Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-05-2009   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Roy Williams, S, has been released

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...gets-his-wish/

Quote:
With the pad of pink slips already out of the desk drawer for receiver Terrell Owens, NBC Dallas-Ft. Worth reports that the Dallas Cowboys used a second sheet on safety Roy Williams. (Not receiver Roy Williams, Sid. Safety Roy Williams.)

The move comes two days after Williams gave the team a “trade me or cut me” ultimatum, and presumably after the team exhausted all potential trade opportunities.

As of last week, the Cowboys were actively shopping the seven-year veteran, but could find no takers.
Any before anybody asks, "Should we sign him?"; hell no is the answer.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roy Williams, S, has been released

Hell no! Horrible in coverage. He needs to try and move to LB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #3
TexansFan33
DW33

Rep Power: 7 TexansFan33 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansFan33 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

All he does is get burned and then horse collar tackle someone and breaks their ankle.
Old 03-05-2009   #4
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

If we were still playing Richard Smith defense would've been a perfect fit. Guy hits like a mack truck but doesn't cover.

I think his career imploded largely due to the move to the 3-4 and being asked to do more in coverage as opposed to playing in the box. Which is what he does really well.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
If we were still playing Richard Smith defense would've been a perfect fit. Guy hits like a mack truck but doesn't cover.

I think his career imploded largely due to the move to the 3-4 and being asked to do more in coverage as opposed to playing in the box. Which is what he does really well.
He used to hit like a Mack, now he just sucks.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #6
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind putting him in the box as a situational safety in run support....couple him with a ballhawk in centerfield and you could be okay.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #7
Ckw

Default Roy Williams

What would you guys think about us giving Roy Williams (SS not WR) a look? I really believe that if used correctly, similar to how the Colts use Bob Sanders, he could still be a very good SS. Should we give him a look?
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2009   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Roy Williams

No and I doubt we will.
Old 03-05-2009   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

It ain't happening. Hes been exposed and just isn't that good IMO.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #10
Ckw

I understand everyone's feelings and yes, he is awful in coverage, but I also think a lot of it has to do with how the Cowgirls have been using him. They constantly tried dropping him back into coverage instead of allowing him to be like a deep roving LB. I personally believe he would be a good compliment to Eugene Wilson.
Old 03-05-2009   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I say draft one.
Old 03-05-2009   #12
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Still one of the nastiest hitters in the league. I say sign him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF_57tlmPLg
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #13
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't know. I haven't watched a cowboys game since we played them last. (and I won't watch another one until we play them again)
Old 03-05-2009   #14
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I say give him a shot if we got him for a cheap price.
Old 03-05-2009   #15
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

We need a Strong Safety bad he has gone to 5 pro bowls over the past 7 seasons and he is only 28 years old. I think as the cowboys changed from 4-3 defense to a 3-4 defense the scheme didn't fit his style of play. Roy is better suited to play in 4-3 attacking style defense and yes I think he still has a lot left in the tank I say bring him in for a look.
PHAROAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 304671 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
We need a Strong Safety bad he has gone to 5 pro bowls over the past 7 seasons and he is only 28 years old. I think as the cowboys changed from 4-3 defense to a 3-4 defense the scheme didn't fit his style of play. Roy is better suited to play in 4-3 attacking style defense and yes I think he still has a lot left in the tank I say bring him in for a look.
Roy is better suited to play as a WLB and we already have a young slightly undersized WLB. We don't play (at least so far) conventional in the box SS and roaming FS. We play almost interchangeable and that ain't Williams. OD would lick his chops at the idea of RW trying to cover him.
Old 03-05-2009   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Can I file this under who cares catagory?
Old 03-06-2009   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

With all the screaming you guys do about not having safety with coverage skills, and you want bring in Roy Williams?

He may be good with the horse-collar, but he can't cover the toilet lid with his own ass.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read