Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009   #461
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I do not get it. We only have 3 safeties on the roster right now and since he is not a return man it is bad pick.
My safety should be available in the 3rd round. He is all purpose and will return punts and kickoffs.
Old 03-11-2009   #462
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Delmas or Chung would have been a better pick, IMO.
Old 03-11-2009   #463
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
My safety should be available in the 3rd round. He is all purpose and will return punts and kickoffs.
Make sure you go back to the previous page and don't miss the other responses.

Sheesh. Terrible. TERRIBLE.

Sorry, man.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-11-2009   #464
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99579 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the 46th overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans Select:

PERCY HARVIN WR FLORIDA

This is a real steal for the Texans. We have a National Champ, game-breaking, wildcat-running, versatile wild receiver that will give other teams headaches when they try to game plan us. Our goal this year is to get into the playoffs. Our defense is still maturing and trying a more aggressive style, so I thought we could absolutely dominate other defenses with a highlight making offense. That gives our defense a little while to catch up to our offense that will be sraight up torching fools.

Other options were: Ayers, Delmas, Chung, or Ziggy.
He's not even a real WR. He's a hybrid WR/RB like Reggie Bush. We have WR's & we have Slaton. No need for him.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-11-2009   #465
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Delmas or Chung would have been a better pick, IMO.
Chung is not a 2nd round safety in my opinion. Delmas on the otherhand...
Old 03-11-2009   #466
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He went to Miss. State ?

Round Dan
Old 03-11-2009   #467
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99579 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Chung is not a 2nd round safety in my opinion. Delmas on the otherhand...
I believe he can justify passing on Delmas because he is a FS and we need a SS, but I have a hard time swallowing a WR pick in the 2nd round with all the defensive needs that we have.

- The Immortal Bo
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2009   #468
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Oh, lord.

Sorry, but that pick absolutely SUCKS! We have much, much bigger needs. ANY of your other options would have been LIGHT YEARS better.

Kevin Walter is a GREAT #2 receiver, a great blocker, route-runner, and has great hands. He's absolutely VITAL to our ZBS run attack as well.

You just drafted a guy who is going to be our #3 receiver AT BEST.

Sorry man. I vehemently disagree with you here. Ugh.
I don't mind the pick much. Davis is kind of disappointing, and Harvin will be a better slot than Anderson is. WHile we need saftey help, a 1st round talent there in the middle of the second isnt a bad pick, IMO.
Old 03-11-2009   #469
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

LMAO! Damn!
Old 03-11-2009   #470
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

DE, Center, safety, CB hell Guard even but a position that is a strength on a team?

Matt Millen thinks
Old 03-11-2009   #471
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude.

You should have gone with the kicker.
Old 03-11-2009   #472
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

GOTCHA!!! Nobody took my Dirty Sanchez pick seriously so I had to do this. You are all on candid camera!

Louis Delmas S Western Michigan

Now this is a steal. We finally have our playmaking safety. This guy reminds me of Bob Sanders and JACKS UP wr over the middle. He is also great in run support. I just can't pass up a guy of the caliber, even with Ayers or Harvin on the board.
Old 03-11-2009   #473
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
GOTCHA!!! Nobody took my Dirty Sanchez pick seriously so I had to do this. You are all on candid camera!

Now this is a steal. We finally have our playmaking safety. This guy reminds me of Bob Sanders and JACKS UP wr over the middle. He is also great in run support. I just can't pass up a guy of the caliber, even with Ayers or Harvin on the board.
LOL you are just so wrong.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-11-2009   #474
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! There is something wrong with a GM who can't stick with his pick. BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2009   #475
Shaft75
Site Contributor

I had to do it. Especially since everyone was chastizing me about the right pick.

Someone go check on Diehard in the ICU!!!
Old 03-11-2009   #476
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Delmas is more real of a pick. Glad to have him!
Old 03-11-2009   #477
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91029 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think I agree with being able to change picks.

If you pick a guy, you pick a guy. You can't just change it because you don't like the reaction you got.
Old 03-11-2009   #478
Shaft75
Site Contributor

What the hell my pic of Delmas is gone.
Old 03-11-2009   #479
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I had to do it. Especially since everyone was chastizing me about the right pick.

Now Harvin is going to turn into an all-pro reciever while Delmas is the bust of this draft. Thanks alot!
Old 03-11-2009   #480
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I can't blame you for doing it. You knew we would give you hell no matter who you took so you threw us for a loop first. I applaud the move because you had me fooled.

- The Immortal Bo
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read