Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-04-2009   #1
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trade JJ for Michael Bush?

I don't know much about Oakland situation with WR/kick off returner. But, I read somewhere that Oakland is using Michael Bush as a trade bait. Why not one on one trade? JJ may has some value to Raiders as a kick off returner and future young and fast WR to groom.

GO TEXANS!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #2
Polo

Default Re: Trade JJ for Michael Bush?

I like it.
Old 03-04-2009   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd make deal that in a split second if I was Rick Smith.

Unfortunately, not even the Raiders are dumb enough to accept it. Bush is FAR FAR more valuable than JJ.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #4
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would LOOVE for this to happen, I watched this kid fall to 100th overall in his draft. Louisville could have won it all if he hadn't have broken his Leg early in his senior season.

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #5
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I'd make deal that in a split second if I was Rick Smith.

Unfortunately, not even the Raiders are dumb enough to accept it. Bush is FAR FAR more valuable than JJ.
maybe they feel they owe us one after the P-Buc deal?
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98334 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be all for this, but I'm sure Bush has more value than JJ.

However the Raiders have Fargas who is getting paid some cash and Mcfadden as well. They really don't need Bush that bad, so they might be willing to let him go for rather cheap.

Maybe JJ and a 5th rounder. If they say no, I would have no problem trading JJ and one of our 4th rounders.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately, Oakland alrady has their Jacoby Jones in Johnny Lee Higgins. He's a young developing WR but is even better at KR/PR than Jacoby is. Raiders will not go for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzL_X...eature=related
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 03-04-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2009   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this our first Japanese Board member ? Welcome and I gotta second your idea, but I dunno if Big Al is in the market for a WR ?
BTW thanks for the Sushi, I love it and have it almost every Friday night !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #9
Polo

I don't think Bush has a whole lot more value than JJ if any.
Old 03-04-2009   #10
D_Money85
TEXAN4LIFE

Rep Power: 0 D_Money85 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotD_Money85 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Yeah i wouldn't mind seeing this happen. Don't get me wrong i like JJ but i hate holding my breath everytime the ball is in his hands. Plus i hear his additude ain't the best. M Bush is a big bruser would play good behind slaton and being third string on the Rad. he won't play much
D_Money85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #11
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

However the Raiders have Fargas who is getting paid some cash and Mcfadden as well. They really don't need Bush that bad, so they might be willing to let him go for rather cheap.

Maybe JJ and a 5th rounder. If they say no, I would have no problem trading JJ and one of our 4th rounders.
ya, this guy is exactly what we need too, a big brusing back with speed who can hit holes. I remember thinking he was a less agile Adrian Peterson in college, I saw him straight run over some people....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98334 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Is this our first Japanese Board member ? Welcome and I gotta second your idea, but I dunno if Big Al is in the market for a WR ?
BTW thanks for the Sushi, I love it and have it almost every Friday night !
Why would the Raiders NOT be in the market for a WR? THey don't even currently have one right now. That is their BIGGEST NEED. That is exactly what they are in the market for. Hell, that is all that was talked about all year long last year was how Russell didn't have any weapons to throw to other than Zach Miller who is a TE. Miller was their best WR last season. The Raiders are one of the dumbest organizations in football and Al Davis loves getting a guy that is talented with speed.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #13
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe I am the first Japanese Board Member and I've been around but I don't post much and just read what is going on with the Texans. The Raiders got one seems to be a legit young WR however, I can't recall young seems to be a legit WR other than Higgins. You can always use another one.

GO TEXANS!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why would the Raiders NOT be in the market for a WR? THey don't even currently have one right now. That is their BIGGEST NEED. That is exactly what they are in the market for. Hell, that is all that was talked about all year long last year was how Russell didn't have any weapons to throw to other than Zach Miller who is a TE. Miller was their best WR last season. The Raiders are one of the dumbest organizations in football and Al Davis loves getting a guy that is talented with speed.
With Donald Curry gone, they may need another WR too. I think the sale to the Raiders would be the fact that JJ is a good PR because we can't sale them on his receiving stats.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #15
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

I remember hoping we would pick up Michael Bush in the late rounds in the draft that year. I would love it if he came here. I think his career could take off in our scheme. Not buried behind McFadden & Fargas.

Last edited by Mike Kerns; 03-04-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Name spelled incorrectly
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

IIRC, a team already suggested a trade for Bush and the Raiders informed them that Bush was not going to be traded. I think it was a week or so ago.
Old 03-04-2009   #17
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Raiders still have Javon Walker and will probably resign Jerry Porter since he got cut from the Jags. They also just let go of Ronald Curry so that might say how they feel about Johnny Lee Higgins. They're also poised to take a WR in the first or second round and Crabtree becomes a nice option since Housh signed w/ Seattle.

I think the Raiders would more likely want a draft pick and senile as Al is he'll want to improve on the 4th he invested to get Michael Bush. Realistically I'm seeing him wanting a third unless we can pair someone like a JJ to sweeten the deal with a 4th. PErsonally I think there is better value in the third for us to take a RB or BPA however, if Al just wanted a 4th straight up I'd do the deal in a heartbeat.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #18
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I don't think Bush has a whole lot more value than JJ if any.
Jacoby Jones has ZERO value as a wide receiver right now. He's below DAVID ANDERSON on the depth chart! If he had any WR chops at all, he'd instantly a lot more valuable.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I wouldn't even hesitate there. That would be just abour right if you ask me. Of course the Raiders wouldn't do that either but it's a great fantasy to toy with.
Old 03-04-2009   #20
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Jacoby Jones has ZERO value as a wide receiver right now. He's below DAVID ANDERSON on the depth chart! If he had any WR chops at all, he'd instantly a lot more valuable.
Michael Bush is third on his depth chart.....????

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read