Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

New England west?

3rdcoastcards

Practice Squad
I wonder if they fans/media of the Broncos are whining about all of the NE imports that Josh McDaniels is bringing in. Lamont Jordan, Jabar Gaffney, and Lonnie Paxton all were in NE last year. Plus he tried to trade his franchise qb for Cassell. All this in the span of a week. I am sure now that Richard Justice has seen another example of a new coach bringing in people he is comfortable with...he will cut our staff a break. Just like I am sure he will admit he was wrong about Wunderlich Six at qb.

I wonder if they fans/media of the Broncos are whining about all of the NE imports that Josh McDaniels is bringing in. Lamont Jordan, Jabar Gaffney, and Lonnie Paxton all were in NE last year. Plus he tried to trade his franchise qb for Cassell. All this in the span of a week. I am sure now that Richard Justice has seen another example of a new coach bringing in people he is comfortable with...he will cut our staff a break. Just like I am sure he will admit he was wrong about Wunderlich Six at qb.

Did you mean Wonderlic as in the test given to athletes or Wunderlich as in the middle school, road and family from the NW part of Houston?

To answer your question, yeah a lot of them are ticked off.

ANd I totally disagree with you here. I've been very irritated with being the Broncos 2.0 since Kubiak got here. Sure every player grabs a few players here and there, but Kubiak has gone after way to many and I can't think of one real good one that he brought over here from Denver that was a real solid player for us.

Mcdainiel is screwing with a lot of the key pieces of that team and not handling a lot stuff the right way in my opinion. Cutler was one of the best QB's in the league last season, and now Mcdaniel is also trying to trade Sheffler who is one of the premier TE's around the league right now who is also really young. It would almost be like if someone came in here right now and immediately wanted to trade Owen Daniels. I'd be ticked.

To answer your question, yeah a lot of them are ticked off.

ANd I totally disagree with you here. I've been very irritated with being the Broncos 2.0 since Kubiak got here. Sure every player grabs a few players here and there, but Kubiak has gone after way to many and I can't think of one real good one that he brought over here from Denver that was a real solid player for us.

Mcdainiel is screwing with a lot of the key pieces of that team and not handling a lot stuff the right way in my opinion. Cutler was one of the best QB's in the league last season, and now Mcdaniel is also trying to trade Sheffler who is one of the premier TE's around the league right now who is also really young. It would almost be like if someone came in here right now and immediately wanted to trade Owen Daniels. I'd be ticked.

I don't think I can agree with you on this. I don't think Kubes has brought in too many Denver players, and most of them were more as a stop-gap than any long term solution. Only Myers was brought in as a long term player, and while he has his faults (pushed around by big NT's), he did start all 16 games and could be considered a "solid player." As for the others like Ferguson, Eslinger, and the TE we had Kubes 1st year (Forgot his name.), I don't think any of them were anymore than stop-gaps until we drafted/developed a better player. It's just a matter of a coach, whether it be Kubes, McDaniel, or whoever, going with who they know. JMHO!

I don't think I can agree with you on this. I don't think Kubes has brought in too many Denver players, and most of them were more as a stop-gap than any long term solution. Only Myers was brought in as a long term player, and while he has his faults (pushed around by big NT's), he did start all 16 games and could be considered a "solid player." As for the others like Ferguson, Eslinger, and the TE we had Kubes 1st year (Forgot his name.), I don't think any of them were anymore than stop-gaps until we drafted/developed a better player. It's just a matter of a coach, whether it be Kubes, McDaniel, or whoever, going with who they know. JMHO!

I understand what you're saying and all, but I still don't think we needed to be targeting all of the Bronco players that we were. Again, none of them were really good players for us. Not that Kubiak is the only guy to do that or anything, but I'd rather see a pretty good mix of players all around the NFL coming to a new team rather than the ex players that another team didn't want.

I don't like Mcdaniels approach at all thus far.

I understand what you're saying and all, but I still don't think we needed to be targeting all of the Bronco players that we were. Again, none of them were really good players for us. Not that Kubiak is the only guy to do that or anything, but I'd rather see a pretty good mix of players all around the NFL coming to a new team rather than the ex players that another team didn't want.

I don't like Mcdaniels approach at all thus far.

Kubiak was looking at all those ex-Broncos because he wanted some guys who knew the system to come in here and be stopgaps while we upgraded the team through the draft.

I understand your point though. Myers is probably the only one that I would call a success at this point.

Whatever do you mean, Justice is a well respected member of the Houston media and loves this team more than anything. And VY is a scholar.

Jeb Putzier? He was here for Kubes' first two years. He was in Seattle last year. I believe he is back with the Broncos now. I think i heard his name on Denver Sports Radio a few days ago.

Whatever do you mean, Justice is a well respected member of the Houston media and loves this team more than anything. And VY is a scholar.

Oh absolutely. I don't know if you heard but Vince Young Scored a 51/50 on the test It was the first time anyone ever scored a 51 on test that has a ceiling of 50. To commemorate the occasion, the Test makers wanted to rename the test the wunderYOUNG, but Vince was far too humble and wouldn't accept that honor. So not only is he brilliant, he is also humble too.
:)

Back