Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009   #561
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
They got Vontae Davis in the first, so no on Harris or Mickens.

I think RT or C.
Ooops, my bad. Wasn't thinking about the first round.
Old 03-11-2009   #562
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
So... Jarron Gilbert, Chris Baker, or Fili Moala?

Of those, for their D, I like Moala best.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-11-2009   #563
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Why not WR they lost one in FA didn't they?

# Louis Murphy 6-2.5, 203 4.43 Florida
# Juaquin Iglesias 6-1, 210 4.55 Oklahoma
Old 03-11-2009   #564
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll agree on anybody but Josh Freeman.
Old 03-11-2009   #565
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

We need to hold on until gtexan makes his pick. The Vikings are after that.
Old 03-11-2009   #566
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Why not WR they lost one in FA didn't they?

# Louis Murphy 6-2.5, 203 4.43 Florida
# Juaquin Iglesias 6-1, 210 4.55 Oklahoma
Oh, you're right.

Actually - I think Spec nailed this one. Looking at their WR depth chart - it's pretty bad.

I think WR is a very smart pick for them when they're up.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-11-2009   #567
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I still feel like people are thinking I went back on my pick. I didn't. It was a joke, maybe not well played, but a joke nonetheless. I stand behind the Delmas pick. I didn't see many of his games, but he was all over the field at the Texas and senior bowl. I have been wanting a hardnosed safety for awhile. His range is what made me choose him over Chung. Range is what Wilson showed me last season and Demos showed me the season before that. I think it's something our defensive backfield needs more of.

Also, I think I kind of got screwed with the setup. We are in a prime position to trade back.
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2009   #568
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I still feel like people are thinking I went back on my pick. I didn't. It was a joke, maybe not well played, but a joke nonetheless. I stand behind the Delmas pick. I didn't see many of his games, but he was all over the field at the Texas and senior bowl. I have been wanting a hardnosed safety for awhile. His range is what made me choose him over Chung. Range is what Wilson showed me last season and Demos showed me the season before that. I think it's something our defensive backfield needs more of.

Also, I think I kind of got screwed with the setup. We are in a prime position to trade back.
It would have helped if you had sent Super Mario a pm in advace to cover your ass.

Also, if you had not defended the pick with me after I said it sucked. Oh and at least I did not say it hairy sweaty monkey balls.

We all are in the same boat, as far as trades.
Old 03-11-2009   #569
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Wow. Are we seriously not finished with this? Nobody's even brought it up in I don't know how many posts... and now you're saying you got screwed?

Dude - I'm not trying to be a dick or a jerk or anything, but get over yourself. Come on, everyone's moved on.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-11-2009   #570
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The only victim is those that saw an awfully bad prank while attempting to do a draft while studying or working.

Between Sanchez and Harvin, you may want to sign up for a draft over at HT.com as they seem to have a little more fun. Most of us here have fun opining before the pick and analyzing the result. Equally enjoyable, but pranks are not what this mock draft is about in my opinion.
Old 03-11-2009   #571
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
#1. I think he is too slow to be a corner. He takes too many chances on jumping routes and will get burned in the NFL.

#2. He doesnt have a true position. What is he? Some say due to his lack of speed he will be a safety.

#3. His lack of speed makes him suspect in man coverage. Teams will be forced to use him in a zone defense.

Right now he is probably the 8th best cornerback in this draft and should go to a team in the 3rd round.
Really? Im quirious, have you seen mim play or did you come to these conclusions from what you have read off the internet? Now that would make youre stance, laughable. If you have seen him play then I dont know what to tell you. When I watched him he reminded me of Dante Robinson. Yeh he got burned every once in awhile but he was all over the feild making positive plays. Not that this will or should change youre mind but watch this link

Tell me the guy dont play like Dante. The guy just makes things happen. Hell yeh I think he is worth a mid second round pick. If you dont thats fine just keep laughing.

Oh yeh, hes a pretty good punt returner to. link

Last edited by mussop; 03-11-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-11-2009   #572
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow. Are we seriously not finished with this? Nobody's even brought it up in I don't know how many posts... and now you're saying you got screwed?

Dude - I'm not trying to be a dick or a jerk or anything, but get over yourself. Come on, everyone's moved on.
I was reading up and trying to catch up on the mock and saw that someone made it a point to say something about it as if I waffled or something. I am a little hand cuffed because I'm on the iPhone. Anyways yeah saying get over yourself is pretty much being a dick. But oh well, I can take that. Especially since I brought it all on myself. Your reaction was priceless though.

And yeah you're right Kaiser, I enjoy scouting and then making the selection so I see what you mean. The thread gets so monotonous sometimes so I just wanted to stir things up.
Old 03-11-2009   #573
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
I was reading up and trying to catch up on the mock and saw that someone made it a point to say something about it as if I waffled or something. I am a little hand cuffed because I'm on the iPhone. Anyways yeah saying get over yourself is pretty much being a dick. But oh well, I can take that. Especially since I brought it all on myself. Your reaction was priceless though.

And yeah you're right Kaiser, I enjoy scouting and then making the selection so I see what you mean. The thread gets so monotonous sometimes so I just wanted to stir things up.
My reaction was priceless how? Because I "fell for your prank?"

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-11-2009   #574
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Too much homo drama in this thread. Call me back in when we start making more picks.
Old 03-11-2009   #575
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

This pick may come as a surprise, but its too good of a value here to pass up.

With the next pick in the draft, the New York Jets select LeSean McCoy, RB, Pitt

Even though Thomas Jones had a breakout year last season, he's turning 31, and we all know what that means. Reducing wear and tear on your #1 is never a bad idea.

Probably should go defense here, but I just don't like the options.

I think the Jets are sold on Clemmons and Ratliff, so no Freeman either
Old 03-11-2009   #576
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Eric Wood would be a good choice with Birk leaving. Wr corps is young but has lots of potential. I think lack of a decent QB has really hindered their development.

They do look prett bad at CB. That would be my pick.
Old 03-11-2009   #577
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Oh, lord.

Sorry, but that pick absolutely SUCKS! We have much, much bigger needs. ANY of your other options would have been LIGHT YEARS better.

Kevin Walter is a GREAT #2 receiver, a great blocker, route-runner, and has great hands. He's absolutely VITAL to our ZBS run attack as well.

You just drafted a guy who is going to be our #3 receiver AT BEST.

Sorry man. I vehemently disagree with you here. Ugh.
Read this out loud. To me, this is hilarious.

There is a point in time where you have to realize that this is a mock draft and not tale this so seriously. It was reminiscient of a dolpin fan when cam cameron made the ginn pick.
Old 03-11-2009   #578
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

With the next pick in the draft, the New York Jets select LeSean McCoy, RB, Pitt

Even though Thomas Jones had a breakout year last season, he's turning 31, and we all know what that means. Reducing wear and tear on your #1 is never a bad idea.

They did say that Leon Washington was gonna get a lot more reps as a RB, but like you said - Jones is getting up there in RB years for sure.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-11-2009   #579
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

I was wondering about it because of Leon Washington. You got him at a great spot though. Nice pick.
Old 03-11-2009   #580
DiehardChris
You betcha!

On to the Vikings pick...

I keep seeing Eric Wood brought up... I like Spec's idea for a WR, but Wood would be hard to pass up here, though I have no clue what their plans are with their 5th round pick from last year - center J. Sullivan.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read