Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-03-2009   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Lightbulb good Dan Orlovsky Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hpty-YuGaU

post what you think it was sad to hear his mom and dad =[

i think if we could harness his pride we could make him a relly good football player
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: good Dan Orlovsky Video

Nice video. He's a TEXAN now, so we'll see how it all turns out, and I'll wish him nothing but success.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

orlovsky was the one with that goofy safety last season, no?
Old 03-03-2009   #4
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
orlovsky was the one with that goofy safety last season, no?
Yessir.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #5
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like a good guy. I hope he does well.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #6
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: good Dan Orlovsky Video

he seams serius and i like that and he will get the job done as back up with a good runing game and wide outs
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I put that video up this morning on the Chron blog. Thought it was impressive that he was that open about things.

I think so few quarterbacks have such amazing skills that they can come into any NFL situation in the league and succeed.

The best situations to come into are developed teams with good defenses.

For most rookie QBs coming into the league, they end up having a bit of an odyssey before they succeed. They need to learn what it takes to play at that position.

Texans have a very QB friendly system as long as your head is on straight and you know how to prepare.
Old 03-03-2009   #8
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

anyone notice his game against the Colts in Indy last year? the lions lost the game but he did pretty well for himself, considering the colts have an above average pass defense

boxscore

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_y...id=20081214011
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009   #9
Dapper
Veteran

Rep Power: 33 Dapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought this was a good pick up when we got him but i'm liking this kid more and more. It's good to see young men ,that almost always struggle early in their lives, get their priorities straightend out and turn back into a good person. From my experience, they have a focus that is hard to match. I'm glad he's a Texan.
Old 03-08-2009   #10
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
I thought this was a good pick up when we got him but i'm liking this kid more and more. It's good to see young men ,that almost always struggle early in their lives, get their priorities straightend out and turn back into a good person. From my experience, they have a focus that is hard to match. I'm glad he's a Texan.
True that.

At the end of the day, we don't know how he will perform as a Texan, but I for one am really routing for him to do well. He has his head screwed on, he seems like a real good guy, and I hope that he can turn his head strong attitude into talent on the field, and do a great job for us.

Its so much easier to like guys who aren't d-bags, and along with David Anderson these past two weeks have been quite nice to be a Texans fan.
mattieuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as he's not mental anymore and can concentrate on football, I like the kid. I still think we paid too much for him, but I trust Kubiak because he's the QB guru and if he sees something in him, I'm on board.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm very confident in Orlovsky being the backup QB.
Looks like the guy can be worked with. Kubiak should have a good time next year coaching up the two backup QBs.

Believe it or not, none of Orlovsky's eight Ints was of the bad-mistake-type like those that our 2 QBs threw last year.

He still has much room for improvement, but he's a pretty decent QB.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #13
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Orlovsky was a good developmental prospect coming out of UConn and just needs some fine tuning. He has caught a ton of flack for that safety (the coach shouldn't have had him dropping back to pass that close to the goal line anyway...although it worked against our Richard Smith bend/break defense), and he's caught a ton of flack for being the starting QB a good portion of the Lions 0-16 season but he's a talented QB and can be coached up. We've got talent where the Lions lacked and a QB friendly HC, Orlovsky will fit in very well in our system.
Old 03-25-2009   #14
whiskeyrbl

Nice video, great storyline. Wish him the best in his personal and professional life.
Old 03-25-2009   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary Kubiak on former Lions QB Dan Orlovsky: 'He has starter ability'

Quote:
"I see a young player who we can raise along with Matt. I'm really looking forward to it, I think he has starter ability.''

While Orlovsky did make some good plays during the season, he'll be remembered most for running out of the end zone for a safety against the Minnesota Vikings.

"I will say this: When you get thrown to the wolves as a starting quarterback in this league, it's tough (when) you're with a good team. When you're struggling, it's even tougher,'' Kubiak said. "He went through some interesting things, like in Minnesota. The thing I was impressed with was that he just stood up and said 'I made a mistake. It wasn't very smart.' You have to go through those things to get better in this league and take the next step. I don't see those things affecting him, he looks at those things like learning experiences that aren't going to happen again. I see him as having a lot of confidence.''
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._lions_qb.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read