Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009   #421
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
The Bills took Michael Crabtree at #11 in the 1st round.

To me, their top needs are:
TE
DE
OG/C

They need a DE or an OG so Ayers, Sidbury, or Hunt (UoH) would make sense at DE and at OG Kraig Urbik, Andy Levitre, and or Trevor Canfield are good options at guard.
Old 03-11-2009   #422
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57741 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the clock has run out on the Bills pick. Super Mario is not on the board at this moment and hardly anybody has given me any input into the pick so I will just make it now so that we can put Specnatz on the clock.

With the 42nd overall selection in the 2009 NFL Mock Draft the Buffalo Bills select:

Max Unger - C, Oregon

Unger has amazing versatility for an offensive lineman and can play multiple positions. With the release of Dockery, the Bills can plug Unger in at either center or guard.

He was also the second highest rated player still on my board.
Old 03-11-2009   #423
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65569 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well the clock has run out on the Bills pick. Super Mario is not on the board at this moment and nobody has given me any input into the pick so I will just make it now so that we can put Specnatz on the clock.

With the 42nd overall selection in the 2009 NFL Mock Draft the Buffalo Bills select:

Max Unger - C, Oregon

A good pick. I was about to say either Ayers, Kruger, or Unger.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-11-2009   #424
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked for the Bills in the first mock - I would have said Unger or Ayers, so good pick!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-11-2009   #425
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I really shouldn't be spending this much time drafting either. I just wish we could get to 46 though, come on!!
Don't let us down, you did good in the 1st round. If he's still available take Patrick Chung.
Old 03-11-2009   #426
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57741 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
They need a DE or an OG so Ayers, Sidbury, or Hunt (UoH) would make sense at DE and at OG Kraig Urbik, Andy Levitre, and or Trevor Canfield are good options at guard.
The other finalists for the selection here were:

Kruger, DE - would have been a good selection and filled a need but Unger was rated higher by me
Ayers, DE - " (same as Kruger)
Jamon Meredith, OT - wasn't really a need and Unger was rated higher by me
Jared Cook, TE - a reach here
Old 03-11-2009   #427
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I picked for the Bills in the first mock - I would have said Unger or Ayers, so good pick!
Thank you. But I will still defer to Super Mario to change the selection if he wishes if he gets back on before Specnatz has made his pick.

This is still his show and he has run it very effectively.
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2009   #428
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

This is an extremely hard pick because the 49ers have so many needs.

J Staley gave up 8.5 sacks last year
W Harris is 35
and like the Texans safety play is a freaking joke.

Not to mention they just re-did the contract of QB Smith.

Pick will be up shortly.
Old 03-11-2009   #429
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
This is an extremely hard pick because the 49ers have so many needs.

J Staley gave up 8.5 sacks last year
W Harris is 35
and like the Texans safety play is a freaking joke.

Not to mention they just re-did the contract of QB Smith.

Pick will be up shortly.

Staley can only get better, Chung would be awesome pick and I think Delmas is still on the board. Good CBs still avaiable IMO.
Old 03-11-2009   #430
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Staley can only get better, Chung would be awesome pick and I think Delmas is still on the board. Good CBs still avaiable IMO.
Just my thoughts...

Niners could use an upgrade at OT opposite Staley. Jamon Meredith would be a good pick.

Percy Harvin is still the top player on the board. We can't rule that one out.

Louis Delmas is the second rated player available on my board and he may fill a need.

Or they could go with Josh Freeman and cut either Hill or O'Sullivan.

He has options. The hard part isn't finding a good player to take, it's cutting the list down from X to 1.
Old 03-11-2009   #431
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

O'Sullivan is no longer on the team I have found 3 sites that say Jennings is no longer on the team but NFL.com and espin do not.

With Smith redoing his contract, 2nd round is to early for a QB with all the teams needs.

I had been debating either Chung, Loadholt or Meredith or Coye Francies.

With the team giving up 55 sacks last year, line and poor QB play I can not ignore the line.

So with the 43rd pick of the NFL draft the San Francisco 49ers draft

Jamon Meredith 6-4.5, 304 5.04 South Carolina (OL)

Old 03-11-2009   #432
bah007
Hall of Fame

Good pick.

Good value and fits a need.
Old 03-11-2009   #433
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Don't let us down, you did good in the 1st round. If he's still available take Patrick Chung.
Listen, I am the Texans GM and I take who I want. PERIOD. If I want a kicker, I take a kicker. If I want to take best Kracka available then I can pick Kruger. If I want a hard-hitting, versatile Oriental Safety then I pick Chung.

Just keep the faith.

Signed,
Your GM
Old 03-11-2009   #434
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm taking Brian Robiskie .
Old 03-11-2009   #435
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
O'Sullivan is no longer on the team I have found 3 sites that say Jennings is no longer on the team but NFL.com and espin do not.

With Smith redoing his contract, 2nd round is to early for a QB with all the teams needs.

I had been debating either Chung, Loadholt or Meredith or Coye Francies.

With the team giving up 55 sacks last year, line and poor QB play I can not ignore the line.

So with the 43rd pick of the NFL draft the San Francisco 49ers draft

Jamon Meredith 6-4.5, 304 5.04 South Carolina (OL)

I'm surprised this guy isn't pumping gas for a living like everyone else that goes to SC.
Old 03-11-2009   #436
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm surprised this guy isn't pumping gas for a living like everyone else that goes to SC.
Dunta?...
Old 03-11-2009   #437
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:

Quote:
Dunta?...
You did not hear about the quote attributed to Lane Kiffin?
Old 03-11-2009   #438
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Dunta?...
I was alluding to Mr. Kiffin.

Thanks specnatz
Old 03-11-2009   #439
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I'm taking Brian Robiskie .
Analysis be damned?...

Nice pick though. I really like your draft so far (Butler and Robiskie).
Old 03-11-2009   #440
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Great pick for the Bills. Thanks for stepping up bah007. Anytime I am not around feel free to discuss and pick for someone who's clock has run out.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read