly GM wanted to draft a runningback.

With the 74th The San Francisco 49ers Select:

Mike Mickens CB Cincinnati

With Walt Harris getting long in the tooth it is time to look for a replacement.
Old 03-14-2009   #753
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 73rd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select:

OLB Marcus Freeman, Ohio State

Old 03-14-2009   #754
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Can either of you explain the reasoning behind your picks? I have no clue as to who your players are (with the exception of Marcus Freeman).
Old 03-14-2009   #755
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can either of you explain the reasoning behind your picks? I have no clue as to who your players are (with the exception of Marcus Freeman).
I have seen Mickens going in the 2nd round in a couple of mocks, so he's a good pick in the third.
Old 03-14-2009   #756
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

The Bills are lacking depth at the OLB position. While Freeman will be a rookie he has experience in big games at the NCAA level, which would indicate that he could compete pretty quickly. He needs to add some strength but he could potentially be a solid backup SLB in his first year.

The pick was almost a BPA.
Old 03-14-2009   #757
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Well mine is simple, he performed well at the combine and his measurables relate to the pro game very well. While I have not watched him a lot I asked someone who has over at the ND site I goto and he raved about him. Mickens has earned honors every year he has started 2nd team big east '05, '06 and 1st '07. He was All-American 3rd team last year.

While there was others that were higher on my draft board as far as BPA, but the need to get a CB out weighed the BPA.

Last edited by Specnatz; 03-14-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-14-2009   #758
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 76th selection in the NFL draft, the New York Jets select Pat White, QB, West Virginia.

His arm strength was a big surprise at the combine, and his versatility on the offense gives him the ability to play backup QB and receiver on a Jets team looking for offense.

Going offense in rounds 1-3 may be a little much for the Jets, but you gotta play like them like their dealt. With all the defensive help they received in free agency, they had the ability to draft BPA on day 1
Old 03-14-2009   #759
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

The Houston Texans are now on the clock!

77.) Houston Texans Select: Shaft75

78.) San Diego Chargers Select: Tailgate

79.) Denver Broncos Select: Kaiser Toro

80.) Washington Redskins Select: steelbtexan
Old 03-14-2009   #760
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Any guess onthe Texans ?

Round Dan
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read