Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-04-2009   #1
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Detroit Lions Defense

I was just wondering what defense the Detroit Lions have been running or will be utilizing under new head coach Jim Schwartz? I think they were running a Tampa 2 but I dunno if that was the system. It seems they have/had the players needed for a Tampa 2 considering there undersized LBs (most are 225-lbs and are barely 6'0" with the exception of Paris Lennon).

Anyways...if you were the HC how would go about revamping the D?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #2
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Detroit Lions Defense

Totally.

I'd start by drafting Curry #1 overall, best defensive guy at 20 (or whatever their 2nd pick is) maybe like Michael Johnson or another LBer
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they run the cover 2.

They need an upgrade at alot of positions. OLB, ILB, DE, FS, CB. They have signed Eric King and Anthony Henry to play corner and still have Ernie Sims who is ok but from what I hear not what he should be at this point.

They really need help at all three level's and im not sure how to do that in one year without ignoring their offense which also needs alot of help.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get Anthony Henry to play FS.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get Anthony Henry to play FS.
Totally agree if they can get FA Jabari Greer, or Vontae in the draft.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #6
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Like Timekiller said I start by drafting Curry, and at 20 a stay away from question marks like Michael Johnson. Instead I might go LB again, James Laurinaitis might be the perfect fit.

2nd round Might have to go OC, Mack or Unger might be there. Or I might go after Robert Ayers at the 33 pick.

Right now Detroit is void of talent, and they need to add football players, they have to go BPA and not worry about position. I would not draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. They need to build from the middle out on offense and defense.

Now I would not have cut Kitna, I would have let him take the sacks until i get the OL in place.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read