Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009   #401
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Maybin at 47? VALUE pick right there.

If this happened for real we would hear a big shitting noise coming from the north. That would be all of Green Bay shitting themselves.
Old 03-11-2009   #402
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Maybin at 47? VALUE pick right there.

If this happened for real we would hear a big shitting noise coming from the north. That would be all of Green Bay shitting themselves.
Actually, 41, right? Not that it makes much of a difference. I haven't seen a mock where he's gone later than about 26 prior to this.
Old 03-11-2009   #403
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 190768 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if Maybin doesn't have a much better pro day ... he won't go this high . Barwin , Sintin , English , and Johnson are all bigger , faster , and stronger .

Round Dan
Old 03-11-2009   #404
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Only if Green Bay couldv'e gotten BJ Raji or Ron Brace. That way they could have a legit NT and with Kampan, Hawk, and Maybin at LB and Jackson at DE...thats one sick 3-4 D they wouldv'e got there.
Old 03-11-2009   #405
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Only if Green Bay couldv'e gotten BJ Raji or Ron Brace. That way they could have a legit NT and with Kampan, Hawk, and Maybin at LB and Jackson at DE...thats one sick 3-4 D they wouldv'e got there.
I could probably still hit a good NT in the 3rd round but I may not get good value there so I might go somewhere else.

If this mock was longer than three rounds then I would definitely come out of it with a DT somewhere, most likely in the 4th or 5th.
Old 03-11-2009   #406
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I could probably still hit a good NT in the 3rd round but I may not get good value there so I might go somewhere else.

If this mock was longer than three rounds then I would definitely come out of it with a DT somewhere, most likely in the 4th or 5th.
We could get to the 4th or 5th round if people pick faster, or send me a list.
Old 03-11-2009   #407
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

I'm all for it but the problem is after the 1st things slow down. I guess other ppl don't have as much time on there hands like I do...lol
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2009   #408
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
That would be cool but I think we would lose a lot of interest.

Just look at how much things have slowed down from the first round to the second. It will slow down even more in the third and after that you would probably have to be making all but 5-10 picks because people wouldn't get their picks in on time.
Old 03-11-2009   #409
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really shouldn't be spending this much time drafting either. I just wish we could get to 46 though, come on!!
Old 03-11-2009   #410
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95464 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That would be cool but I think we would lose a lot of interest.

Just look at how much things have slowed down from the first round to the second. It will slow down even more in the third and after that you would probably have to be making all but 5-10 picks because people wouldn't get their picks in on time.
It is so aggravating. Why do people volunteer and then not participate. It makes no sense.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-11-2009   #411
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I'm all for it but the problem is after the 1st things slow down. I guess other ppl don't have as much time on there hands like I do...lol
It slows down because people aren't as interested after the first round.

And some others may not know who the good prospects are outside the top 35-40 or whatever so they take up their entire time slot or more trying to decide who to take.
Old 03-11-2009   #412
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I am waiting ...
Old 03-11-2009   #413
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
It is so aggravating. Why do people volunteer and then not participate. It makes no sense.
You can tell we have a good dedicated group here because of how fast the first round went by.

But only a handful of people are going to be able to get into the 4th and 5th rounds and not make ridiculous picks because it's not rational to expect that everyone in this draft has a knowledge of that many players.
Old 03-11-2009   #414
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
It makes as much sense as people consistently whining about folks not making their pircks when there is a process in place to make the pick should that person be out of pocket.
Old 03-11-2009   #415
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I am waiting ...
You might want to PM your top 2 to Super Mario just in case...

But it looks like the clock has pretty much run out on TexasSeminole for the Bills pick.
Old 03-11-2009   #416
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95464 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
It makes as much sense as people consistently whining about folks not making their pircks when there is a process in place to make the pick should that person be out of pocket.
That's exactly my point. If you can't be here then just pm your picks to super mario. It's not that hard.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-11-2009   #417
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You might want to PM your top 2 to Super Mario just in case...

But it looks like the clock has pretty much run out on TexasSeminole for the Bills pick.
I would if I had a top 2, I am so unsure of direction it is not even funny.
Old 03-11-2009   #418
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I would if I had a top 2, I am so unsure of direction it is not even funny.
Well I don't think Super Mario is on right now.

Would everyone be okay with me making the pick for the Bills?

Go ahead and throw out some names for me and I will pick if that is alright with everyone.
Old 03-11-2009   #419
bah007
Hall of Fame

The Bills took Michael Crabtree at #11 in the 1st round.

To me, their top needs are:
TE
DE
OG/C
Old 03-11-2009   #420
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
If I have complained to often about the lack of participation then I am sorry. I am not trying to offend anybody or piss off other members. If I have "whined consistenly", which IMO I have not, that was not my intention. I am only throwing my opinion out there on the situation.

If it has gotten to that point then I will just keep my mouth shut whenever the subject is brought up in the future. Everybody knows my opinion on it now so I'll just stay out of that conversation in the future.

- The Immortal Bo
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read